Need help dealing with kirikiri error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help dealing with kirikiri error

whenever i try to run this game, i keep getting an error that it cant read the wuvorbis.dll file. can anyone help?

Set your system locale to Japanese. Also, refer to the second sticky from the top for great justice.
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Comment

Even after changing the language for non-unicode programs to Japanese, its still not running.

Comment

That's quite... peculiar. Try removing Japanese characters from your installation folder hierarchy, if present.

If that still doesn't work, I'd say it's either corrupt, or some kind of codec conflict.

Comment

i will get to that later today tell you what happens, thanks for the helpful advice

Comment

btw what is a installation folder hierarchy? ^^;;;

Comment

My apologies, I have no idea what I was saying either. Let me put it this way: Just rename your game's root installation folder into something with no japanese characters.

Comment

This could be a codec error too, it's saying "can't recognize the plugin wuvorbis.dll". If you seperately installed the OGG vorbis plugin at some point, try uninstalling it and then reinstall the game to see if the message goes away.

Also, certain characters in that message look different from certain others, try changing format to Japanese in the first tab as well.
                Last edited by sailabc1; 06-28-2013, 04:11 AM.

Comment

The solution to this error is running the game with Admin privileges. I had two Beelzebub games with this same problem.
                  Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on VNs
                  Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

Comment

Working...
                  X