Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on you room?

show whats on your room!
    i think my collection is worth about 20000 dollars maybe higher.
    here are some pics of my room and collection.
    Pls post some photos of your room too.

close up pics of figures, go to here>>>ALBUM

There is help for you. Just leave the room behind and step outside.

There is a such thing as overdone and you have EXCEEDED that.

Honestly I know I collect things as well but that is limited to one shelf. If that collection is indeed worth 20 grand, you could buy a new car, or pay yours off or even make a down payment on a home. if you are not yet old enough to drive or live alone you could have saved it for college or towards your new car or home when you get old enough. I have been asked what I will do with my collection in 20 years and I answered I don't know. Most likely will get thrown out piece by piece as it deteriorates and gets old till none of it is left.

Yep all theses collections we have amount to nothing but money thrown away as we and they get older.

Oh and title would make more sense if it read "What is in your room".

I am not really trying to put you or you hobby down here. Like I said, I collect as well. But there is this thing called moderation.
    Last edited by solarenemy; 01-08-2012, 11:15 AM.
    “If Apple made a car would it have windows?"

Comment

That is a nice set up you have there. I also like the placement of the tv. I also really like the way you set up Black★Rock Shooter.
      HF-TypeMoon #4, (UnO)HF-DOA#64
      sigpic

Comment

It's Erio ^^. That is a nice room, I like the setup as well

Comment

I'm envious of your figure collection.

Though most of the value in my room is in electronics. If you go by the original prices of just the computers in here, I have several thousand dollars in it (I didn't buy most of them, most I actually got for free). The older computers were probably worth more than a thousand dollars each when they came out.

I have thousands of dollars in books too. As such, my dream dwelling will have a large library in it, 'cause I never plan to get rid of my books.
          Do I need to say anything?
          [/URL]
          I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

Originally posted by solarenemy View Post
            There is help for you. Just leave the room behind and step outside.

There is a such thing as overdone and you have EXCEEDED that.

Honestly I know I collect things as well but that is limited to one shelf. If that collection is indeed worth 20 grand, you could buy a new car, or pay yours off or even make a down payment on a home. if you are not yet old enough to drive or live alone you could have saved it for college or towards your new car or home when you get old enough. I have been asked what I will do with my collection in 20 years and I answered I don't know. Most likely will get thrown out piece by piece as it deteriorates and gets old till none of it is left.

Yep all theses collections we have amount to nothing but money thrown away as we and they get older.

Oh and title would make more sense if it read "What is in your room".

I am not really trying to put you or you hobby down here. Like I said, I collect as well. But there is this thing called moderation.
            tnx for the advice but as of now i live in my own house, drive my own car and work everyday.

oh and one more thing i made this thread so people can post and look at other people room, thats why i made the title "whats on your room?" and as the creator of the thread, i posted the pics of my room as a starter.

so if all you can do is bash other people without knowing that person then just shut up and live your own life.

Comment

Originally posted by I1nk View Post
              That is a nice set up you have there. I also like the placement of the tv. I also really like the way you set up Black★Rock Shooter.
              tnx! took me a long tym to make all those hanging shelves and if can pls post some pics of your room too.

Originally posted by S&T Kawaii Love View Post
              It's Erio ^^. That is a nice room, I like the setup as well
              tnx! hehehe too bad it's only a poster. i really wanted to buy a figure but im out of space to put any new figurines, so for right now im stopping from buying new figures.
              pls post some pics of your room too.

Originally posted by sholum View Post
              I'm envious of your figure collection.

Though most of the value in my room is in electronics. If you go by the original prices of just the computers in here, I have several thousand dollars in it (I didn't buy most of them, most I actually got for free). The older computers were probably worth more than a thousand dollars each when they came out.

I have thousands of dollars in books too. As such, my dream dwelling will have a large library in it, 'cause I never plan to get rid of my books.
              nice collection, if can pls post some pics of your collection in here.hehehe;p

Comment

Originally posted by soulmate122 View Post
                tnx! took me a long tym to make all those hanging shelves and if can pls post some pics of your room too.

tnx! hehehe too bad it's only a poster. i really wanted to buy a figure but im out of space to put any new figurines, so for right now im stopping from buying new figures.
                pls post some pics of your room too.

nice collection, if can pls post some pics of your collection in here.hehehe;p
                I would, but it's not really fit to display. A lot of my books are in boxes, the computers are in pieces... and hidden in my closet. Just about all of my various collections have been displaced since Christmas (my TV is now where the smaller stuff went, for example).
                That and my camera is messed up...
                [/URL]
                I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

what's "ON" my room? a roof.
                  what's in my room are just a couple tapestries, and figures.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought mine was bad ^^ I have around nine or ten machines in there.

Comment

^ I only have seven currently; two laptops (both are cheap, the older one can barely run Puppy and the newer one barely runs XP, so it runs Puppy [lupu, in case you were wondering]) and five desktops (this is where the money comes in): one was won in a raffle, so it's hard to tell the price [but it's not that much]; two were about $700-$800 in hardware; and two are really old [as in, the 1.2gb hdd has to have the jumpers in 'special configuration' because it's too big for the MoBo], both of them would have been high-end when they came out, so maybe $2000+ each? Of course, they aren't Apple computers, so maybe a bit less.

Hopefully, by the end of the summer I'll have another $1200 in my room in the form of a new gaming rig.
                      Last edited by sholum; 01-11-2012, 12:22 AM. Reason: Syntax Error... (hint: Python)
                      [/URL]

Comment

Nice collection. Messy but not bad.

Here's my display cabinets. Note that the cabinets themselves are actually straight and not curved like in the photo. Unfortunately due to software and me being too lazy to correct it, that's how it turns out.

Other side of the room consist of an ikea expedit 5x5 book shelf full of mangas and other stuff and a desk where I can build my gunpla and other model kits. Also in the same room is my File & Print server.

Rest of the house still need new pictures taken. Here are some taken a few months ago when I first moved in.

PC area :

Shelf above the PC being populated with Guyvers:

Glass shelves high above the other side of the room (it's fuller now):

Comment

Is that your graphics card or the way that you have your monitors pluged into your machine?

Comment

3x 23" LCD in portrait mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ryolo View Post
                              Here's my display cabinets. Note that the cabinets themselves are actually straight and not curved like in the photo. Unfortunately due to software and me being too lazy to correct it, that's how it turns out.
                              Hah I wondered about that curve before, I though you arranged your Detolf in a little bit of curve so to get a fan out kind of layout. I guess that's just lens distortion coupled with the way the panorama software worked eh? Heh.
                              Phoenix's Toy Web Page has detailed photo of my growing figures collection. Check out the Home Page link on My Profile Page if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X