Forum clock is 8 minutes slow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum clock is 8 minutes slow

I have noticed the forum clock which appears at the bottom of each page is about 8 minutes slow... and is effecting the timestamp of everybody's every single new post??? (it's not just me, is it?)
    I don't know how many people look at the time, and it's not serious I suppose, but I thought it would be great if the time could be corrected.
    I am posting this at 01:56 PM GMT

I noticed that a few days ago, and you're right, it's eight minutes slow. Just one of the many minor problems the staff needs to fix.

Comment

15:18 is my time
      03:09 pm is forum time
      free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
      ~ Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Comment

Oh! It has been fixed!!
        Thank you so much!!!!!

Comment

Wow, that was fast. Considering there are more urgent problems that need fixing, I'm surprised this one was fixed so soon!

Comment

The time is now almost 10 minutes different again.
            How it comes?

Comment

*checks* Yes, it's ten minutes slow for me too.

Comment

I bet the HF server is traveling at the speed of light right now
                sigpic
                Nutaku Account: Silvraph ID: 681271

Comment

Originally posted by ゆとり View Post
                  I have noticed the forum clock which appears at the bottom of each page is about 8 minutes slow... and is effecting the timestamp of everybody's every single new post??? (it's not just me, is it?)
                  I don't know how many people look at the time, and it's not serious I suppose, but I thought it would be great if the time could be corrected.
                  I am posting this at 01:56 PM GMT
                  Someone who joined in Feb 2010 has 3,227 posts already?!

And are you actually a sentient version of some gigantic eroge walkthrough repository?

Comment

Originally posted by KuriosAkantha View Post
                    Someone who joined in Feb 2010 has 3,227 posts already?!

And are you actually a sentient version of some gigantic eroge walkthrough repository?
                    Very regular torrent/DDL forum poster. There are such people who never really leave those forums.
                    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
                    You don't ask why a field burns or a plague spreads.
                    Don't ask why I fight.
                    HF-Lisa. Resistance is futile.
                    HF-Gallery & DDL Mod
                    DDL Section Announcements. Please check regularly
                    See a gallery post duplicate? Report it with a link to the original!

Comment

Is it my imagination or does change the time always when Hongfire gets a "505 Access denied"?
                      Now is it 8 minutes again!

Comment

Originally posted by Watarase Jun View Post
                        Is it my imagination or does change the time always when Hongfire gets a "505 Access denied"?
                        Now is it 8 minutes again!
                        What's a "505 Access Denied"? I don't think I've ever gotten that error before. o.o

Comment

Originally posted by stukasa View Post
                          What's a "505 Access Denied"? I don't think I've ever gotten that error before. o.o
                          It's an error.
                          It was pretty rarely earlier, but now is it almost all 5 minutes on Hongfire, when the site loads dead.

Comment

That's strange, I never get a 505 error. The site is slow and often times it just keeps loading forever. And sometimes it looks like it's still loading when it's actually already posted!

Comment

I post to the site, then have to open another window to continue browsing.

The forum often gets stuck in "posting" mode where the Flash indicator just spins and spins.

In another window, I see the post/edit has already completed.

Also sometimes for 10 or 20 seconds, lots of 500 errors.

This happens on both http and https. I open both versions and they both return errors, then one or the other will suddenly stop and return to normal followed in 5-10 seconds by the other version.

I'm sure most or all of these have been reported at some point, but whatever might help end these issues...

Comment

Working...
                              X