Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oricon Top 10 Chart List [Personal top 3 reviews] - 2014 - Week 42

ORICON TOP 10 CHART - MY TOP 3 REVIEWS

The purpose of this thread is to record my opinions over the J-POP Oricon chart and to share information about which songs are popular in japan every week. These reviews are all opinion based and can be taken in whichever way you like. Whether it be negative or positive feedback i appreciate any comments! Also, discussion over the music of each week is encouraged! Please also note that by no means am i a musician or do i have any extensive music theory degrees, I'm just a fan that loves sharing opinions!

Source information:
    Jpopasia
    Full top ten charts here
    http://www.jpopasia.com/charts/
    Shinsen-Radio (great place to listen to jpop)
    http://www.shinsen-radio.org/

MY TOP 3 REVIEWS(October 13, 2014 - October 19, 2014)

1. Nandome no Aozora ka? - Nagizaka46 (Ranked #1)

I'm personally not really a fan of large groups of female idols from japan or Korea such as AKB48 or Girls Generation but I do believe that Nagizaka46 has done this genre of music justice with this song. At first, the song seems a bit lackluster and seems like a copy of other songs of this genre, but as it progresses it starts to hit you right in the feels. Watching the video through Jpopasia gives it an extra "translation" button on the right side of the webpage that you can use to translate the Japanese lyrics and listening to the lyrics of the song gave me chills and reminded me a lot of my younger years in high school here in the US. For a group or even a piece of music to bring back such vibrant memories of my childhood takes a lot of talent and i believe this group definitely has that. Their chorus and individual talents all sound on point. To put the icing on the cake the music video for this song truly tells a story of the life of high school kid that keeps finding himself in odd embarrassing situations and what appears to be him becoming the laughing stock of the school, but in the end turns out to find great people and friends to experience the rest of his high school life with.

Enjoyment: ★★★★☆
    Structure: ★★★☆☆
    Video: ★★★★☆
    2. Keep the Challenge - SEXY ZONE (Ranked #4)

MATTTTSUUUUUU MY LUFFFFF!!!. Let me just start by saying that i am extremely biased when it comes to SEXY ZONE. They are one of my favorite J-Pop bands and Matsuu (Matsushima Sou) is a QT. But enough about my biases let's talk about the song. This song ranked #5 this week dropping 4 entire positions since week 41. This song has a lot of key elements instrumentally that make it appealing to me. Towards the beginning of the song you can hear what sounds like trumpets and string instruments that continue into the background of the songs core. Although this is common in most J-pop music, i beleive it gives the song a kind of jazzy love song type of feel that transitions into a more pop-idol type of song. The visuals in this song were mostly generic jpop types of scenes with also scenes of the bands members interacting together in their every day lives (Even if it was only 3 out of the 5 of them). The lyrics in the song also are very prominent in my opinions of the song. With the help of a friend of mine that is currently getting ready to move to Japan to become a school teacher and the help of broken google translate i was able to look at a few of the lyrics in English and determine that the lyrics coupled with the sound of the music can inspire the listener and increase their confidence, and to remind them to never give up on the challenges they have ahead of them. Great song!

Enjoyment: ★★★★★
    Structure: ★★★★☆
    Video: ★★☆☆☆
    3. VAMPIRE'S LOVE - VAMP (Ranked #3)

This song is just... wow to me. I've never been a fan of VAMPS and honestly can't understand the type of music he normally plays. But this song was just, wow. It got to me deeply and it felt like i relived a part of my life. I legit have goosebumps. This song has an amazing piano opening that continues to play throughout the lyrics which cut right through your heart. The generic guitar rifts in the background are alright but they lyrics you just feel this mains pain and relive some of your own with the song. It brought me to tears. The structure of this song is really really nice and the music video (although low quality) is very appealing to me. I'd recommend anyone who has every lost a loved one, missed out on a chance to show your love to someone or who is wanting to look back in their past to watch this MV and just get absorbed into the moment. I am honestly surprised this didn't reach #1

Enjoyment: ★★★★★
    Structure: ★★★★☆
    Video: ★★★★☆

ORICON 10 YEARS AGO!
    The top song for week 42 of 2004

Leave your comments or opinions in the thread and tell me what you think of this weeks list or any of the 3 songs i reviewed! If you would like to have input on the design, layout or material posted in this section just go ahead and drop me a message on Hongfire or catch up with me on the forums. I will be on IRC chat almost every day so see if you can hit me up!
    Last edited by GoddessOfFakku; 10-25-2014, 11:00 PM.
    GFX FOR ANTS

Shouldn't this be in the Music section? Maybe you should ask a mod to move it...?

Comment

Working...
    X