Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't you find waiting for manga tedious?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you find waiting for manga tedious?

Yay another chapter in Akame Ga Kill, oh I totally can't sait for the next chapter! What a cliffhanger! When is it? Next Month.
    Isn't it annoying? Maybe this is why I read completed manga only....most of the time.

Only a month? That's not even waiting, I remember the 3 months between each Gantz manga or the many years between each Evangelion volume. Not to mention the Haruhi novels.

But indeed, waiting is the worst. In my case what was really annoying was waiting for Gantz and read it in 10 minutes so I had to wait another 3 months for it.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_293080_1467446443955_602[/ATTACH]

Comment

It doesn't annoy me, but it certainly kills the flow of the plot and does horrible things for immersion. One of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of manga, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyottl View Post
        It doesn't annoy me, but it certainly kills the flow of the plot and does horrible things for immersion. One of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of manga, but whatever.
        I agree, I also tend to forget which chapter I am in in mangas/manwhas like The Breaker.

Comment

I've stopped caring.

I've waited years for some stuff (e.g. Mister Ajikko) to get localized and distributed...

...That said, I've given up on anime and manga for the most part.
          For our hearts are joined/I no longer fear anything/The strength and gentleness you have bestowed/Now I shall bestow them upon you this time!/
          Not going one step further/Embracing strongly the past/Draw the dreams/I shall no longer give in/Let us go meet it/To the future I want realized!

Comment

I'd usually look for the manga/anime i want to read/watch and bookmark it/put a note somewhere and read it whenever there's a substantial amount of it already released. But yeah waiting is the worst, i prefer finishing it in one go.

[Dream Up]Reality is what you shape it to be.

Comment

Well it depends on the speed of release. If it is like Naruto used to be - with weekly release on a certain day, then waiting could be exciting. You know that it comes out next week, or in 3 days and it makes you shiver.
              But with monthly releases without certain dates it's annoying.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I stop waiting for new chapter of manga years ago because it is too long and sometime not worth the wait. U can watch anime instead if It has been adapted but u may miss small details that links the story together and the some arcs that have nothing to do with the story.
                But any ways if u watch anime u still have to wait for the full season to complete airing or u will feel the same waiting is something that I really hate!

Comment

And even if you wait for the anime they often (at least for running manga) don't have a proper conclusion so either you have to get back and wait for the manga anyways or wait even longer for another anime season that's probably not ever going to be made.

So best thing to do is read/watch only 10+ years old stuff and check beforehand whether it's properly finished Obviously you sometimes still can get surprised (Diebuster 2 after 25 years? xD ), but that's rare. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Pyottl View Post
                    It doesn't annoy me, but it certainly kills the flow of the plot and does horrible things for immersion.
                    The exact reason why I only read completed series, or completed arcs.
                    Peace
                    Love
                    Unity
                    Respect

Comment

Well, I'm not exactly thrilled with how long I've been waiting for new chapters of Highschool of the Dead.

Comment

Just a little bit. I have way more patience than I used to have.

Comment

I've been waiting for a new update for Five Star Stories for years besides retcons mentioned in the website. I waited for years for Sadamoto to finish Eva. At this point, I just don't give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by OppaiTaisho View Post
                            Yay another chapter in Akame Ga Kill, oh I totally can't sait for the next chapter! What a cliffhanger! When is it? Next Month.
                            Isn't it annoying? Maybe this is why I read completed manga only....most of the time.
                            That's probably why I stopped reading thema all together - or rather, I take long breaks so I can read a bunch of chapters each time I "focus" on a particular manga.
                            I dunno, reading them chapter-by-chapter feels a bit dull. Reading them whole is much more immersive, even if when they're finished it's kinda hard to recover (that happens only with the good ones, thought).

Comment

I dont find them tedious, though right now there aren't many (if any) series that i follow that i wait impatiently for. Most likely because 1) The scanlator group is inconsistent 2) The arc is not that interesting to me (example: Magi's Alma Torran flashback) 3) The manga is a blabbering mess (Freezing for example). And most of the series i follow either go into Haitus or the scanlator goes MiA.

Though the series that did keep me checking everyday for progress were Gunslinger girl, Fullmetal panic sigma and Mahou Sensei Negima.
                              I really should find some new series to follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X