This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infraction System

First of all, the infraction system is already implemented quite some time ago, but has been rarely used due to the inflexibility of the system. Since the recent upgrade, the infraction system also became more flexible to use. Staffs are now starting to use this feature (again) and is commonly used as warnings for members who breach the rules of the site.

The infraction system is not visible to anyone else. It will only appear on your User Control Profile, and in your profile page (but other members cannot see it). Should you receive an infraction, you will also receive an automated PM stating the offense you have committed.

Here are the common lists of offenses that are default on the infraction system.

1 point(s) = Thank You Spam (especially for Dessie)

2 point(s) = Multiple Posting / Spam Post (for double/consecutive posts)

2 point(s) = Necromancy (reviving old, dead topics)

3 point(s) = Insulting Other Members (ah yes, for flame baiters)

3 point(s) = Signature Rule Violation (please refer to signature guidelines)

3 point(s) = Inappropriate Language (for colorful posts)

3 point(s) = Posting Requests In Wrong Section (usually junior members do this)

3 point(s) = Redundant Thread (this should cover for all those redundant ag3 or sb question threads)

4 point(s) = Licensed Materials (3 strikes = insta tempban)

5 point(s) = Spammed Advertisments (this is usually instant kill when found)

The infraction system also covers the gallery system, and will be mainly used by the gallery moderators.

1 point(s) = Improper Tags (Most common now than Duplicates but I guess this will only be light)

1 point(s) = Comment Spam (Same as Forum Spam)

1 point(s) = Uploading in Wrong Section (For pics found in the wrong section)

2 point(s) = Duplicates (Works only if the Uploaded image is already uploaded. If someone Uploads a Higher Quality version of an existing Image, it doesn't count)

3 point(s) = Flamebaits Works on Comments too for those Members who does that

3 point(s) = Posting Prohibited Images (which includes real life nudity, scat, guro, gross, offensive images)

And for posting Pedophilia / Related Items

10 point(s) = Forbidden Materials/Topic/Issue

Infraction points lasts for 30 days. After that, they are expired.
    Reaching 10 points triggers the instant temp ban for 3 days.

If you have any clarifications or suggestions or violent reactions, feel free to post. This is to inform members of the recent changes that are implemented in the forums.

thank you.

Spoiler
    Originally posted by starcaptor
    I would say Lisa Hayes would probably have the best historical account since shes been on the ship for quite a while. I remember talking to hongfire one on one in the forums for only one thing, and that was...why was the website called hongfire?

Well...I hope my random news won't be affect too much from this system but I bet some people think my stuff is kinda spam (if I post alot in one time). Other than that, I suppose this fully.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (╯‵Д′)╯彡 ┻━┻ Rep me if you like my news......

Comment

**Posting Prohibited Images (which includes real life nudity, scat, guro, gross, offensive images)**

does the scat, guro, gross, offensive images only go to real life images or animated ones too?? i'm confused on that.

Comment

@johnblade. yeah you tend to do that sometimes, but nothing serious. Just keep it moderated.

@animedoll. scat, guro, gross, offensive images encompasses in all image category. so whether it be real life or animated, it still gets booted out.

anymore violent reactions?
        \p/

Spoiler
        I would say Lisa Hayes would probably have the best historical account since shes been on the ship for quite a while. I remember talking to hongfire one on one in the forums for only one thing, and that was...why was the website called hongfire?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Hayes View Post
          @johnblade. yeah you tend to do that sometimes, but nothing serious. Just keep it moderated.

@animedoll. scat, guro, gross, offensive images encompasses in all image category. so whether it be real life or animated, it still gets booted out.

anymore violent reactions?
          \p/
          Ummm, i can see a problem with this one rule.
          Last edited by animedoll; 08-24-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

There is recent rule that a lot of foruns start to use, but I don't get it. Is about reviving old topics.
            Why this should be consider a infraction? If isn't allowed to create double topics and posts, and you searched the forum and found an old topic that is about what you want to post but didn't have your answers, why not use this topic?

And what really define the subject of a thread? Is his title or the content?
            Why can't I marry a nekomimi?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Hayes View Post
              10 point(s) = Forbidden Materials/Topic/Issue
              Yikes! I guess I can consider myself banned forever for these two threads where I discussed loli:
              http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...76#post1603476
              http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...75#post1604975
              I'm often too much of a reactionary person.
              ***Takes a resolution not ever to post again on any thread involving the morality/immorality of loli***

Well... that was the violent reaction for me...
              ~No longer active on HF consequently to have been deceived by the way mods handle unpleasant situations with other mods. You may contact me via my home page.~

Comment

Does the infraction points adds up even if it expired? I just wondering about this because i got 3 points for flaming Lisa and desmonthes with signature. My points are expired and it's still there. Just curious.

Comment

*Gets down one knee*
                  Lisa, will give me the honor of giving my first infraction. I want you and only you to do it!
                  \o? <--- I got my hook curved again!
                  Official HF-Girls Sex Slave! Be Gentle
                  Currently Seeding: Nothing
                  Currently DLing: Nothing

*Surreal999 officially relinqueshes his firey red title of "Sex Slave" given to him by oink37 and bestows it upon cyress8!*
                  *cyress8 slaps it straight on his forehead and brandishes it with pride!*

Comment

when they are expired. it's back to zero. They are just there for records. Sorta like a black book or something.

only active infraction points are counted.

@animedoll. care to expound more?

@Shaidon. Yes, it's really subjective. If the topic revolves around a time-frame or an event, say AnimeCon, and it's over, you don't bump the thread about it since the event is already finished. Topics which are more wide and general are usually left when bumped.
                    In rare cases, moderators may let some topics be bumped but those cases are subject to staff jurisdiction.
                    @Azarius. Don't worry. we don't necessarily have to dig old threads just to use the infraction system. It will be used more effectively starting today.
                    Last edited by Lisa Hayes; 08-24-2008, 10:23 PM.

Spoiler

Comment

I don't see any section in my User CP or Profile for infractions. Does it only show up if you have some?

Also, 2 points for duplicate gallery images? Ouch! I haven't posted pics there in a long time but this infraction rule pretty much guarantees I'll never try again. xD There are thousands of pics in the gallery, sometimes it's impossible to find whether there's a duplicate or not. I don't think this rule is always fair because it's based on whether the original poster had good tags. For example, suppose someone uploaded an Evangelion pic back in 2005 but didn't use the proper tags. Is it fair to give the new poster an infraction when they can't even search for the original pic (due to improper tags)?

Also, another example is for popular categories. Take Touhou pictures for example. There are a lot of Touhou pics in the gallery. It would take a lot of work to sort through every one to make sure there's no duplicates. Back when I was uploading pictures I used to do it but there weren't nearly as many pics in the gallery as there are now.

This doesn't affect me personally because I don't have any plans to upload pictures but I thought I'd bring it up for the sake of others.

Comment

It only shows once you get one, Lisa has made my day with my never ending infraction =3

EDIT: It shows between your subscribed threads and rep list if you are curious where it will show. I GOTS ME A PRETTY YELLOW DOT!
                        Official HF-Girls Sex Slave! Be Gentle
                        Currently Seeding: Nothing
                        Currently DLing: Nothing

*Surreal999 officially relinqueshes his firey red title of "Sex Slave" given to him by oink37 and bestows it upon cyress8!*
                        *cyress8 slaps it straight on his forehead and brandishes it with pride!*

Comment

Originally posted by Shamensyth
                          Not really I think.

If the Original Pic is poorly Tagged then I think that Uploader must be the one given an Infraction instead of the New Uploader (If the New Uploader gives the correct Tags), since it will be unfair if that New Uploader searched first and couldn't find the said pic.

It will also make Uploaders more Responsible and at least try and use the Search Function first before Uploading (There are few who regularly Upload and does that).
                          Well in my example I said if there's a picture with improper tags that has been there for a few years. It's not fair to give an infraction now to a picture that's been in the gallery for years, right?

My point was that there should be some sort of rule where you won't get an infraction for a duplicate image IF the original uploader used improper tags (which you agreed with).

My second example about popular categories is a bit of a gray area. Does the staff expect uploaders to sift through hundreds of Touhou pics, for example, each time they upload a new one? Some of the popular anime and games have a LOT of pictures in the gallery by now, it would be quite a burden to check each time. At least it seems that way..

But yes, I think people should definitely check before uploading their pictures. I'm just concerned about people receiving infraction points over some issues like these.

Originally posted by cyress8 View Post
                          It only shows once you get one, Lisa has made my day with my never ending infraction =3

EDIT: It shows between your subscribed threads and rep list if you are curious where it will show. I GOTS ME A PRETTY YELLOW DOT!
                          Thanks for the info. ^^

Comment

Let's see how long before I get a nice shiny yellow/red dot.. >.> *checks* None.
                            Projects:"Drawing Koakuma-"In Progress",
                            QotD:"Suicide bomb a church full of orphans, walk out alive shouting "It's a miracle!" "
                            Yes I know its broken..

Comment

i'm just trying to figure out how the guro, gross, offensive images is gonna work cause everyone has different tastes and people are offended by different things.-i also can't figure out guro include violence? or is it just the extreme sadist pics?? what about rape?-bondage?
                              Is there going to be a gallery sweep to remove offensive material?
                              GAH! i am soo confused!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X