X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Thumbnail (wannabe) Tag

I don't know if anyone would use this but meh
    Thumbnail - Click to view original size

Basically takes the original image and resizes it to 200x* on the forum display. However it doesn't change the load time of the image, it does reduces the amount of room the image takes up. Clicking the "thumbnail" image will open a new browser window which shows the image in its original size.
    Tag is [thumb ][/thumb ] (without the spaces of course).

Oh and <3 ayane hehe.
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    20.00%
    Keep it there just incase.
    45.00%
    Just remove the tag altogether.
    10.00%
    Last edited by Para; 05-10-2006, 03:16 PM.

I think it might be usefull feature.
    For all these poeple which are using image hosting sites without thumbnail option possibility,like TinyPic.
    But it could be shortened to [thumb ][/thumb ]
    "Cute anime/manga girls should only stick with other cute girls"

Watching:
    Asura Cryin',Basquash!,Bleach,Candy Boy,Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood,K-ON!,Kara no Kyoukai
    Pandora Hearts,Regios,Queen's Blade,Saki,Sengoku Basara,Shangri-la,Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo,Tears to Tiara

Comment

some image hosts create
      a thumbnail when the image
      is uploaded so it's a better
      idea to use that
      Last edited by Para; 05-10-2006, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gvbn
        some image hosts create
        a thumbnail when the image
        is uploaded so it's a better
        idea to use that
        Yes well sometimes people hotlink images from sites that don't provide thumbnails.

Also changed the tag to [thumb ] now.
        Last edited by Para; 05-10-2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I think it's a good idea. It saves some people the time to cut down screen caps to "forum friendly" sizes.
          Recent Uploads: Yotsunoha (PS2), Suggoi Arcana Heart 2, Shirogane no Soleil (PS2), Sen Goku Hime
          Recent DDLs: Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito ~Romance~
          Reseed Requests/DDL Repair: CLICK HERE HERE|||My Requests: (none)

(Image host collapsed; new sig coming soon...)
          We are the Lolicons. Lower your defenses and surrender yourselves. We will add your viewing and acquisional distinctiveness to our own. Your libido will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. :insert rorikon emoticon here:

Comment

It sounds pretty neat. ^^ I don't know how often I'll use it though since I usually use image hosts like PicsPlace that have thumbnails. Still, I'm glad to know it's there in case I ever need it! Thanks!

Comment

it's useful.

for reasons undisclosed \p/

Spoiler
              Originally posted by starcaptor
              I would say Lisa Hayes would probably have the best historical account since shes been on the ship for quite a while. I remember talking to hongfire one on one in the forums for only one thing, and that was...why was the website called hongfire?

Comment

How about making the tag [tb ]?
                Recent Uploads: Yotsunoha (PS2), Suggoi Arcana Heart 2, Shirogane no Soleil (PS2), Sen Goku Hime
                Recent DDLs: Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito ~Romance~
                Reseed Requests/DDL Repair: CLICK HERE HERE|||My Requests: (none)

(Image host collapsed; new sig coming soon...)
                We are the Lolicons. Lower your defenses and surrender yourselves. We will add your viewing and acquisional distinctiveness to our own. Your libido will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. :insert rorikon emoticon here:

Comment

Don't like it because the thumbnail is just the larger image and still loads the whole image, so if someone puts 5 200KB images in the thumbnail tag. A full MB has to be downloaded for the page to finish loading. It's a really dirty hack and I don't like it

Comment

Originally posted by Shragei
                    Don't like it because the thumbnail is just the larger image and still loads the whole image, so if someone puts 5 200KB images in the thumbnail tag. A full MB has to be downloaded for the page to finish loading. It's a really dirty hack and I don't like it
                    But then again shragei its called better than nothing.

Comment

I bet in 4-5 week I'm going to get pissed off at the over use of this tag and remove it

Comment

If it forces all images to be 200 width, what happens when i use it over a small image?
                        it doesnt change the file size, but its also not a bad thing because you dont need to download it again (it'll already be in the cache).

If World War II was like this, would you die a happy man?

Comment

Originally posted by sOt0nGz
                          If it forces all images to be 200 width, what happens when i use it over a small image?
                          why would you want to
                          create a thumbnail for
                          a small image?

Thumbnail - Click to view original size

Comment

thats the problem.

If World War II was like this, would you die a happy man?

Comment

The point is.. Don't do it. Why would you use the tag for such images?

BBcode isn't perfect and you can't provide error protection for every single bug.
                              All it needs a little common sense from the community not to abuse BBcode like that unless they want to get slapped with a warning.

Comment

Working...
                              X