MangaMeeya: The Best Comic Reader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangaMeeya: The Best Comic Reader

Up until now, I've been using CDisplay to read my manga. I recently found out about MangaMeeya, which is a much superior replacement. It supports archives within archives, doesn't crash like CDisplay, has a thumbnail view, has fully customizable key shortcuts, and is faster than anything else I've tried. As far as I know, it's Windows only. You can download it from:http://jdiscar.blogspot.com/2009/03/manga-meeya.html. That page also tells you how to set it up on your right click menu.

What readers are you guys using? I think that a good reader makes a really huge difference. You should definitely move away from Windows Picture Viewer. Having the option to see two pages at once without needing to extract any archives and easily navigate pages is so nice. If there is something better out there, I'd like to know.

Originally posted by ahojed View Post
    Up until now, I've been using CDisplay to read my manga. I recently found out about MangaMeeya, which is a much superior replacement. It supports archives within archives, doesn't crash like CDisplay, has a thumbnail view, has fully customizable key shortcuts, and is faster than anything else I've tried. As far as I know, it's Windows only. You can download it from:http://jdiscar.blogspot.com/2009/03/manga-meeya.html. That page also tells you how to set it up on your right click menu.

What readers are you guys using? I think that a good reader makes a really huge difference. You should definitely move away from Windows Picture Viewer. Having the option to see two pages at once without needing to extract any archives and easily navigate pages is so nice. If there is something better out there, I'd like to know.
    Hmm haven't tested it though but
    here is a list of others Comic Reader ^^
    http://www.zcultfm.com/~comic/wiki/i.../Comic_Viewers
    Things To be uploaded Next: Will upload If possible...
    Quote: Anything that can be downloaded will be downloaded regardless the content
    All My Latest Stuffs, please [Visit Here] Most Updated!!!
    Featured Game DDL:[KISS] カスタムメイド3D [Custom Maid 3D] ,please [Visit Here]
    For my H-Movie/Animes DDL links, please [Visit Here]

Comment

Oh, that's a really nice post. It's a bit out of date (and Manga Meeya does have an English translation), but I'll definitely need to give ComicRack a try. I'll let you know what I think.

Comment

I beg to differ. Try FastStone Image Viewer.

Comment

fastone image viewer is an excellent image viewer, but it cannot read archives, where most mangas are contained.

Spoiler
          Originally posted by starcaptor
          I would say Lisa Hayes would probably have the best historical account since shes been on the ship for quite a while. I remember talking to hongfire one on one in the forums for only one thing, and that was...why was the website called hongfire?

Comment

MangaMeeya have bugs, may crash or fail to open if file path contains certain characters. Settings window is too small.

ComicsViewer is simple but functionally suffice for zip. It does not cache rar, so it's slower for rar with normal compression up. But there is no need to fix registry manually. It provides an option to integrate browse folder & view file options to the explorer right click menu.

Hamana is good too. With plug-in, it supports 7z. But it does not have the explorer integration option. I am too lazy to open files done in 2 steps so using comicsviewer most of the time (and may convert all rar to zip lol).

Comment

What is the most recent version for ComicsViewer now?

Comment

I just went to have a check.
                Both Comicsviewer Eng / Sim Chinese version are updated to 1.40.

Comment

I've read recommendations for this, it seems worth a shot.

Comment

I use MangaMeeya, too.

It is great to have the function to correct the images.
                     Let us, then, be up and doing, with a heart for any fate.

Comment

anyone know how to customize the hotkeys? can't seem to do it from the customize menu.

Comment

I think comicrack is better than manga meeya but comic rack takes up alot of ram

Comment

mangameeya user,too.
                          but it have a disadvantage ,it can't support other language such as chinese.
                          So,I also use hamana(another comic viewer soft) at the same time~

Comment

So...how does mangameeya work?
                            The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

~ Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I still use CDisplay.(=

Comment

Working...
                              X