Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software and server upgraded again!! Now Dedicated SSD for the SQL server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software and server upgraded again!! Now Dedicated SSD for the SQL server.

Hi all HFires.

Sorry for being MIA.

Was really busy. We now upgraded our SQL server to run on a dedicated SSD. And upgraded to the latest software again.

We are still trying to figure out how to reduce the lag. Could you guys give it a try and let us know if the performance are better? And if you still experience lags. Please let us know when you are lagging how many users were on and around what time the lag happens.

Thanks ^^

Also I am going to reply my PMs slowly, Sorry because I have so many PM and emails to reply to. So please give me a little bit of time. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Nice work on upgrading the site it looks really clean and simple!

Sadly, the lag still here, but not as bad to the point where you can't even enter the site like last time. Hopefully, you guys can fix the lag issues.
    Last edited by Heavenie; 10-16-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Well, this seems to be still rather fresh but from what I can see the lag es even worse right now for me... (._. )
      On the positive site though: Everything did eventually load, unlike other times where it was flat out impossible to reach anything on the site.

So it's better right now than the bad days but worse than the good days.
      So if it's a bad day right now, it's still an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenie View Post
        Nice work on upgrading the site it looks really clean and simple!

Sadly, the lag still here, but not as bad to the point where you can't even enter the site like last time. Hopefully, you guys can fix the lag issues.
        yea its lagging but not as bad i can finally check my stuff

Comment

I haven't had such a good performance around here as now for a long time. Feels good to be able to browse again.
          Glad to have you back Hong.

Comment

I've got load times over a minute on both this thread and the New Topics search result page, where as I previously had maybe 10-15 second loading times when it worked and timed out when it didn't. Don't know why I'm having such higher load times than everyone else, but I'll try a few things to see how much of its on my side.

EDIT:
            Editing had a ~5sec delay; when I posted this comment, I ended up with a page that reported a nodeID to me and the response and request headers. I don't know if this is a result of me using the Dev edition of Firefox, but whatever the case, this page has the old tab icon (from before the hacking) instead of the generic vBulletin one.
            EDIT2 (haven't gotten to push the first one through yet, though): editing is taking a really long time... Reloads of this page are speeding up, so load times are improving with caching, I assume.
            Last edited by sholum; 10-16-2016, 10:26 PM. Reason: updates
            Do I need to say anything?
            [/URL]
            I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

It seems to go more smoothly for me FOR NOW.... I'm gonna wait and see in the long run.
              "Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough." - The Cheshire Cat

"All around the Sta-actus plant, the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun - POP! Goes the bandit!" - Tiny Tina

Comment

So far is going pretty well for me, overall much better than lately.

Also it looks quite fancier too.
                sigpic

Comment

Even after the upgrade again yesterday, the speed and connection timeouts and resets are still very bad. Randomly a page will load very quickly, but 95% of the time it takes up to 30-60 seconds for a page to load, assuming it does as at all without failing part way. I'm on 100Mbps/100Mbps FTTH out of California:

Code:
                  Tracing route to hongfire.com [216.172.97.222]
                  over a maximum of 30 hops:
                  <1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms Router
                  <1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms ISP
                  <1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms ISP
                    1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  ISP
                    2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  xe-0-0-0-17.r00.scrmca02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.193.9]
                    6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  ae-31.r02.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.7.32]
                    6 ms     6 ms     6 ms  ae-11.r23.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.118]
                  43 ms    43 ms    43 ms  ae-7.r23.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.155]
                  43 ms    43 ms    43 ms  ae-5.r07.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.209]
                  42 ms    42 ms    42 ms  xe-0-0-0-15.r07.dllstx09.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [129.250.195.118]
                  44 ms    44 ms    44 ms  cust-216-172-97-222.corexchange.com [216.172.97.222]
                  Similar to the first upgrade, the connection delay often seems worse when logged in, so it may be partially related with the server software accessing the user database and personalized forum features.

At the moment there are ~1100 Guests & ~80 Members online.

Edit: The server just became completely inaccessible (both logged in and not) for the 10 minutes between making this post, and making this edit. Issues like this are still occurring semi-frequently, just like before the upgrade. Initial impression is the connection lag is even worse than before, so assuming your CPU/RAM weren't downgraded, all these lag issues could be software configuration related.
                  Last edited by cyberbeing; 10-17-2016, 07:12 AM.

Comment

There is still no change for me, even with this update. Most of the time I cannot access the site and when I do I cannot log on or even if I manage to log on I cannot post anything. This is the first time I have managed to post since the thread was started yesterday.

Comment

Speeds have improved, but sometimes it still takes 5~10 seconds to load.

Comment

Really quick load times for me today (~1.5 seconds max). I don't think I've changed anything

EDIT:
                        Didn't get that weird window again.
                        Opening the edit window was nigh instantaneous; will edit again to say if it has trouble pushing the edit through or not.

EDIT2:
                        No problems with the edit; maybe half a second or one second tops to post the edit and update my page.

EDIT3:
                        And now everything is slow again... 15 seconds to get the edit window up.
                        Last edited by sholum; 10-17-2016, 10:08 PM.
                        Do I need to say anything?
                        [/URL]
                        I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

This is very strange. We are already on a full dedicated server and hosting only HongFire. We are not running any 3rd party plugins but I still gets random high server loads even with a SSD as dedicated Database server.

I am waiting for some software developer's reply on this issue. Let's keep monitoring the performance for few days, After that I will adjust the theme more.
                          What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
                          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Comment

HongFire have you thought about migrating from apache to ngnix and also enabling HTTP2/SPDY? That alone could potentially reduce your load by half.

Edit: Tonight around the time of this edit, the server suddenly began performing really well for the past hour or so. As an experiment I had decided to remove my only 3 thread subscriptions from 2006-2008 not long before that, but that could just be a coincidence and not related at all. Who knows how long this will last though. 108 members and 1012 guests currently online.

Edit2: Nope, still not fully stable. Just went completely inaccessible again for ~5 minutes, then decent. then inaccessible for 1-2 minutes and so on. Firefox's error console has been spitting out one javascript warning and a lot of little images from smiles and ranks which are missing, which you may as well fix next time you tweak the server:
                            Code:
                            Responsive warning: .js-movable-toolbar-button-container is not available footer-rollup-524.js:253:8041
                            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/core//forum/images/smilies/ gifs [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]
                            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/core/images/smilies/onion/ gifs [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]
                            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/core/images/ranks/ gifs [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]
                            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/core//forum/images/icons/icon1.png [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]
                            http://www.hongfire.com/forum/core//forum/images/smilies/cs/ gifs [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]
                            Last edited by cyberbeing; 10-18-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

The site is still very slow and it is difficult to post.

I keep seeing this bug too. Click image for larger version  Name:	Forum Bug.jpg Views:	1 Size:	258.1 KB ID:	5728323

Edit: Odd posting in this thread worked immediately.

Comment

Working...
                              X