This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bragging Thread

This thread is to provide a place for all goods-buyers to boast about exhaustive lists of REAL anime/bishoujo games merchandise that they have currently (or are going to have in the very near future). We already have one for KEY, but what about everything else?

The bounds covered by the term "REAL anime/bishoujo games merchandise":

- Official anime DVD's licensed in your own country or in other countries (R1's, R2's, R4's, and official R3's accepted). No pirated ones.
    - Officially released music/drama/etc. CD's (including JPop and bishoujo games and anime related CDs)
    - Officially released figurines and models (including gashapons, gunpla, etc.)
    - Officially released manga (translated or otherwise), artbooks, etc. May include published doujin's.
    - Officially released posters and wallscrolls (but due to the torrential nature of magazine posters, posters from magazines, even though official, should not be listed).
    - Official pencilboards, keychains, plushies
    - Official Japan-released Cards: telephone cards, postcards, trading cards (Excludes American versions of trading cards for obvious reasons). Try not to make your cardlist too long, you might say something like "150 Premium Sister Princess plastic trading cards".
    - Official games media (CDs, DVDs) for the game itself or games directly related to the anime.

Try not to include too many pictures, unless it's really rare and stuff.

Remember, the more official stuff you have, the bigger your online sperm-count! Pirated stuff is a spermicide!
    Last edited by icie; 02-21-2005, 02:34 AM.

CLAMP Nut >_>

temporarily removed until i get a better image host
    Last edited by xkhol; 08-27-2005, 01:35 PM.
    HF-CLAMP Fanclub Founder

Comment

Greetings!!

All your figures are great, let me show my new ones and a few olders too.

From Mon-Sieur BOME Collection Vol. 1: Oni-Musume, Sculpted by BOME and Manufuctured by Kaiyodo, from a character created by Hiroyuki Utattane:
      (please note that my Oni-Musume has a missing horn in the mask that she has in her right leg, this detail came directly from the factory, even they painted the place where the horn is supposed to be) (My Musume is some kind of unique, Hurray!!! )

From SEGA 20th Gainax Anniversary Collection: Neon Genesis Evangelion Collection Figure Onsen-Time

Now a few oldies, he,he...

Sorry for the quality but my friend's camera is a little old, (I'm saving myself to buy one)

Bye.
      Last edited by william_himura; 11-16-2005, 08:44 PM.

"Life Has Taught Me So Much..."
      Thanks Ware4Me for this great Signature

Comment

New arrival

Hi there!
        Here is some new stuff I've received today:

=> Fate Stay Night Music Box:

I've also succeeded in recording a sample of the melody it plays. The quality is crappy though; I don't have any microphone so I had to use my cell phone instead.
        Anyway, find it here.

=> Mai HIME Key Holders:
        They're just so cute! ^_^

=> Momose Hik@ru from Peace@Pieces:
        1/8 scale pre-painted and pre-assembled PVC figure, made by Good Smile Co, sculpted by Hiromitsu Morikawa

And that's all for today...

PS: Could somebody tell me how to make small thumbnail pics in posts?
        -Edit- : I've finally decided to make the thumbnails myself. All in all it doesn't take much time; and since it seems Imageshack has come to dislike Hongfire... ^_^
        Last edited by ecchi_kun; 08-23-2005, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi_kun

Greetings!!!

You can use the image hosting service of http://www.imageshack.us/
          just upload your image there and later they give you different directions with different publishing image options (sorry my English ), included an option to show a thumbnail when you post the image.

I hope this can help you.

Bye.

Edit: Don't use that stupid image hosting site; as you problably know they banned Hong Fire for hotlinking images. Imageshack: what a bunch of loosers
          Last edited by william_himura; 08-28-2005, 07:29 PM.

Comment

My Love Hina Collection.

Last edited by Kouyama; 08-19-2005, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi_kun
              Hi there!
              Here is some new stuff I've received today:

=> Fate Stay Night Music Box:

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4 - Pic 5

I've also succeeded in recording a sample of the melody it plays. The quality is crappy though; I don't have any microphone so I had to use my cell phone instead.
              Anyway, find it here.

=> Mai HIME Key Holders:
              They're just so cute! ^_^

Picture

=> Momose Hik@ru from Peace@Pieces:
              1/8 scale pre-painted and pre-assembled PVC figure, made by Good Smile Co, sculpted by Hiromitsu Morikawa

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3

And that's all for today...

I question: What camera do you use? Brand? Model Number? Number of Megapixels?
              And what mode did you shoot it in? Did you use flash? How much did you zoom in? What was the distance between your lens and the subject? What's your light source, and the subject's distance form that light? At what time of day did you take those pictures?
              Can you also post your equipment, if any (like tripods).

I'm trying to optimize my picture taking skills since I plan to start a figure viewing/promotional site sometime in the future.
              Last edited by Saki; 08-20-2005, 01:22 AM.

Comment

> William_himura

I'll give a try to your image hosting, thanks.
                And don't worry for your English, I'm not native English speaker anyway...

> Saki

Well, at the moment I'm using a Fuji Finepix A340 I bought 2 months ago.
                It's a 4 MPixels (3.87 MPixels effective). You can find further details and a review here.

It's an entry-level camera I happened to get with a 30% bargain since it's not manufactured anymore, having been replaced by the A345.

Now here's how I usually take pictures:

(crappy pic taken with my cell phone inside)

- The figure is put a small table I usually use to put my notebook when I'm not using it.

- Since I have no tripod, I put the camera on some books or some DVD boxes. It's stable, and you can easily adjust the height by adding or removing books.

- The distance between the lens and the figure depends on the height of the figure itself. On the picture above, the figure is 21cm tall; which makes me put the camera 38cm away.

- Of course I have to use the macro mode. No zoom since my camera doesn't allow it in this mode. Automatic exposure mode.

- The light is provided by the upper left windown, which is about 90 cm away from the figure.
                This gives me a 3/4 upper left enlightment, generally enough to take my pics. However, this sometimes causes some problems when the figure faces right. See this pic : I tried to compensate by putting a light on the right. The result was pretty crappy because of the yellowish enlightment it gave.
                So at the moment I'm trying to find something which could provide me with some white light, such as a desktop lamp with white LEDs, or something like that.

- BTW, I almost never use flash. It's far too bright! It puts some glints all over the figures and over-darkens the background.
                I almost only use daylight from the window as explained above. I generally take my pics by the beginning of the afternoon, when the enlightment is enough but not too strong (the window faces West). I must sometimes wait a little more though, when the weather is cloudy.
                I don't open the white curtain. It gives the light a nice filter.

- And finally, about the pics themselves: I edit them a little: I crop unnecessary parts and I reduce their size. That is to save disk space and bandwidth. I add no other improvement though.
                Example: original pic VS edited pic.

Well then, as you can see I use very amateurish tricks. But it allows me to take acceptable quality pictures at low cost.
                I hope it'll help you somehow.

Comment

Yet another one...

Aty from Summon Night 3.
                  1/8 scale PVC manufactured by Kotobukiya and sculpted by Yoshi.

Comment

i've done alot of shoppin and soon i will be able to post here^_^

Comment

Yes, I hope to see your "stuff" in figures, not some website previews

Sorry... I couldn't helped

Bye.

Comment

BTW taking pictures of one's figures 'n' stuff is part of the fun of collecting them.
                        Well, this is something I've come to like doing anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by william_himura
                          Yes, I hope to see your "stuff" in figures, not some website previews

Sorry... I couldn't helped

Bye.
                          I don't understand.
                          Are you implying that our photos are from online retailers?

Comment

No!!

I was only making some jokes, sorry if I didn't make myself clear

I know all of you are so proud to have all this pieces of art like my self.

I'm sorry, I'm really ashamed of bother you, it wasn't my intention.

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by william_himura
                              No!!

I was only making some jokes, sorry if I didn't make myself clear

I know all of you are so proud to have all this pieces of art like my self.

I'm sorry, I'm really ashamed of bother you, it wasn't my intention.

Bye
                              Oh, ok.
                              Sorry about that.

Comment

Demonbane AL & Nijihara Ink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/100_0463.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/100_0460.jpg

A few of the artbooks I own:
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/100_0433.jpg
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...r/100_0432.jpg

Other stuff is posted in the dir:
                                http://photobucket.com/albums/v38/LilikaSayaku/other/

~Shake it gurl~!

Comment

Working...
                                X