Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger Merchandise forum with subforums waht subforums would you like to add?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger Merchandise forum with subforums waht subforums would you like to add?

I am thinking to make merchandise forum a bigger forum with sub forums just like the hentai section with many subforums.

If we going to add subforums what subforums do you think we need for merchandise section?

---------- Merchandise----------------
    -Collection -Latest release
    -Guide -shop
    -exchange

-collection = member post what they have in details here?

-latest release = members can post latest news from the merchandise idustry to let us know what's new about figures and stuff?

-guide = members can post their own guides here about how to paint or build models and figures.

-shop = shoping tips for merchandise about where to buy the best and chepaest stuff?

-exchange = allow memebers to trade figures and models with each other?

nothing is decided yet. so this is just some of my ideas.

Please post your suggestions and ideas here on how we can improve the merchandise section.

• AyaToyBox
    replied
    How about Workshop ??

For WIP(work in progress) of model kit,resin kit,Scratch build,mixed build etc ???

Leave a comment:

• jmwell
    replied
    I do not like to always have one million postes to view certain forums.
    there are too many forums, filled with not quite serious posts.
    people who ask about things that have been said 100 times.
    but do not bother to read the whole thread because it is over 1000. posts

Leave a comment:

• ryolo
    replied
    Would really help to have proper coloured header tags like [Pre-order] or [New Release] in the latest release section. Perhaps also [NSFW], but that's generally the case for pretty much the entire site anyway so can probably omit that. Other handy headers to consider are in my previous post.
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...31#post2237531

Leave a comment:

• Kouji-kun
    replied
    Looks good enough.

Leave a comment:

• HongFire
    replied
    # Shops
    # Latest Releases
    # Collections

Got 3 sub forum for now what do you guys think? should I edit remove or add more? let's add them slowly 1 by 1 so that we can test it out and see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• Kouji-kun
    replied
    Originally posted by HongFire View Post
    Any objections against this sub forum list?

Maybe that's too many. maybe just
    Shops -
    Figures -
    Model Kits -
    other merchandise -
    I think having a shops subsection would just be irrelevant. We have this information already as a stickied topic. That subsection is just going to be VERY empty.

Also, I suggest a Camera section for those cameratards over there.

Originally posted by Eelcire View Post
    Would Artbooks/Guides be large enough to warrant a sub-forum? Other than that, the shorter list looks good; want the sub-forums to look full instead of barren after all.
    That could go under "Others", since the traffic for artbooks isn't really that high too.

Leave a comment:

• Eelcire
    replied
    Would Artbooks/Guides be large enough to warrant a sub-forum? Other than that, the shorter list looks good; want the sub-forums to look full instead of barren after all.

Leave a comment:

• HongFire
    replied
    Merchandise - The Main Section, general discussions can go here like how to spot a bootleg/fake figure and such.

Sub-Sections

Shops - Used for Online and Local Shops. Used to put infos such as Deputy Service, Taxes, Shop info and Shipping and other things as well as Shop Information like if AmiAmi added a certain figure in their pre-orders.
    Big Figures - Discussions on figures that are 1/10 scale and larger.
    Mini Figures - Discussions on small figures such as Nendoroids.
    Action Figures - Discussions on fully poseable figures like Revoltech and Figma.
    Trading Figures - Discussions on trading figures and gashapon figures.
    Model Kits - Discussions on Model Kits like Gundam kits and Armored Core.
    Other Merchandise - Any other Merchandise without a proper section goes here.
    Any objections against this sub forum list?

Maybe that's too many. maybe just
    Shops -
    Figures -
    Model Kits -
    other merchandise -
    Last edited by HongFire; 03-11-2010, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AngelsThesis
    replied
    yay merch sub forum~!

Leave a comment:

• Fenix
    replied
    Well to me photo section is not for photography but just to organize different photos kind of like the bragging thread right now. If no one is interested in photography then there'd be no posts on photography. If there's people interested then whoever is more experienced can talk about it. But in the end it's a place so that you can show off your own photos. Albums doesn't get much attention. When I just joined here, I use to post in the gallery section, but not I rarely visit the Merchandise section in gallery. So think of it this way, when you want to post picture of your collection or your latest haul, do you want it in your little album where you don't now if anyone will visit, or do you want to post it in a forum where people interested will talk about it. And that's what I see the photo sub forum really to be.

Reviews, yes that would be nice but you need to have enough people actually posting reviews for it to be useful. Reviewing the history in merchandise forum, I can see plentiful posts in a general discussion, tons of post that can belong to the pre-order, latest release section, certainly a handful of posts belongs to shop/deputy/purchase/help information section, and plenty of posts that can be categories into a generic photo section. However, the number of review posts (yes there are a few, really is very small). So why not have reviews just in the pre-order/latest release section with a different header tag? Now yes there's always the thinking of if you built it, they will come. But I'm skeptical on how many real/full review posts that will pop up just because you have a sub forum called reviews.

Leave a comment:

• theultimatebrucelee
    replied
    I think review section might be kinda cool, its nice to see what other people got, along with their pros and cons. if anything it doesn't hurt to just try everything out and see what works outs best, like the leveling system(which I think is the coolest system ever lol).

and maybe add a feedback section, for people with ideas on what they like and don't as well as suggestions.
    Last edited by theultimatebrucelee; 03-09-2010, 11:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryolo
    replied
    Beside myself and Fenix who are the more experience photographers here, there are few others who are trying their hands out with it. The last photography discussion was actually us trying to help someone who is asking for tips. Obviously me and Fenix would be more vocal since we have more experience at the subject than most. However it would most definitely not be only us doing the discussions.

The review section is not necessary because that all can be done in the release section. When you post what you got recently, it's just easy to put up a review there too. That's why I suggest tags to easier sort which item the post belong to. Also reviews of products can be put in just about everything. Normally i put a short review/description up with my photography posts.

Leave a comment:

• Drakron
    replied
    I do use Hongfire Gallery to host pictures that I am going to img tag on posts here, even if I also use TinyPic from time to time for not so "critical" image linking.

I also think the Album is fine, besides the only persons I seen actively talking about photography happens to be Ryolo and Fenix, it usually ends up being a exchange of those two without much input from anyone else, even if talking about how to take good pictures might be good for the Gallery Section (or Album) section a entire subforum about it would end up being "Ryolo and Fenix photo chat section", no offense but photography is not really something that is brought up here a lot.

Also we might want to have a review section since, honestly, that is the weakest aspect I seen on figurine collecting ... few people bother and considering the narrow window of opportunity to buy then before they end up out-of-stock its really something that would be of use (even if in my case chances would be of very late reviews but hey, they could still be in stock or having a re-issue later on) but I am unsure of how that world work, its something I think to would work better as integrated on the website (such as in blog system) that in the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Fenix
    replied
    Personally I think user album is fine for those that needed hosting. But obviously you do need a place to write about the photos and to discuss on photos. And I agree with ryolo that user album is not the ideal place for that. So while user album is still valuable for those that needed picture hosting. A sub forum probably still needed just for those who want to discuss/comment on the photos.

Shammy: ryolo's sub forum name got it all confused. If you look at the description you can see that ryolo's Latest Releases really kind of should just be merged in with the general Mechandise section where people just talk about what they got. On the other hand yes we should have a single place for things that are on pre-order and things that are available to order from shop already. So basically kind of a merchandise release sub forum may it be release in the future or already released.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X