Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software and server upgraded again!! Now Dedicated SSD for the SQL server.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software and server upgraded again!! Now Dedicated SSD for the SQL server.

Hi all HFires.

Sorry for being MIA.

Was really busy. We now upgraded our SQL server to run on a dedicated SSD. And upgraded to the latest software again.

We are still trying to figure out how to reduce the lag. Could you guys give it a try and let us know if the performance are better? And if you still experience lags. Please let us know when you are lagging how many users were on and around what time the lag happens.

Thanks ^^

Also I am going to reply my PMs slowly, Sorry because I have so many PM and emails to reply to. So please give me a little bit of time. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Is this site's admins even alive?

I'm etting errors posting. But after many tries it works.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

~ Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Been this way for months...yesterday the JSON error wouldn't even let me post anything...
      For our hearts are joined/I no longer fear anything/The strength and gentleness you have bestowed/Now I shall bestow them upon you this time!/
      Not going one step further/Embracing strongly the past/Draw the dreams/I shall no longer give in/Let us go meet it/To the future I want realized!

Comment

Recently the website lost my login cookie, and since I had changed my password several times in the past (due to database leaks), it took me a while to remember my password. However recovering it using the email functions seems also to not work. Is anyone getting emails from the site? At least GMX (part of 1and1) seems not to receive them, not even in spam folder.

Comment

The last message I received from this board was from August last year. And although I didn't change my profile settings and there were reasons for sending further mails I got none.

Comment

Originally posted by De Kus View Post
            Recently the website lost my login cookie, and since I had changed my password several times in the past (due to database leaks), it took me a while to remember my password. However recovering it using the email functions seems also to not work. Is anyone getting emails from the site? At least GMX (part of 1and1) seems not to receive them, not even in spam folder.
            I received an automated email a few days ago for my birthday however I have no idea if the password recovery is still working.

It goes without saying that due to the database security issues as well as admins not being around very often members should make sure to use a completely unique password.

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

BloodmageR
              Thanks alot for that correction! An error on my side prevented receiving mails from here. HF seems to send mails correctly.

Comment

enimaroah
                I'm glad that was resolved for you. I've been receiving automated emails from the site for PMs but I haven't been active on HF recently otherwise. I still have no idea why De Kus is having problems unless he too has issues with the settings or elsewhere. I'd be curious to know if the forum itself is having issues or if it's simply on his end with the correct email account.

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

With so many errors floating around I hesitate to even change settings let alone logout lest I might be unable to login again from server blacklisting (it happened at one point).
                  For our hearts are joined/I no longer fear anything/The strength and gentleness you have bestowed/Now I shall bestow them upon you this time!/
                  Not going one step further/Embracing strongly the past/Draw the dreams/I shall no longer give in/Let us go meet it/To the future I want realized!

Comment

pingtoryan
                    The bigger problem is the absence moderators with privileges to all public areas. I fear that the growing number of DMCA violations will not be tolerated endlessly.

Comment

Working...
                    X