This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Oh! Text Hooker

Is it just me, or is Oh! Text Hooker not translating to English anymore? I tried it yesterday and today, and no text is coming at all. Might have started before, but yesterday was the first time I used it in a while. I know its not the games, cause it worked perfectly fine last week. And the program works just fine with jpkrcode.dll or with no plugin. I also checked the Amikai website, which seems to be perfectly alive and well. I even redownloaded the program...and did a System Restore...anyone else have the same problem, and/or any ideas of a solution?

BobaFett2ha + college = leecher

ditto

I've had the same problem the last couple of weeks. Nothing's changed with my internet connection, and it was working fine beforehand. The English plugin just doesn't seem to work anymore, and I have no clue as to why. -_-

Comment

The translation site has changed its address, and the developer of Text Hooker has stopped working on it. Right some volunteers are willing to create a plugin which works with ATLAS (offline translator suggested by Valermos).

Comment

Oh well, thanks for the info. I hadn't realized Amikai had moved. If someone ever makes a plugin for Atlas or any other translator it'd be super duper nice.

It's not something I could really rely on anyways, but it was nice to skim over, especially around conversation that goes over my head. Taking the time to cut and paste the font just takes so much more time.

Comment

i'm not sure - never used this program before
          but i think problem was one variable in html
          here is 'fixed' dll

i don't have jap games to test on
          but it somewhat tries to translate menus in some programs at least
          Attached Files
          imageshack is evil ~shragei

Comment

For information on the plugin DrWise mentioned and more check here http://animereactor.ath.cx/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5632

And thanks themabus your fix worked.
            Last edited by Valermos; 12-22-2004, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone i have a problem with Oh! text hooker and maybe someone can help me, so here is my problem:
              i used Oh

Comment

Hmmm I have no idea about that problem. But what I would do is redownload the program. Anyways, thanks for your fix themabus, now I can start playing again without having to cut and paste manually

BobaFett2ha + college = leecher

Comment

[QUOTE=tr13zz]Hello everyone i have a problem with Oh! text hooker and maybe someone can help me, so here is my problem:
                  i used Oh

Comment

This is my first attempt in C programming, so there are same unresolved issue like something a crash in a winnt32 dll function that close both texthooker and game, also there are same minor issue about text filtering that was already fixed but i lost them samewhere.
                    Also i had a lot of problems , i got the compiler working only inside an vmware istance........no debug, etc.....spent same hours....ok, it's the price of a NLited sistem.

how to use it? This dll just copy the filtered text in clipboard, you must have Atlas installed , i tried v11.0 , from start menu search for Quick Atlas and start it, then an icon apper in systray, right click and enable Automatic Clipboard Translation, hide texthooker window since there is nothing inside (it' part of the minor issue, same lost code) and size the atlas clipboard window like you prefer.

Also if someone know pelase telll me how to turn of flashing of clipboard windows and disable the always on top flag on atlas window.

Please report any useful info, especially for that hang that i'm not able to trace.

thanks

Edit: removed old files, please go to post #73 page 8 of this thread....
                    Last edited by fk0; 11-17-2005, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Wow awesome, thnx.
                      But I'm already noticing one problem; Atlas clipboard system is translating everything line by line and is only showing last translated line in that window. Is there a option in Atlas to make it keep last few lines in translation window not just last one.

Comment

But a single sentence of the game is totally translated or only part of it? If only a part is translated i can convert newline cahracters to stop and space to have a single line....
                        What game are you testing? if i try it or another with the same engine i can check what happen.

someone know how to hook te clipboard of two machine without remote desktop or vnc?
                        Last edited by fk0; 05-02-2005, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fk0
                          But a single sentence of the game is totally translated or only part of it? If only a part is translated i can convert newline cahracters to stop and space to have a single line....
                          What game are you testing? if i try it or another with the same engine i can check what happen.
                          EDIT: Actually, nevermind I managed to check some options in Atlas and fix that problem with multilines, as seen on this pic

Now the only problem left is the one you already mentioned, that Atlas translating window gets on the top every time it translates the line so it interrupts the game window, and you have to switch game window back manually everytime. It's really annoying, especially since it's interrupting game music and voices aswell.
                          If that could be somehow fixed, things would be perfect.
                          Last edited by ww3master3; 05-02-2005, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Just deleted my previous post with the response since didn't needed anymore; i think i found the winnt32 hang, the problem doesn't affect the dll i posted here, very lucky since all others has it.........

About that problem i didn't had it since i nlited window (see http://nuhi.msfn.org/nlite.html ) and i disabled the window focus on flash or-what-is-called option, so the clipboard window flash but the focus remain on window game. It seem i was fortunate to have same settings ready to play. If it can help i usually give to XP a win98 look by disabling *everything*.
                            I'm sure there is an option or at least a registry setting that disable both flash and focus , just need to find it and report here.

About the clipboard window, don't mix the texts, just move the separator up and you gain the max space; just look at the pic here, where this game repeat the sentence from 3 to 4 times.

Next i want to hook the clipboard from two pc to keep the game at fullscreen that is better to play on a 19' lcd , i have a second pc at my right with his own monitor, i can move the translator program and read translations on it.
                            RealVnc does the thing but if i can found something that link only the clipboard instead a remote screen i'll prefer it; probably tomorrow i'll give a try.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by fk0; 05-02-2005, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Ok one more thing that doesn't have to do anything with your plugin, maybe someone else can answer it. In Atlas there're few different 'Translation Enviroments'; General, Manual, Business, Newspaper, Entertainment...etc, etc. It seems every Enviroments uses different dictionaries, so what should be best one to use with bishoujo games? I'm using 'entertainment' one atm, but I'm not sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X