Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get the entire Queen Blade DVD's at a decent price?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get the entire Queen Blade DVD's at a decent price?

Hey there, so, I'm trying to get the entire Queen's Blade Collection, but... since I'm in EU, I don't know many stores with the DVD's (since the series wasn't released over here).

So, my preference would be Australian Blu-Ray (It works on EU Blu-Ray), other than that, it can only be in DVD format.

So, this is what I want:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Queens...omplete-Series

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Queens...ete-Series-Hyb

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Queens...ection-Hyb-CDs

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Queens...Collection-Hyb

Hope someone can help =x
    I know that 110€ or so it's not that much for the amount of content I'm getting, but, if someone knows any place, or recommend me to buy from RightStuff, please, tell me so.
    (Also, PayPal checkout would be great!)

Thanks!

Primus

I've done the rounds, and it doesn't look like there was an Australian blu-ray release for Queen's Blade and it looks like the exiled virgin and the evil eye series are going out of print (because media blasters obviously) so I would suggest that you get your hands on them from rightstuf as quickly as possible since they have stock.

Also, if you want to get the third and forth series on blu-ray there shouldn't be any issues with region coding since sentai blu-ray releases were a bit lax with region locking where you can manually select titles from the locking screen up until the end of 2014 and even after that, if you had a blu-ray player that has a country code selection or a PS3 or PS4 you wouldn't have to worry about region locking as long as the aforementioned country code is set to the US since at the start of 2015 they started using geo locking with no region locking at all.

Comment

Originally posted by demonix00 View Post
      I've done the rounds, and it doesn't look like there was an Australian blu-ray release for Queen's Blade and it looks like the exiled virgin and the evil eye series are going out of print (because media blasters obviously) so I would suggest that you get your hands on them from rightstuf as quickly as possible since they have stock.

Also, if you want to get the third and forth series on blu-ray there shouldn't be any issues with region coding since sentai blu-ray releases were a bit lax with region locking where you can manually select titles from the locking screen up until the end of 2014 and even after that, if you had a blu-ray player that has a country code selection or a PS3 or PS4 you wouldn't have to worry about region locking as long as the aforementioned country code is set to the US since at the start of 2015 they started using geo locking with no region locking at all.
      Hmm, thanks for the tip, but, not gonna risk it ^^ at least with DVD's I can play on my PC.

So, what exactly happened with Media Blasters? Also, gonna order the entire collection then, from RightStuff, thanks for the heads-up.
      Also, as far as I know, my selection includes all the releases this series had, right?

Comment

how bout bootlegs?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post
          Hmm, thanks for the tip, but, not gonna risk it ^^ at least with DVD's I can play on my PC.

So, what exactly happened with Media Blasters? Also, gonna order the entire collection then, from RightStuff, thanks for the heads-up.
          Also, as far as I know, my selection includes all the releases this series had, right?
          There isn't going to be any risk on the region coding for the sentai blu-rays since even though I've got a multi region blu-ray player (I ended up getting one after the manga entertainment blu-ray release cancellation shitstorm that happened a few years back) I've verified a majority of what I have (a few are geo locked and work on zone B settings since the country code of my player is set to the US by default), but if you want all the sets to be in the same format then it doesn't matter since the blu-rays for the media blasters releases have been out of print for a while (it's pretty much what they normally do since they've already let the licenses for some of their older releases lapse and with everything else they seem to only do limited runs for any blu-ray releases, and they seem to be going down the path of badness in their recent releases)

Originally posted by Abicion View Post
          how bout bootlegs?
          How about no since we should be supporting the industry and not buying poor quality crap.

Comment

There's no such thing as a "decent price" for anime DVD's. Try tokyotosho.

If you truly want to support the industry, mail the anime studio a check. That way you don't have to go through the middlemen distributors who bag 2/3 of the sales revenue anyway.
            Last edited by Hayeate; 11-20-2015, 08:11 PM.
            When reading my posts, please imagine hearing them in Norio Wakamoto's Kaneto Shiozawa's voice.

Comment

Originally posted by demonix00 View Post
              There isn't going to be any risk on the region coding for the sentai blu-rays since even though I've got a multi region blu-ray player (I ended up getting one after the manga entertainment blu-ray release cancellation shitstorm that happened a few years back) I've verified a majority of what I have (a few are geo locked and work on zone B settings since the country code of my player is set to the US by default), but if you want all the sets to be in the same format then it doesn't matter since the blu-rays for the media blasters releases have been out of print for a while (it's pretty much what they normally do since they've already let the licenses for some of their older releases lapse and with everything else they seem to only do limited runs for any blu-ray releases, and they seem to be going down the path of badness in their recent releases)

How about no since we should be supporting the industry and not buying poor quality crap.
              I ordered the entire DVD collection =) yes, all in the same format seems better to me.
              Also, whenever I can have the original version, I get the original versions =x I don't have a single bootleg in my collection.

Comment

Working...
              X