Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a question about buying figures on Amazon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just a question about buying figures on Amazon

    This is my first time buying a figure, but I'm just wondering how to know if a seller is reliable and the merchandise is official? From the feedback I've seen this seller looks pretty good and trustworthy, but I'm not an expert on these things. It's also "long sold out" on Hobby Search at least, so I do wonder if they could be selling cheap knockoffs. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2WDB1LRIQ91T2

  • #2
    At a quick glance at the shipping information, it looks like the seller is based in Japan and the figure is most likely to be authentic considering the price that is being charged in under twice the original price of the figure (counterfeit figures will always be lower then the actual price).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by demonix00 View Post
      At a quick glance at the shipping information, it looks like the seller is based in Japan and the figure is most likely to be authentic considering the price that is being charged in under twice the original price of the figure (counterfeit figures will always be lower then the actual price).
      Cool, thanks for the info, I'm probably just being paranoid. I saw it weirdly on Japanese Amazon for a ridiculously high price though, which made me wonder if it was official, but I guess that must be a collectible version of it or something.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sometimes prices for certain figures will shoot up for one reason or another after they've sold out (the prices can also fall if a large amount of stock is still available), but you can go to somewhere like my figure collection which lists the original list price of the figure and if there's fakes of it available along with pictures of said fakes.

        The rule of thumb mainly when purchasing from eBay is if the seller is based in Japan, then the likelihood that the figure is genuine is really high so the same should be true for amazon marketplace sellers (there's a club on MFC that deals with fakes and also lists all known fake sellers on eBay and there does seem to be some info in that club about known and suspected fake sellers on amazon).

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, this is the figure I'm talking about, found it on the American site too http://www.amazon.com/Maid-Bride-Yuk...213YM33WEFF9S9

          Just strange how it's so overpriced yet you can get it cheaper elsewhere on Amazon. Couldn't find this figure on My Figure Collection btw.

          Comment


          • #6
            That Amazon listing for $700+ has to be a typo. That figure is not worth anywhere near that. I feel sorry for anybody who gets suckered into paying that much.

            Anyway, here's the MFC listing for Yuki - http://myfigurecollection.net/item/42386

            Also, did a quick search on Mandarake for you. They have her for 7000 yen(about $57 at current conversion rate), which is a decent amount cheaper than the Amazon listing you initially linked, even if you used EMS shipping - http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/d...22404&ref=list
            Last edited by gigan22; 06-05-2015, 12:43 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gigan22 View Post
              That Amazon listing for $700+ has to be a typo. That figure is not worth anywhere near that. I feel sorry for anybody who gets suckered into paying that much.

              Anyway, here's the MFC listing for Yuki - http://myfigurecollection.net/item/42386

              Also, did a quick search on Mandarake for you. They have her for 7000 yen(about $57 at current conversion rate), which is a decent amount cheaper than the Amazon listing you initially linked, even if you used EMS shipping - http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/d...22404&ref=list
              Ah nice! Thanks for the link, that is a lot cheaper, this website looks great too.

              [edit] does say something about the box being damaged, I suppose that shouldn't effect the figure though.
              Last edited by Sigh; 06-06-2015, 12:42 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                if you're collector damaged box is no-no
                if you're planning to put figure in display and maybe even dispose of the box then it's a good deal
                名はその存在を示すのだ ならばもしそれが偽りだったとしたら
                それが偽りだとしたら それはその存在その者も偽り
                ということになるのかな ネオ、いや ムウ・ラ・フラガ

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by juvestriker View Post
                  if you're collector damaged box is no-no
                  if you're planning to put figure in display and maybe even dispose of the box then it's a good deal
                  Just arrived today, bought it from Amazon in the end, great condition and surpisingly detailed for such a cheap figure. And no, just wanted it as a cute desk ornament :3

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X