ワンパンマン One Punch Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ワンパンマン One Punch Man

OnePunchMan, concept by ONE and drawn by Murata Yuusuke.
    http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/
    Original work by ONE [Spoiler and sanity warning]

And as mentioned by the Commander.
    Spoiler
    I like this SciFictiony manga, reminds me of the old shounen manga were there were heroes that always had evil to overcome. It even borrows some art styles from that time that will make you scream "copyright!" in the middle of reading. Nothing says 'Hero Organization' more than rankings, and I love how they portray superhero life in postwar Japan. The eponymous protagonist isn't one I've seen before though, although there are times when one has to wonder who the protagonist really is, in terms of character development.

I generally flinch at Engrish synopses but this one written on volume 5 says a lot about the series that I can overlook it this one time.
    The "One Punch"... Must Start. Must End. The Hero is called One Punch Man.
    Spoiler
    I don't think this is for people serious about superheroes, 'continuity' and 'canon' though, this here's a good action-packed gag manga. There isn't much male-oriented ecchi elements too, so too bad for the moeblobs. No, really. It's a testosterone-filled tome with the occassional nekkid hunk.

This isn't my blog, so yeah, discuss. And when the anime comes out and the studio ruins it, I was the one who predicted it.
    Last edited by whiteheadedboy; 11-30-2014, 10:38 AM. Reason: Added Galaxy Heavy Blow

Start/End/Die/LiveRythm/AL/Stage/No/LightGo-Back-No-YesScene1/Rise Again/&Stop/End/Die/OutIt's Show/Rage/no/My MindGo/Back/1-9B-5/round 2 fight

I'm just gonna say that the concept art is most dope. I don't know about nothing else.

Fear the Impregnator

Comment

Oh, yeah. I knew about this one some days ago. It was through some hentai doujinshi with the bald guy and the beauty short haired woman if I'm not mistaken. Good stuff. Hehe
      I will take a good look on it soon. It looks like it worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by KingPenguin View Post
        Oh, yeah. I knew about this one some days ago. It was through some hentai doujinshi with the bald guy and the beauty short haired woman if I'm not mistaken. Good stuff. Hehe
        I will take a good look on it soon. It looks like it worth a try.
        ^There's hdoujinshi already? I knew of fanart but not doujinshi.

ONE is also the creator of Mob Psycho 100 which is pretty good too but i still like One Punch Man more. He also hasn't been working on One Punch Man so i wonder if he's waiting for Murata to catch up.

We're finally getting into the Garou arc in Murata's version so expect a lot of ass kicking.

Mr. Wiki CG is always in da search of good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Garuga View Post
          ^There's hdoujinshi already? I knew of fanart but not doujinshi.
          Yes, there is. The one I saw is from an author named Kiyosumi Hurricane (清炭ハリケーン).
          Oh, and One Punch Man sure is interesting to me. I took a look at the first chapters and I liked what I saw so far.

Comment

I also saw some Saitama x Genos doujinshi this week, for those interested in that genre. One thing I like about having the ESP sisters as the only notable female heroes means a Tatsumaki book will eventually show up one of these days.
            We're finally getting into the Garou arc in Murata's version so expect a lot of ass kicking.
            I haven't gotten that far into that arc yet, but I'm looking forward to the part where Fubiki shows up.

Added ONE's One Punch Man site. Sorry about that ONE-sensei! Don't forget to check his other works. Makai no Ossan was quite funny.

Start/End/Die/LiveRythm/AL/Stage/No/LightGo-Back-No-YesScene1/Rise Again/&Stop/End/Die/OutIt's Show/Rage/no/My MindGo/Back/1-9B-5/round 2 fight

Comment

This is one of the great underdogs out there; Murata's drawings took ONE's work to another level... and that's saying a lot! Easily in my current top 3 mangas to follow, probably up there after Shingeki no Kyojin.

It would be very hard to properly animate this after Muratavision™ was applied, it would require great quality works.. maybe something ala Hellsing Ultimate?

Really excited about the Garou arc... shit is about to get real

Comment

Murata's version of Fubuki is pretty sexy... me likey

Also ONE is finally released a new chapter! Shit's serious yo!Tatsumaki's serious business after all.

Comment

https://youtu.be/6Bdb1V0Io_g

Anime confirmed for October this year.

Also One finally updated Onepunch man instead of Mob Psycho.

Comment

https://youtu.be/6Bdb1V0Io_g

Anime confirmed for October this year.

Also One finally updated Onepunch man instead of Mob Psycho.
                    Very interesting news. I hope they invest in this project properly.
                    I lost track of the manga, but until the animation is released I should reach the most recent chapters.

Comment

IMO the most awesome, epic, detailed manga EVER. I hope the studio handling the animation would do justice to the super epic drawing of murata-sensei. I usually get disappointed when comparing anime to manga since my imagination of the battles while reading the manga was far better than the animation haha.

Anyways, here's a comparison with the original OPM. Try reading it too. Its not that bad if you're not picky with the art style.

Last edited by Madara Uchihax; 06-12-2015, 07:52 AM. Reason: Going to center the pic lel :D
                      "The longer you live... The more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering and emptiness..." - Madara Uchiha

Comment

I'll definitely check this out.
                        Oh yeah ワンパンマン romanized reads as Wan Ban Man.
                        Shouldn't it be ワンパンチュマン(Wan Panchu Man)

Comment

Originally posted by OppaiTaishō View Post
                          I'll definitely check this out.
                          Oh yeah ワンパンマン romanized reads as Wan Ban Man.
                          Shouldn't it be ワンパンチュマン(Wan Panchu Man)
                          It is a reference to アンパンマン
                          basically a super hero breadman

Comment

It was ridiculously good. That was amazing.
                            Some one told manga raw or raw manga is not good because its quality is not same orginal version.
                            It is wrong, because our raw has good quality with 80-90% than orginal.
                            You can check it out at our site : http://jpmangaraw.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X