Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senran Kagura Ninja Flash EU and US release question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Senran Kagura Ninja Flash EU and US release question

    Hello,

    I'm tired of waiting for Senran Kagura Ninja Flash release in EU =x I know there is a German version, but... I don't understand a freaking bit of German. Does anyone know if a EU release is planed?

    Also, the US version on amazon US apparently is an All Regions version, but, it doesn't include the 6 OVA's >_> and we're all here for the bewbs... so, that's kinda a letdown, STILL! I'm willing to buy it someone confirms me it works everywhere.

    Also, the Aussie version just got released, and has the 6 OVA's >_> so, this makes me think manga uk or something will release this in the near future... I dunno what to do, EU can't read Aussie DVD's =< unless this one is region free?!

    Hope someone helps,
    Thank you

    Primus

  • #2
    U.S Version doesn't have the OVA's, but you can just as easily download them off Nyaa. So long as you have a DVD player, it should work. ('w')b

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dalam View Post
      U.S Version doesn't have the OVA's, but you can just as easily download them off Nyaa. So long as you have a DVD player, it should work. ('w')b
      Are the OVAs filled with fan service, or do you think the main episodes are good enough for that?
      I love Senran Kagura, but still haven't seen the anime, at least, I would buy it for collection, but not having the 6 OVA's, the collectionist inside me is having issues...

      Comment


      • #4
        Considering the current state of play at manga UK with two of their staff leaving to create their own company, and since kaze has the license in Germany they might have all the marbles when it comes to a general English language version (which considering their reputation in the UK with botched releases is not likely to go well).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by demonix00 View Post
          Considering the current state of play at manga UK with two of their staff leaving to create their own company, and since kaze has the license in Germany they might have all the marbles when it comes to a general English language version (which considering their reputation in the UK with botched releases is not likely to go well).
          Meaning? (didn't got your point)

          Comment


          • #6
            The OVA's wouldn't likely be dubbed anyway, so you can just get them from Nyaa right now, while they're still seeded.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm surprise Funimation would not include the extras.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dalam View Post
                The OVA's wouldn't likely be dubbed anyway, so you can just get them from Nyaa right now, while they're still seeded.
                Downloading at the moment... I mean, it really bothers me no having these OVA's as a physical release, but since it's the only way >_> gonna try and make a DVD cover out of it, so it stands nicely on my shelf...

                Buying the Funimation release right now. If I get a full release in EU from someone with all the OVA's I'll just buy it again...
                Thanks for the heads up!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Primus View Post
                  Meaning? (didn't got your point)
                  Manga UK haven't made any announcements recently, so they're unlikely to be getting this until they've filled the two holes in their staff (one of those holes is from acquisitions) and like kaze (who have been botching a majority (the English bakuman season 1 collection is an extreme example of this since the subtitles were a google translate job) of their releases) most of their recent releases have faults that shouldn't have happened, so even if it was licensed by manga UK or already licensed by kaze the quality would either be poor or horrendous.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by demonix00 View Post
                    Manga UK haven't made any announcements recently, so they're unlikely to be getting this until they've filled the two holes in their staff (one of those holes is from acquisitions) and like kaze (who have been botching a majority (the English bakuman season 1 collection is an extreme example of this since the subtitles were a google translate job) of their releases) most of their recent releases have faults that shouldn't have happened, so even if it was licensed by manga UK or already licensed by kaze the quality would either be poor or horrendous.
                    My major problem here is that I won't get the OVA's in a physical format =x thanks for that explanation!
                    Gonna import the US version.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Funi didn't actually get the license to the OVA's, only the series, which is what they put out in a statement.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just wanna let you guys know that, the Australian Blu-Ray (only Blu-Ray) releases works on European Blu-Rays, because, I didn't know this but, Blu-Ray only has 3 regions, DVD has a crap ton of more regions, and AU/EU are in the same region, B...

                        With that said, the Australian release includes all the OVA's and extra materials, with basically the same price as the US version (you just don't get the DVD's, and if you did, they wouldn't work in EU).

                        I still got on time to cancel me AmazonUS order, the aussie publisher sent me an e-mail with answers to my questions on time =p so yeah, gonna have the OVA's! ^_^

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Congrats >=]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If manga UK ever got the license, they wouldn't be releasing it on blu-ray since two series they announced a few months ago that would be blu-ray only (because it would cost more to release on DVD since they have to create their own PAL masters as required by their parent company since the Australian licensor holders have started using the original NTSC masters for their releases) have now been changed to be DVD only which is now likely to be their final swan song.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by demonix00 View Post
                              If manga UK ever got the license, they wouldn't be releasing it on blu-ray since two series they announced a few months ago that would be blu-ray only (because it would cost more to release on DVD since they have to create their own PAL masters as required by their parent company since the Australian licensor holders have started using the original NTSC masters for their releases) have now been changed to be DVD only which is now likely to be their final swan song.
                              So, now who's gonna replace MangaUK? I need Hyperdimension Neptunia's Animation in Europe! >_>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X