Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Alter] 1/8 Momohime (Muramasa: The Demon Blade)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alter] 1/8 Momohime (Muramasa: The Demon Blade)

Momohime from Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Obormuramasa) is getting a PVC figure soon from Alter. Up for pre-order right now!

6630 yen (~$71US) from HO33Y SEARCH
    Reservation Closed.

Missed out on the Gwendolyn figure last time, so I already have my reservation in.

Edit: Hobby Search has closed their reservations. AmiAmi is still selling them at this point though.
    Last edited by Eelcire; 06-16-2010, 03:43 PM. Reason: Updated details; Reservation Closed.
    Looking for Fatal Frame II Premium Fan Disc.
    こんにちは!

Oh, they're a bit cheaper too. May have to move my order over, or at least see if Hobby Search will price match.
    こんにちは!

Comment

Hah... I don't think we anticipate Hobby Search to price match anytime soon. But they are at least head to head with AmiAmi on this shipping promotion.
      Phoenix's Toy Web Page has detailed photo of my growing figures collection. Check out the Home Page link on My Profile Page if anyone is interested.

Comment

Well it's only around a $4 difference, so not too bad really. I'm really liking anything I've seen from Alter + Vanillaware though; shame I've missed out on the Odin Sphere figures. Momohime though looks really nice here, and it's cool that the hand piece is exchanageable to have her sword sheathed or unsheathed. Had my credit card call me up to verify that I purchased something from Japan, so hopefully that means she'll be shipping out soon?
        こんにちは!

Comment

^^ Momohime? It's not releasing until July 2010. Your credit card company probably just got an authorization. When you place pre-order, they will authorize the card. But they don't charge you until they are ready to ship which will be a good four month away.
          Phoenix's Toy Web Page has detailed photo of my growing figures collection. Check out the Home Page link on My Profile Page if anyone is interested.

Comment

I don't know anything about this series, but the figure looks so nice. I will place it on preorder too.. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Kitee View Post
              I don't know anything about this series ...
              Its some kind of Wii game (singular, not plural) ... I think its pricey for a 1/8 and I have too much stuff to get AND pay for before jumping into anything else (besides I am holding for a another possible delayer from GSC) as everything seems to be going to show up in April/May.

Comment

@Kitee Muramasa is a Wii game from Vanillaware that is more of an action game, with a map system similar to classic Metroid or Castlevania; and whose art direction is (IMO) unparalleled even compared to games on the PS3 or 360. Vanillaware also made Princess Crown for the Sega Saturn and Odin Sphere on the PS2, which is a hybrid action game/RPG. They've also put out a SRPG GrimGrimoire, but I haven't had a chance to start that yet. If you get the chance you might check out any of the titles as they look quite beautiful; Muramasa looks great even on HD screens.

@Drakon Yeah, it's a bit pricey - but I've been wanting something like this for awhile as I missed out on the figures from Alter based on Odin Sphere.
                こんにちは!

Comment

^^ ^
                  Ohh, thanks for the info on the game. It looks like I can finally dust off my Wii. heh
                  Last edited by Kitee; 03-19-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Good god. GOOD GOD.
                    I don't think I'll even think twice, lol.
                    Momohime Jinkuro looking to pull a draw. <3

@Kitee:
                    Yes, play it. It's tons fun.
                    IMO, much more skill based compared to Odin Sphere; that is until you start spamming skills.
                    Last edited by RC-fancy; 03-20-2010, 10:30 PM.
                    DAP: Hisoundaudio Studio | AMP: Headstage Arrow 12HE 2G | CAN: AKG K701 Denko recabled
                    ... Eargasm

Comment

Updated the OP. Hobby Search has closed their reservations. AmiAmi is still selling them at this point though.
                      こんにちは!

Comment

In stock and getting ready to ship! Weird, my image changed.
                        こんにちは!

Comment

cute looking figure...do you guys find ami ami to be better than hobby search generally? I tend to trust them more than hobbysearch myself...

Comment

^^ To me, nope. I would trust those two about equally. They've both been here in business for more than 10 years. In fact both AmiAmi and Hobby Search started in year 1999. The only difference is AmiAmi's parent company has a long history while Hobby Search does not. And as far as the level of support to their customer, at least to me for the many years I have business with them, they've treated me about equally. The only reason most of my business these days are with AmiAmi is because their price is cheaper. And now that AmiAmi has a half descent system for combining order and listing all your orders. There's no reason for me to use Hobby Search unless they are cheaper (very rare) or they have the item I want while Ami Ami is out (happened a few times). But honestly I don't think either one deserve more trust than the other.
                            Last edited by Fenix; 02-06-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X