Dakimakura...Or hug pillows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakimakura...Or hug pillows

OK so I've spent a few hours searching all four of the internets for these elusive "dakimakura" (or human size pillows with anime girls on them) and I can't seen to find them anywhere. So do you know of any where to get them? It would be much appreciated.

Ok thanks
    -Garman

Originally posted by hwillis8
    There's one for Kuga.....Awesome....Thanks alot....lol
    Oh yeah and it's pure goodness, I missed it, I might buy it on auctions when I get back to Tokyo.

It's price hasn't really increased, it's double sided, and official!

EDIT: that Mahoro one is likely old, I remember there used to be loads of them when I started buying makura, now they seem uncommon, both in stores and auctions. Might come back one of these days though.
    Last edited by Doom3k; 01-20-2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I got the onegai twins from ebay or i also found them once on www.houseofanime.com so try around look under misc
      I have one from onegai teacher
      i know houseofanime had them and they were from georgia
      Last edited by Limesaber; 01-20-2006, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Hey doom, do u have a pic of the Kuga one?

Comment

HEY LOOOL

Believe it or not today I changed my sheets and put on that cover of Mizuho, they're actually from Onegai Twins, they were Sega UFO items. There's one for Miina (orange) (my fav) and Karen (green) too. They were originally cheap but I've been told on auctions the prices have gone up (something like 3000 yen or so for each).

Here's the link to the My-HiME makura's.

http://www.hobbyjapan.co.jp/my-hime/

Hobbyjapan produces several official ones, for series such as Tsukuyomi and Kaleidostar too (and Izumi from He is My Master is their most recent one). I'm confident they'll do at least on for Otome, most likely a Arika one first.
          Last edited by Doom3k; 01-20-2006, 04:05 PM.

Comment

really the price is worth more? cool I will never sell mine lol do you have the same one as me i think mine is rare because i've seen the karen one and mina alot but not Mizuho
            I got her from someone on ebay.
            3000 seams like alot now cool.

Comment

so basically the only way to get these pillows is through auction?
              this isn't a problem for me, cuz i've been using www.shoppingmalljapan.com for my stuff for a long time and i like their service..

doom3k, you wouldn't mind help me out search/find some pillows for me ? i'll msg ya you seem to be very experienced in pillow buying...

if i were to search for a pillow on yahoo auctions or even a website, what is the japanese kanji/katakana for it? i am particularily looking for some AIR ones..and maybe some other kinds in the future.

Lolicious Network | Because all loli is delicious~
              My Figure Collection

Comment

Originally posted by milkmandan
                doom3k, you wouldn't mind help me out search/find some pillows for me ? i'll msg ya you seem to be very experienced in pillow buying...

if i were to search for a pillow on yahoo auctions or even a website, what is the japanese kanji/katakana for it? i am particularily looking for some AIR ones..and maybe some other kinds in the future.
                The kanji you want is 抱き枕。

I did a search on Yahoo Japan Auctions, but couldn't find any AIR ones though =(

Comment

If you're going to look at the auctions, better be warned that everything sells for more than they would on websites if you preorder them (actually most of them are only available on preorder, meaning they take in all the orders and produce just enough. An example would be most of HobbyJapan's makura's (like the My-HiME makura's) they were originally sold for 15000, at on auctions usually sell around 18000-22000.

You can check the makura news on www.sasami.com/makura also try finding your favorite circles if you're going into doujin ones.

Last tip, on auctions maybe you will want to try just makura (not dakimakura): (for some reason hongfire doesn't let my japanese characters show, maybe it's because I'm on my mac right now). Anyway just copy and past the third character in Xaanin's message. It's the kanji for makura.

They are extremely expensive to ship outside of Japan, I've been importingthem while being abroad since I have no choice, I also get covers for them (which protects them from dust, and will protect them on their way back to Tokyo).

Xaanin>>> Love your avatar (Rin... Rin XD). Actually their are some Air ones, one official, maybe more. It was a big release back then (I think a year and a half ago) should be around in some stores, if not auctions will definitely have it up eventually.
                  Last edited by Doom3k; 01-22-2006, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom3k
                    If you're going to look at the auctions, better be warned that everything sells for more than they would on websites if you preorder them (actually most of them are only available on preorder, meaning they take in all the orders and produce just enough. An example would be most of HobbyJapan's makura's (like the My-HiME makura's) they were originally sold for 15000, at on auctions usually sell around 18000-22000.

You can check the makura news on www.sasami.com/makura also try finding your favorite circles if you're going into doujin ones.

Last tip, on auctions maybe you will want to try just makura (not dakimakura): (for some reason hongfire doesn't let my japanese characters show, maybe it's because I'm on my mac right now). Anyway just copy and past the third character in Xaanin's message. It's the kanji for makura.

They are extremely expensive to ship outside of Japan, I've been importingthem while being abroad since I have no choice, I also get covers for them (which protects them from dust, and will protect them on their way back to Tokyo).

Xaanin>>> Love your avatar (Rin... Rin XD). Actually their are some Air ones, one official, maybe more. It was a big release back then (I think a year and a half ago) should be around in some stores, if not auctions will definitely have it up eventually.
                    Yeah i am aware that auctions cost more, but money for me isn't really an issue, as a college student, i make more than enuff to support my greed needs and way more.

Doom3k, you said you found some AIR ones? i searched as well, but didn't find anything. (maybe i wasn't looking hard enuff) could you show me a link to some of the AIR links you found?

Oh yeah i am also looking for a potato plushie wanna help me with the kanji for that? thanks hahaha

i've been trying yahoo japan auctions but i dont know the correct japanese spelling or kanji so that yahoo auctions will give me the correct listings. can someone who knows japanese or anything help me find a plushie on yahoo japan auctions or any other place? please?

So far the only words i can dig out from the website are:

ポテトのぬいぐるみ potato
                    ぷろとん君ぬいぐるみ puroton-kun

yeeah
                    Last edited by milkmandan; 01-23-2006, 04:05 PM.

My Figure Collection

Comment

Nuigurumi is what your looking for. Sorry but as mentionned above hongfire doesn't like my japanese typing on this Mac. Anything I type or copy and paste ends up a question mark.

I don't have any links to Air makura's, but I know that there are several that have been released in the past (and at least one was official). I'll try to find images of it later if I can.

You might be surprised but there are makura's of even the less popular stuff, Shakugan no Shana has a makura way before the anime was even planned, Jinki Extend which isn't the biggest anime, has had over 5 official makura (and covers) made too (I bought the Kisaka Rui one XD).

IMO saving money makes one greedier. Better spend it especially when you've got hobbies. :')

EDIT: browsing through yahoo auctions I found these (these auctions are over though): first one is the big official one (second is a megami official one)

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r17160163
                      http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n24233339

Here's what it looks like brand new vacuum sealed:
                      http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e50361269

There's more, just try searching around yahoo or google japan. Not sure you'll find any outside of auctions though. :/
                      Last edited by Doom3k; 01-23-2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

there are pillows for Shakugan no Shana? REALLY? omg i wouldn't mind having one of those..you think you could help me find some of those as well??? ><

btw the auctions for the following AIR ones you listed are over, people got em...
                        but i'll take the kanji and hopefully find my own

My Figure Collection

Comment

Actually I wrote in the post above that those auctions were over. ^^

Sorry, if I had found some on ongoing auctions I would have linked them to you. Just try Air makura (kanji) regularly and they'll come back up. Seems like there haven't been any this month, but in the past months there were several sold. Also they don't seem to sell for a lot (could be less than original price in fact).

I remember this Shakugan no Shana makura, I'll search for pics later, sorry but your chances of finding it on auctions are slim, it's over a year (maybe a year and a half) old. IIRC it was one sided, about 120X50cm or smaller, but very kawaii.

EDIT: Found only ONE auction for it in the last three months:
                          http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f37871382
                          Last edited by Doom3k; 01-24-2006, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Looks interesting
                            Finally, what are the simpliest sites for anyone who can't read nor write japanese (except simple kanjis copy/paste of course) to purchase one of those? Thanks in advance

Comment

thanks doom3k, i guess i'll just use the kanji to do searches throughout the months, maybe i'll get lucky...

My Figure Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Doom3k
                                Shakugan no Shana has a makura
                                Guess that means I'll be starving for the next few months... oh well, lets hope one turns up on auction sometime soon ^^
                                Last edited by Xaanin; 01-24-2006, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X