Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger Merchandise forum with subforums waht subforums would you like to add?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Merchandise forum with subforums waht subforums would you like to add?

I am thinking to make merchandise forum a bigger forum with sub forums just like the hentai section with many subforums.

If we going to add subforums what subforums do you think we need for merchandise section?

---------- Merchandise----------------
    -Collection -Latest release
    -Guide -shop
    -exchange

-collection = member post what they have in details here?

-latest release = members can post latest news from the merchandise idustry to let us know what's new about figures and stuff?

-guide = members can post their own guides here about how to paint or build models and figures.

-shop = shoping tips for merchandise about where to buy the best and chepaest stuff?

-exchange = allow memebers to trade figures and models with each other?

nothing is decided yet. so this is just some of my ideas.

Please post your suggestions and ideas here on how we can improve the merchandise section.
    What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Oh wow we're getting some loving in this little area of the forum at last!!! lol

I would like a dedicated photo sub forum. Currently they're ALL clumped into the "bragging' thread. If you want to search for one particular photo shoot it's pretty much impossible. Realistically the most used thread is the Pre-Order and the Bragging thread. The pre-order thread could probably be a whole sub forum itself.

Comment

I would have to agree with most of the ideas in this topic so far. These are what I have on my mind.

1) No Trading section. It might be used for scams and such. I am against this idea.
      2) Latest Release (or Collection) section. I agree with most of what Sham posted. However, I think that Sham listed too many subsections, which might throw people off. Here's what I propose for the subsections.
      Spoiler
      - Scaled Figures - Self-explanatory.
      - Non-scaled Figures - The place to put in Figures such as Nendoroids.
      - Posable Figures - Revoltech, Figma, Gundam models, etc.
      - Trading Figures - Gashapon and other Trading Figures could go here.
      - Others - Anything else go here.

3) Using the Latest Release section instead of the User Album to show off. I think that using the User Album to show off their collections would lead other users away from the Merchandise section. In turn, the Merchandise section would lose its purpose. And I think that using "Collection" instead of "Latest Release" for the name would be good, since there will be people who want to show off their old collections.
      4) Pre-order section. It should be splitted into subsections like the Latest Release (or Collection) section.

Comment

Yeh I think trading section is bad idea too. Unless it's heavily monitored and admin. However if such a section is put up, I'd suggest rules such as :

(this is from another forum that I frequent which has a thriving community of traders)
        1. User need to have been a member for 90 days before they can access the trading forum
        2. ALL sales will be conducted between users and HF is in no way accountable for any liability
        3. ALL sales must have real life contacts. ie name, address, phone number of both parties
        4. ALL items on sale must be over 7 days old and used. (this is to stop retailer spam and to avoid competition with sponsors)
        5. No illegal items
        6. Items put up for sales elsewhere can not be resold on this forum. (this stops people potentially selilng the item through ebay and forum at the same time)

Comment

^^ I will add maybe a minimum post count too (say 40 or something that's not too high but not too low either) before allowed to access the trading forum. Yes people will basically do a ton of "me too" posts to try to get into trading forum. But at least it creates another way to check if that person was in the trading forum just for that purpose (which has higher spam and hit and runner possibility) than those that is staying here but has things to trade.
          Phoenix's Toy Web Page has detailed photo of my growing figures collection. Check out the Home Page link on My Profile Page if anyone is interested.

Comment

Ok here is what I sum up from all your suggestions.

Main forum

Merchandise
            - Like the Anime Section, one can post general questions regarding those Merchandise here.

sub forum
            Online Shops
            - Information regarding local shops anywhere in the world could be put in here. So members can know which ones to watch out for and other things regarding purchasing (Like Shipping, taxes and whatnot).

for the local shop subforum we will have to make many more sub forum under the local shop sub forum for each country? Like Japan USA and Thai?

--------------------------

Latest Releases
            - Now this would be divided into some more subsections so that it would be organized.
            - Big Figures - Information on big figures, release dates, etc. Can be put into individual threads which would included Member reviews about said figure, which company is releasing it etc. Figure that could be included here are 'Scaled" Figures (1/8, 1/6, 1/10, etc.)
            - Small Figures - The place to put in Figures such as Nendoroids and the likes.
            - Action Figures - Put Revoltech, Figma and the likes here
            - Trading Figures - Gashapon and other Trading Figures could go here.
            - Model Kits - Gundam Models, Armored Core and the likes of those go here.
            - Art Books - Art Books releases go here.
            - Others - Anything else minor go here

This will have to make too many sub forums?
            ---------------------

let's decide what subforums we should have before we think about adding the trade section.

Also once the forums and sub forums are decided I will make a poll for members to vote for new mods I think. just my idea as of now I have to discuss this with all staffs first.

Comment

I have a suggestion regarding Latest Releases, since too many sub forums might make this section a bit complicated, what about just scaled figure, none scaled figure and other? I don't see a need for artbook to have its own sub forum because I rarely see anybody with news regarding any artbook release so it could be part of other. even easier would be just figure and none figure

Comment

Or I can just add prefix for the threads in the latest release sub forum

something like what I did with help and support forum.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

so each thread can have their own prefix, Scaled figure, none scaled figure something like that.

What do you think?

Comment

yeah, that would prably be the better idea.

off topic, but want happened to the leveling system we had? I thought that was the coolest system ever

Comment

Originally posted by theultimatebrucelee View Post
                    off topic, but want happened to the leveling system we had? I thought that was the coolest system ever
                    Visual clutter that I doubt many people would get used to so they removed it. Good riddance, I say.

Many thanks to darkandshadow for helping me in the creation of this signature!
                    "We are the owners of our own thoughts and yet also the slaves of our own words."
                    "To create enemies it is not necessary to declare war, saying what you think is enough."
                    ~Rick, HF-Hentai #473 | My Blog | FlashChat - We welcome you to join ~
                    HongFire: The RPG - Still recruiting for more help

Comment

Honestly all that leveling just promote post whores for the sack of high levels instead of actual meaningful posting. So yeah I say it's good riddance heh.
                      Phoenix's Toy Web Page has detailed photo of my growing figures collection. Check out the Home Page link on My Profile Page if anyone is interested.

Comment

guys please stay on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinobu Maehara View Post
                          - Non-scaled Figures - The place to put in Figures such as Nendoroids.
                          Alter's Chua Churam is non-scaled and sure as hell its not a Nendo, also being 20 cm in height its twice as tall as a Nendo, also Nendoroids are action figures since they are posable, there is NO difference of a Nendo and a Figma besides Nendos being of the Super Deformed type.

In short there is NO REASON to separate the Nendos from the Action Figures and given then their own board with a completely wrong description.

Now this rant is over, I really see no point in futher sub-forums, its just going to end up like the Gamer section were most are just wastelands.

Comment

Yeh I don't think too many sub forums will be good. Header Tags in title would be a better solution. This way they're all easily distinguishable from each other. Different colours for each tag would be good too.

My image of the forum would be something like

Merchandise Section Main Forum
                            Any discussions about merchandise such as what series is good, what's your wish list etc

Pre-Orders Sub forum
                            Post the pre-orders and what you have to share etc

Latest Release Sub Forum
                            Post about released figures or discuss what you got recently.

Photography Section Sub Forum
                            Post your photo sessions with your collection. Not just simple point and shoot for the show and tell ones. Proper photo sessions such as when you take it out on location, studio shoot etc

Information Section Sub Forum
                            Information about online stores, local stores, where/when/how/why/what to buy, help looking for certain figures,

Header Tags
                            [Figures] = Encompassing all static figures, pvc, polystone, resins, etc
                            [Action Fig] = Encompassing posable figures such as Figma, fraulein, chokokin etc
                            [Mecha] = Encompassing all gundams, macross, transformers, etc
                            [Dolls] = Encompassing all ball joint dolls such as Dollfies etc
                            [SD] = Encompassing all SD cutesy figures such as Nendoroids, SD gundams, petite etc
                            [Gashapon] = Encompassing all trading figures (posable or otherwise).
                            [Printed] = Encompassing all Artbooks, Dojin, Posters, dakimakuras, photos etc
                            [Misc] = For anything that does not fit into any of the above categories

Comment

Honestly I think that the they probably should just be one sub forum on discussion. So the Merchandise Section and what ryolo's Latest Release should just be one. Basically just discussion of what you want, what's good and what you've got. Then a Order/Pre-order sub forum, a Photography sub forum, and a Help/Information sub forum. The rest just separate it using tags. So basically 4 sub forums. Too many sub forums segregates information as well making you having no idea which sub forums to search so you gave up. Header tag at least that way you can search and you can filter.

Comment

Working...
                              X