Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dakimakura...Or hug pillows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dakimakura...Or hug pillows

    OK so I've spent a few hours searching all four of the internets for these elusive "dakimakura" (or human size pillows with anime girls on them) and I can't seen to find them anywhere. So do you know of any where to get them? It would be much appreciated.

    Ok thanks
    -Garman


  • I guess my buddy was right about there being several unwanted (actually they were probably too expensive) Shana makura's floating around. Now with the hype around the anime + you guys seems like it's a real popular item.

    I can give you an estimate for the shipping: 60-80 dollars. At least that's what I paid when I brought over a preordered makura to europe. It's the most expensive shipping I've paid for, but well, it's still cheaper than when I had to move part of my room, and it's going to cost a lot to bring all back to Tokyo. XD

    Comment


    • Hmmm, both of those won auctions milkmandan stated "chaosjapan ltd" as the winning bidder.
      If I remember correctly, isn't "chaosjapan ltd" also SMJ?

      edit: congratulations on your purchase btw. I envy you because Shana is <3.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Doom3k
        I guess my buddy was right about there being several unwanted (actually they were probably too expensive) Shana makura's floating around. Now with the hype around the anime + you guys seems like it's a real popular item.

        I can give you an estimate for the shipping: 60-80 dollars. At least that's what I paid when I brought over a preordered makura to europe. It's the most expensive shipping I've paid for, but well, it's still cheaper than when I had to move part of my room, and it's going to cost a lot to bring all back to Tokyo. XD
        yeah i guess you were right about the shana makuras. it seems that all the cheap ones are bought. the expensive priced makuras are always held off . although my auction had one guy on it, from the very beginning, i guess since the anime has developed its more popular and people want shana. its a hot item, i mean comon, who wouldn't want to hug shana to sleep >_<

        moving ITself is no joke
        but then again moving itself is a cost all together

        60-80 dollars that should be alright. considering how big it is...crap i have 3 makuras in SMJ hands. should i ask them to combine shipping? or should i ask them to ship it one item at a time?

        Originally posted by Saki
        Hmmm, both of those won auctions milkmandan stated "chaosjapan ltd" as the winning bidder.
        If I remember correctly, isn't "chaosjapan ltd" also SMJ?

        edit: congratulations on your purchase btw. I envy you because Shana is <3.
        the two links are posted are exactly the same, they both lead to the same auction O_O ahha and yes Choasjapan_ltd IS ShoppingMallJapan. They used to be chaos japan, something happend and they are now called SMJ. Oh well

        here is another shana makura auction i found, amazingly, there is a buyout. but its hella expensive.
        http://rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http...tion/m27562509 <- Looks like some other deputy service person is bidding on it gogo shana!

        who ever wants it, go right ahead and bid O_O not much time left

        ********
        well to conclude my buying spree, i've have gain my paycheck of $1,438.
        $600 of it will go to paying for allll the crap i've bought...
        since this is a makura thread, i am just gna post up pictures of all the makuras i have so far collected in a months time:
        Spoiler







        EDIT:
        Uhhh okay..this is really weird, this seller here: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e54616063
        is selling ANOTHER SHANA MAKURA, its almost like he's got hundreds of them up his sleeve! I just bought one from him! >_< hahah
        wow many many shana's out A shana for everyone!
        Last edited by milkmandan; 02-20-2006, 05:14 PM.

        Lolicious Network | Because all loli is delicious~
        My Figure Collection

        Comment


        • Originally posted by milkmandan
          btw Xaanin, how much did SMJ charge you for everything? if you can try to subtract your bid war fees so i can get an estimate as to how much i'll need to pay..for shipping and fees.
          They charged me $335 for the makura (excluding bid war fee of $10) and then $68 for shipping with EMS to Sweden. Btw, if you have your items stored in Japan be prepared that they might ship them without you requesting it. I was surprised when I recieved a shipping invoice yesterday for my makura.
          Last edited by Xaanin; 02-21-2006, 12:13 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Xaanin
            They charged me $335 for the makura (excluding bid war fee of $10) and then $68 for shipping with EMS to Sweden. Btw, if you have your items stored in Japan be prepared that they might ship them without you requesting it. I was surprised when I recieved a shipping invoice yesterday for my makura.
            Thanks i'll keep that in mind..although..

            SMJ works differently. Because I live in America they follow this system: They have a store house in Japan and a store house in America.
            My items are shipped to the store house in Japan from the seller. SMJ holds it, and then they use bulk shipping and ship the item (with like hundreds of other items) to their American warehouse. This way they, and me, save shipping across seas. Shipping within America is cheaper.

            Lolicious Network | Because all loli is delicious~
            My Figure Collection

            Comment


            • Originally posted by milkmandan
              Thanks i'll keep that in mind..although..

              SMJ works differently. Because I live in America they follow this system: They have a store house in Japan and a store house in America.
              My items are shipped to the store house in Japan from the seller. SMJ holds it, and then they use bulk shipping and ship the item (with like hundreds of other items) to their American warehouse. This way they, and me, save shipping across seas. Shipping within America is cheaper.
              I had a feeling you might be american, which is why I stated it was for shipping to Sweden from Japan. And I assume customs won't charge you an additional 25% VAT when they ship it to you either.

              Comment


              • A feeling eh Oh well.. congrats Xaanin we both have a Shana makura! when you get it, come back and tell me about it! >< cant wait for mine ><
                Last edited by milkmandan; 02-21-2006, 12:48 PM.

                Lolicious Network | Because all loli is delicious~
                My Figure Collection

                Comment


                • Originally posted by milkmandan
                  A feeling eh Do i stand out that much? >_< anyways i was born in America but my origins are in Asia. Anyways, kinda sucks that customs charges VAT fees 4 you.
                  Not really, it was more like "hmm... atleast half the people on english speaking forums appear to be from the US so milkman probably is too", and then after posting I saw your location info ^^
                  VAT charges indeed suck, but atleast SMJ appear to "miss" a 0 when they fill out the value of the items on the customs declaration ^^

                  Also, about the guy selling another shana makura, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people out there who stock on up on makuras they think might become popular, and then resell them when the price is right. Makuras seem to gain quite a bit in value over time ^^

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Xaanin
                    Not really, it was more like "hmm... atleast half the people on english speaking forums appear to be from the US so milkman probably is too", and then after posting I saw your location info ^^
                    VAT charges indeed suck, but atleast SMJ appear to "miss" a 0 when they fill out the value of the items on the customs declaration ^^

                    Also, about the guy selling another shana makura, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people out there who stock on up on makuras they think might become popular, and then resell them when the price is right. Makuras seem to gain quite a bit in value over time ^^
                    i think you are absolutly right, he is selling ANOTHER one, hes sold two so far, both at 30,000yen O_O :!! hes smart seller

                    Lolicious Network | Because all loli is delicious~
                    My Figure Collection

                    Comment


                    • That's actually not so rare. I've seen many sellers selling over 10 of the same makura, several months after release.

                      Sorry I was away for so long, I'm sure you're both going to be sleeping much better from now on. XD

                      Rhapsodia is such an addictive T-RPG...

                      Comment


                      • Ahahahahaha Doom3k you pretty much hit it i am getting better sleep

                        Originally posted by PowerMog
                        I WANT ONE OF THESE PILLOWS!!! GAAAH!
                        My pillow is going to be BELLDANDY ! HUAHUAHUA
                        search on Yahoo Japan Auctions for one.

                        the kanji you are looking for will probably be ああっ女神さまっ 抱き枕

                        ああっ女神さまっ - for: ah my goddess in japanese
                        抱き枕 - for: pillow (makura) in japanese

                        careful powermog~ i've fallen into the makura obssession and spent over 600 dollars in 1 month on my otaku needs

                        well i've taken the liberty and found you some:
                        here they are...

                        http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n29418658
                        - Double sided (Belldandy in bathing suit, Belldandy in normal clothing) 45x90cm
                        - 13,000 YEN - 2 days left - No bidders

                        http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m26070822
                        - Double sided (half naked Belldandy, with gentials showing, and half naked Skuld, with genitals showing) size unknown
                        - 19,500 YEN - 24+ hours left - 1 bidder
                        Last edited by milkmandan; 02-24-2006, 05:07 PM.

                        Lolicious Network | Because all loli is delicious~
                        My Figure Collection

                        Comment


                        • I WANT ONE OF THESE PILLOWS!!! GAAAH!
                          My pillow is going to be BELLDANDY ! HUAHUAHUA

                          Comment


                          • I was playing a game called Lunar Dragon Song and on the game your job is delivering items and one of the items is a hugging pillow:biggrin:

                            Comment


                            • http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m26070822

                              That makura was released by Dakimakuma over a year and a half ago, it's VERY rare, it was selling for over 60 000 for a while, and one of my friends almost had to sell half of his organs to buy it.

                              I missed the chance as it was definitely too pricey for me. But I DID get the Da Capo (asakura nemu)/With You (itou moemi) cover in time, which is my favorite cover they've done so far. I must have linked to pics a while back as I'm so proud of this one (I have the clear ver.). Both versions of that makura are equally rare only more people have stocked on it thinking of selling them later so they aren't quite as rare or expensive (around 25 000- 35 000 I'd think).

                              Oh and size is not unknown, it's a mighty 170x50cm double sided makura cover (Aa megami sama and da capo/with you). Original prices were 20 000 and 15 000 IIRC. I could be wrong about the Aa Megami Sama as I didn't see it in time back then, I just believe it was more expensive.
                              Last edited by Doom3k; 02-25-2006, 07:34 PM.

                              Comment


                              • oh dear god. I have an auction that is 14 days old, and my deputy service, SMJ has STILL not recieved a bill from the seller.

                                This is so gay, i do not want to lose my Shana makura (8 days) or my official AIR makura (14 days) ><

                                Anyone else ever experience SLOW ASS Japanaese sellers?

                                Xaanin, how long did it take before you got your invoice from SMJ? How many days after winning the auction?

                                Lolicious Network | Because all loli is delicious~
                                My Figure Collection

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X