Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First post on all pages now working again!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post on all pages now working again!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	apcgirl.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	5699787

We finally able to make first post on all pages working again. Thanks to a very good coder who made the custom code for us. We will fix more bugs soon. A new messaging feature is coming in the next update.

Hows everyone doing? by the way is the site loading fast for everyone?

Thanks so much
    HF

What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Currently the pages are loading fast and hopefully one bug fix includes that annoying standard vBulletin feature, of jumping to the top if the page is not fully loaded/one instantly scrolls down, being obliterated.

Now one just has to wonder if the comment feature will stay (without quotation marks being turned into "&quot", another feature) and whether the more complex reputation system can/will come back but most importantly: The old HF design would be sweet indeed, the default design is so sterile that it is rather unsettling than calming.

In any event, many thanks for bringing the first post of a thread on each of the thread back again as well as the stuck bar with "Post Reply", "Search"... and if you don't mind, could you rather make the page select like it is at the bottom of the thread? Really rarely on wants to jump within to a page that is not one the previous few or first. Or at least make the one-click select available on the top of the page as well.
    I am a cream whip, nothing more and nothing less.
    Oh, and I am a cream whip that made a List of CM3D2 Mods [Always WIP and totally NSFW], mind you.

Comment

Working great!!!!
      Thank you!!

Any news of new Layout? I kinda got bored with mobile phone version of layout....

Comment

Awesome! Glad this feature came back.

Sadly the board seems pretty slow to me lately. A bit faster this morning but still quite slow.

I hope avatar size increases are next.

Glad things are coming together.
        #1 Aojiru Fan! The High Prophet of Inyouchuu, Lewd Demon Bugs

Tentacle Club | MeiohSubs | Tentacle Tumblr | Artbook scans! - Inyouchuu Etsu / Aojiru Works

Comment

Many thanks for the update!

The speed hasn't changed. Normally fast, but when using the navigation at the top still slow.

The commenting feature is heavily used - I wouldn't have thought that it would. It nearly completely replaced quoting. One problem with it is that only three comments are visible. So important information is sometimes clipped and when you search for something on a page you have to unfold all posts with more than three comments. HongFire, if this could be an option in the settings to always unfold all comments I would choose it. And I would even suggest to make it the board standard.

Another standard for an option: Signatures are hidden by default. I would suggest to change this to show them first.

Comment

Originally posted by enimaroah View Post
            Many thanks for the update!

The speed hasn't changed. Normally fast, but when using the navigation at the top still slow.

The commenting feature is heavily used - I wouldn't have thought that it would. It nearly completely replaced quoting. One problem with it is that only three comments are visible. So important information is sometimes clipped and when you search for something on a page you have to unfold all posts with more than three comments. HongFire, if this could be an option in the settings to always unfold all comments I would choose it. And I would even suggest to make it the board standard.

Another standard for an option: Signatures are hidden by default. I would suggest to change this to show them first.
            That is unfortunate. I think the comments system, at least in threads, is terrible and confusing. Quotes are better.

Yeah I thought signatures were disabled because of board issues or something, but it was turned off for me somehow.

Tentacle Club | MeiohSubs | Tentacle Tumblr | Artbook scans! - Inyouchuu Etsu / Aojiru Works

Comment

Comments have two big advantages. The length of each page in a thread is greatly reduced (no signatures in the comment, an uncut quote can take a lot of space) and they give a better structure of the thread or call it less cluttering.

But you are right, it is confusing especially when some people quote and others comment. If you could have only one of them then I wouldn't know which one I would prefer.

Question HongFire, would it be possible to implement a conversion option which would allow each user to see all quotes as comments, and another option which would show all comments as quotes?

Comment

I don't see that as an advantage though, more like clutter to me lol. I keep missing comments because they're tucked away so much.

Comment

Thank you mysterious coder for helping us out.
                  HongFire Yeah the site is still slow for me. Every I click on the section I want to go it takes like around 7 to 10 seconds for the site to take me to that section.

Comment

Working...
                  X