This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information about online anime/game figure stores

This thread is dedicated to those who want to purchases anime (or game) related figures online. We are trying to list all the big and reliable stores, what they carry, pro and cons of shopping at the particular store, etc. If there's any information that's missing or wrong please let me know (preferably through a PM) and I will revise the appropriate post. If you have your own favorite shop you want to list, then just add to the list. If it's a shop that's highly rated by Hongfire member, I will move it up to my posts up front.

AmiAmi
    http://www.amiami.com/ (English)
    http://www.amiami.jp/ (Japanese)

Based in Japan. They carries models, gundams, figures dolls, and books/magazines. They are so far from what I can see cheaper than Hobby Search (with their point system factored in) and Hobby Link Japan below. Also they do not seem to have different price for international customer vs. Japanese customer like Hobby Search. As of 2011/12/20 AmiAmi is now accepting both PayPal and credit card. AmiAmi has both EMS, registered SAL and unregistered SAL. Now registered SAL is more expensive than unregistered SAL, but you got to give the shop some consideration because unregistered SAL is untrackable so it's really hard on the shop when a lost claim do occur. Previously AmiAmi has a very poor shop system. You can't get to your orders or combine items. They have since revised their system at the end of 2011 and now you can access your past and current order, recombine items. They even have a setting for automatic recombination so that your new order will be recombined by the month automatically. With the new updated shop system, combined with AmiAmi's competitive, I will be using AmiAmi as the primary shop. The last thing I'd like to to note is that AmiAmi serves both international and domestic Japan market. So for hot items, the international site both updates slower and for obvious reason might have to fight with all the customers from within Japan.

Hobby Search
    http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/ (English)
    http://www.1999.co.jp/ (Japanese)

Based in Japan. They carries models, gundams, figures dolls, and books/magazines. They are generally a bit cheaper on price as well as shipping than HobbyLink Japan. They have a point system which gives you a equivalent of 5% discount on the next purchase (or you can save the points for later purchases). Their English is not that great, but I've learned to understand them okay. They offer EMS and SAL shipping and they are accepting Credit Card, PayPal and AlertPay as payment methods. They don't have that much stocks, so many of the popular items will just get sold out. They do restock some items but then you have to watch out for it. But other wise they are perfect if you pre-order. For pre-order, Hobby Search will not send you PayPal invoice until the item is ready to be shipped out. What's worth noting is that Hobby Search serves both international customers as well as domestic Japanese customers. So for hot items, you are sharing the allocation to Hobby Search between domestic Japanese customers and international customers. This makes some hot item sold out much faster on Hobby Search than those that are exclusively serving international customers. I tends to use Hobby Search as a secondary store just to compare pricing with AmiAmi.

HobbyLink Japan
    http://www.hlj.com (English)
    http://www.hlj.co.jp (Japanese)

Based in Japan. Carries a lot of stuff, models, R/Cs, gundams, dolls, pre-painted figures, resin figures, books/magazines, etc. Their price tends to be a bit higher than Hobby Search (see below) and shipping is slightly higher too. Their web site design is great, their English is very good. So even though they are based in Japan communication is not a problem. Also they offer SAL Surface Air Lift shipping as well as EMS shipping, and they also offer a good price on Fedex shipping. SAL is much cheaper than EMS but packages sometimes may or may not get the best treatment depend on the postal services. And also SAL take longer to arrive at the destination. EMS on the other hand is more expensive but does offer insurance and tracking. Fedex is very fast, although a bit more the EMS. I used Fedex during their 50% off shipping promos and it was really good. Although with the current speed of EMS from Japan to North America being really quick as well, I don't see the point in paying more for Fedex. Packages generally gets better treatment. HobbyLink Japan carries reasonable stocks and hot item restock has indicators of when to expect a restock. For pre-order, HobbyLink Japan will not charge your credit card until the item is ready to be shipped out. And due to the time lag of credit card processing, you might not see it until even your next credit card statement. HobbyLink Japan also takes PayPal if you don't have a credit card or do not want to give out your credit card information. HobbyLink Japan use to serve only international customers. However, in the middle of 2008, HobbyLink opened their stores to domestic Japanese customers as well with www.hlj.co.jp.
    Last edited by Fenix; 12-20-2011, 11:52 PM.
    Phoenix's Toy Web Page has detailed photo of my growing figures collection. Check out the Home Page link on My Profile Page if anyone is interested.

• Vrooooooooooooooommmm I'm out.
    Last edited by ikkicrazy; 05-04-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Don't want to make a new thread but.

We know Toranoana doesn't ship outside of Japan but is it possible for me to order there and just have it ship to an acquaintance of mine in Japan?

Comment

• Hongfire's back. Yay.

Anyone tried bk1.jp? It's pretty much legit, yes. I was wondering when do they charge your card? I just made an order right now. I haven't seen my card being charged yet.

Edit: Never mind. It seems that it was just a security measure by my bank to why my card wasn't immediately charged.
        Last edited by Chevreuse; 10-01-2011, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Yes I have been purchasing from bk1.jp for a long time now. My gf always had a lot of pre-ordered item on it. They charge your card at time of shipping. But it can take a while to show up on your card as well due to the delay in international credit card clearing. bk1.jp packs your book really really well. Compare to amazon.co.jp's shitty packaging, bk1 is like heaven.
          Phoenix's Toy Web Page has detailed photo of my growing figures collection. Check out the Home Page link on My Profile Page if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Are there any other recommended online anime stores besides from the one already listed in the initial post?

Comment

• Anime stores as being anime merchandise/anime figures or anime dvd/blu-rays? If you looking for dvd/blu-rays mostly plus some small merchandises there's always also http://www.rightstuf.com. I kind of started the thread on figure stores, so really I'm posting only figure related stores.

Comment

• Does amiami have an English site anymore? Navigation with minimal Kanji understanding doesn't help. lol

HF - Hentai #368|HF-Haruhiism #31
                I am blue/green. I am both rational and instinctive. I view the world as something to be shaped for my own advancement and knowledge; at best I am focused and brilliant; at worst, I am self-absorbed and amoral.

Comment

• AmiAmi's English site is at http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english
                  If that URL shows up in Japanese, clear your cookies for that domain and refresh. That usually cures the problem. This is especially true if you have visited their Japanese site.

Comment

• Ah ok. I have no idea why it redirected me to the Japanese site the first couple times I tried. Thanks.

HF - Hentai #368|HF-Haruhiism #31
                    I am blue/green. I am both rational and instinctive. I view the world as something to be shaped for my own advancement and knowledge; at best I am focused and brilliant; at worst, I am self-absorbed and amoral.

Comment

• I wonder if there's any figurines of the mighty cui from dragonballz

Comment

• When I need some reviews on certain company or service, I just simply visit the most known website which gives people an opportunity to share their thoughts and opinions, as well as recommendations, and that's how I found americor funding review, and after reading some great reviews I've made my own decision.

Comment

Working...
                        X