My two new Dakimakuras just came in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two new Dakimakuras just came in

I ordered Aiko the one on the left back in November and Olga back in late December/January. They have finally arrived

Here they are...NSFW
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

So I've decided I won't make a brand new thread and I will just show everything I got today plus what I have gotten before.

My new dakimakura haul!

My first two covers

Here is a link to some merchandise I got from Animethon in Canada last year.

I also have Irenka but I don't have pics of it
    Last edited by strike18; 05-25-2015, 08:40 PM.

Originally posted by JAHT View Post
    Seems like a theme with you. (^-^)

Do you have pics of your entire collection uploaded somewhere?
    I thought I had pictures of my Asuka and Kurumi covers...but I have no idea where the hell they went lol. Right now it seems the only ones I got are the two linked in the original post. I have 4 more coming including the one I just got from the auction I mentioned earlier. I will take some pictures when they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by strike18 View Post
      I thought I had pictures of my Asuka and Kurumi covers...but I have no idea where the hell they went lol. Right now it seems the only ones I got are the two linked in the original post. I have 4 more coming including the one I just got from the auction I mentioned earlier. I will take some pictures when they arrive.
      I'll see them in this area then, I presume?

I only have one. (._. )
      Last edited by JAHT; 04-28-2015, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I'll see them in this atea the, I presume?
        No idea what you meant by that? Typo I'm presuming.

Also I got into the hobby around September of last year. Now I will soon have 8 dakimakura covers lol. By the way what kind of pillow do you use for your dakimakura cover?(Also what size is it?)

Comment

No idea what you meant by that? Typo I'm presuming.

Also I got into the hobby around September of last year. Now I will soon have 8 dakimakura covers lol. By the way what kind of pillow do you use for your dakimakura cover?(Also what size is it?)
          Yeah a typo, now corrected. It's "area".

Well, I simply can't afford any more, it's not like I don't want more. I use a 150cmx50cm pillow filled with cotton, nothing special. Did you try different kinds of pillows? Any recommandations you could make?

Comment

Yeah a typo, now corrected. It's "area".

Well, I simply can't afford any more, it's not like I don't want more. I use a 150cmx50cm pillow filled with cotton, nothing special. Did you try different kinds of pillows? Any recommandations you could make?
            Yeah I will post it in this area, what I am thinking of doing is making a new post here in merchandise and I will just update it with all the new and current covers I have. As well as answer and questions people may have. Will see.

I had someone help me out a while ago who recommended me this exact pillow here. I ended up getting it and it is the pillow is use for all my covers. This is what I would also recommend to anyone looking for a pillow.

Thing is this is a pretty expensive thing to get because you will need a proxy and shipping will hurt. It will cost around $150-200 in total for just the pillow itself(including proxy and shipping). The pillow feels like memory foam but better, I don't really know how else to explain it other than saying that I can't sleep without it anymore because of how comfortable and extremely soft it is. Plus if you get a good 2WT cover it feels like sleeping with silk it's so smooth and soft. The pillow is 160x50cm, that is pretty much the average dimensions for any Japanese dakimakura cover. Their are some that come 150x50cm though but are not as common.

I can't really recommend anything else as I haven't tried out the others. I already plan on getting a second pillow as well actually. Anyways I hope this helps in some way, I know first hand that this can be pretty expensive so I understand if it puts anyone off. I just happened to jump for it and here I am now lol.

Comment

Yeah I will post it in this area, what I am thinking of doing is making a new post here in merchandise and I will just update it with all the new and current covers I have. As well as answer and questions people may have. Will see.

I had someone help me out a while ago who recommended me this exact pillow here. I ended up getting it and it is the pillow is use for all my covers. This is what I would also recommend to anyone looking for a pillow.

Thing is this is a pretty expensive thing to get because you will need a proxy and shipping will hurt. It will cost around $150-200 in total for just the pillow itself(including proxy and shipping). The pillow feels like memory foam but better, I don't really know how else to explain it other than saying that I can't sleep without it anymore because of how comfortable and extremely soft it is. Plus if you get a good 2WT cover it feels like sleeping with silk it's so smooth and soft. The pillow is 160x50cm, that is pretty much the average dimensions for any Japanese dakimakura cover. Their are some that come 150x50cm though but are not as common.

I can't really recommend anything else as I haven't tried out the others. I already plan on getting a second pillow as well actually. Anyways I hope this helps in some way, I know first hand that this can be pretty expensive so I understand if it puts anyone off. I just happened to jump for it and here I am now lol.
              Thanks for all the info. Problem is, my cover is 50cmx150cm but since this one is made by the some company, I presume it's of comparable quality?

My only daki is peach skin by the way. If you haven't seen it yet I'm pictured with it in my profile pic.

And yeah, the problem is not that it's expensive per se. It's that I don't have any source of income right now. I haven't bought anything except food for the past months.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Problem is, my cover is 50cmx150cm but since this one is made by the some company, I presume it's of comparable quality?

My only daki is peach skin by the way. If you haven't seen it yet I'm pictured with it in my profile pic.

And yeah, the problem is not that it's expensive per se. It's that I don't have any source of income right now. I haven't bought anything except food for the past months.
                Yeah that 150x50cm pillow is the exact same thing just different dimensions. If you want to get into dakis I would recommend the 160x50cm one as that is what most covers come in. I would just keep the peach skin on the cotton pillow. It's not worth it to put such a low grade material on something so high grade. That is where 2WT comes in ^^

Once you feel 2WT you will know what I mean, shit doesn't even compare.

In the end it's all up to you though

Comment

Okay, I've a query.

So I was browsing this site and came across this page:

http://www.animedakimakurapillow.com...ade-dakimakura

Can you please tell me what is the difference between: Peach Skin, Japanese Textile, Natural Velvet and Two Way Tricot. IS there significant difference between the fabrics because there sure is a lot of difference in pricing.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by DTCUT View Post
                    Okay, I've a query.

So I was browsing this site and came across this page:

http://www.animedakimakurapillow.com...ade-dakimakura

Can you please tell me what is the difference between: Peach Skin, Japanese Textile, Natural Velvet and Two Way Tricot. IS there significant difference between the fabrics because there sure is a lot of difference in pricing.

Thanks for your help!

First off that is a bootleg site. Second there are pretty huge differences in the quality of the materials used to make the cover. That is why the pricing is different as well. Thing is with bootlegs the 2WT they use is usually low grade 2WT.(still way better than peach skin and the others though) Real covers that are not bootlegs usually all come in high quality 2WT and feel amazing. I don't buy any bootlegs and I don't recommend anyone else does either but that is up to you. These sites just rip artwork off of other legitimate sources and use them on their shitty covers.

If the site is in English it's almost always a Bootlegger.

Comment

If the site is in English it's almost always a Bootlegger.
                      This site as well? (;~
                      http://furrydakimakura.com/
                      It's seemingly the only one that sells the dakis I want...
                      Last edited by JAHT; 04-29-2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

This site as well? (;~
                        http://furrydakimakura.com/
                        It's seemingly the only one that sells the dakis I want...
                        I am pretty sure it is sadly...another thing about bootlegs vs legit is no one that is selling legit covers is even going to offer "Peach Skin" or "Peach Fuzz" it's always 2WT if it's a dakimakura cover. But again it's up to you I just don't recommend it. I'm not into Furries myself so I don't know what the legit market is like for them at all and what kind of covers are out there for them as well.

Comment

I am pretty sure it is sadly...another thing about bootlegs vs legit is no one that is selling legit covers is even going to offer "Peach Skin" or "Peach Fuzz" it's always 2WT if it's a dakimakura cover. But again it's up to you I just don't recommend it. I'm not into Furries myself so I don't know what the legit market is like for them at all and what kind of covers are out there for them as well.
                          Err, but the store offer 2WT? Granted they didn't back when I ordered mine because the store is relativly new and they didn't wanted to take the financial risk too soon, because they did not know yet if the store would work.
                          All the illustrations are specifically done for the store though, some of the artist link to it from their own site.

So what actually is a bootleg store? All these illustrations are done by the creators of the characters themselves, after all.

Comment

Err, but the store offer 2WT? Granted they didn't back when I ordered mine because the store is relativly new and they didn't wanted to take the financial risk too soon, because they did not know yet if the store would work.
                            All the illustrations are specifically done for the store though, some of the artist link to it from their own site.

So what actually is a bootleg store? All these illustrations are done by the creators of the characters themselves, after all.
                            If it's true that they are hiring the artist themselves or the artist are letting them use their work than no it wouldn't be bootleg. I didn't see that on the site but from what you say it sounds like I was wrong(which is a good thing haha). Only thing is I don't know how good their 2WT is but either way it's a great material and if you want one of their covers I would go with that. It's worth the extra money.

A bootleg store is one that takes/rips other artists work and puts it on their own site to print with shitty material for cheaper. Though I do know for a fact that the one DTCUT linked is a bootlegger.
                            Last edited by strike18; 04-29-2015, 08:06 AM.

Comment

If it's true that they are hiring the artist themselves or the artist are letting them use their work than no it wouldn't be bootleg. I didn't see that on the site but from what you say it sounds like I was wrong(which is a good thing haha). Only thing is I don't know how good their 2WT is but either way it's a great material and if you want one of their covers I would go with that. It's worth the extra money.

A bootleg store is one that takes/rips other artists work and puts it on their own site to print with shitty material for cheaper. Though I do know for a fact that the one DTCUT linked is a bootlegger.
                              I don't know how good their material is either since I don't have anything to compare it to. They claim they get theirs the same ways that Japan gets theirs though: Contracual manufactured in Hongkong. From what I can tell mine does not make a particulary cheap impression and has lasted fine with no signs of wear yet.

And yeah, the artist that drew mine advertises the dakimakuras at his homepage and they all feature his signature. I actually want to buy the one I have again as a 2WT. Guess I'll just keep the older one then, who would buy a used dakimakura?

By the way: One of my dreams is commissioning the artist of one of my favorites characters for a dakimakura cover. Since I then legally own the drawing as long as I give credit, requesting one of those custom dakimakuras would not be illegal, right?
                              Last edited by JAHT; 04-29-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I don't know how good their material is either since I don't have anything to compare it to. They claim they get theirs the same ways that Japan gets theirs though: Contracual manufactured in Hongkong. From what I can tell mine does not make a particulary cheap impression and has lasted fine with no signs of wear yet.

And yeah, the artist that drew mine advertises the dakimakuras at his homepage and they all feature his signature. I actually want to buy the one I have again as a 2WT. Guess I'll just keep the older one then, who would buy a used dakimakura?

By the way: One of my dreams is commissioning the artist of one of my favorites characters for a dakimakura cover. Since I then legally own the drawing as long as I give credit, requesting one of those custom dakimakuras would not be illegal, right?
                                First off no one really buys used dakimakura for obvious reasons. Unless the package was just opened and the cover is still unused.

It would depend on the deal you make with the artist and what he wants to do with his commissions ect. Usually when you commission an artist to make a dakimakura cover you can just get it printed through a company of your choice and everything should be fine(that is why you commissioned the artist in the first place in said situation). Only problem is finding the company to print the cover art you commissioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X