Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review [Id: The Greatest Fusion Fantasy] [Korean] [Manhwa]

ID: The Greatest Fusion Fantasy

Alternative Name: 이드 (pronounced Ee doo)

Author: Kim Daewoo (김대우)

Artist: A. T. Kenny

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Romance, Shounen

Release Cycle: ...err currently on hiatus since the latest volume is currently being released

Date Published: August 2, 2002

Synopsis:

Wikipedia (description)
    This is the story of man named Ye Chun Hwa (예천화)[1] who is trapped in a world he does not come from. He soon takes the name of Id since he did not want to attract too much unwanted attention because of his name which would sound odd to the locals of the world he found himself in. As Chun Hwa progresses through this strange new world throughout the story he makes friends, enemies, and part of his past is shown indicating that there is more than meets the eye about his past. Around volume six his origins and his past are revealed, but many questions about him are still unanswered.

Mangafox (description)
    We find Chunwha, a girly looking man, in a world different from his own... There he will struggle to find his way back while encountering the many different inhabitants of the new world including elves, dwarves, and even mages! As he grows in strength and spirit, the mangaka creates fascinating situations with his friends and enemies that moves past the simple confrontation of the antagonist vs the protagonist.
    To find out what funny fate is in store for our hero, follow Id in a fantastic adventure, exploring a world where anything is possible and he is constantly mistaken for a girl!

Thoughts About this Webtoon
    ID: The Greatest Fusion Fantasy is simply put, one of the best fantasy/martial arts manga i have ever read. It beautifully combines the aesthetics of Chinese Wuxia martial arts, and presents it in a story that is both engaging, and entertaining. In the first chapters, the author presents us a bit of information about the main character (a bishie ), then thrusts us, in a fantasy world where monsters and magic exists. At first, we get the feeling that the main character is powerful, but in the later volumes, we get a backstory of just how POWERFUL he became in the series. I can't say it's good or bad, but sometimes, you just want the story to unfold, without a worry to the main characters. And what a ride it is.

What does this manhwa bring to us?

1. bishie characters totally unlike Toriko.
    (a perfect summary of our main character)

2. lovely heroines

3. badass enemies

4. bishie enemies

5. (fre)nemies

6. innocent enemies

and so on,
    and on,

In fact, if you're looking for a fantasy manga, with magic, and dragons, and fairies, and elves, and dwarves, and gods, and castles, and kings, and..., and... much more, this totally delivers.
    And even though i mentioned above that it's on hiatus, for the 28 volumes, it has enough story to keep you entertained, and satisfied.

So i strongly recommend this read if you're looking for an adventure type story.

Hit or Miss? Is this for you? Read and find out!

If you're looking for romance, stay away from this. While there is romance, the author does not put emphasis too much of it.
    If you're looking for fantasy adventure, i recommend this.

Is it a good read?
    In my experience, yes. It is an enjoyable manhwa to read.

So, what are you waiting for!

Spoiler
    Originally posted by starcaptor
    I would say Lisa Hayes would probably have the best historical account since shes been on the ship for quite a while. I remember talking to hongfire one on one in the forums for only one thing, and that was...why was the website called hongfire?

Id is one of my favorite manhwas and a really good fantasy adventure series. I try to catch up with it every few months or so, though I didn't know it was on hiatus. It definitely has a huge scope with a lot of interesting characters that you can see develop over the course of the series. Like you said, people who are into fantasy adventure should definitely check it out.

Comment

I can see myself grabbing this once it's complete. Gantz and Berzerk (especially Berzerk) have left me afraid to get attached to something ongoing lest the mangaka decide to go on hiatus for a few decades so he can watch the fans squirm. So far I've only read one Korean manhwa but the proof of principle that they can hold their own in the world has been established.
      "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."

Comment

Working...
      X