Potentially Harmful Spam-ware Trojan Detected Through Ads On this Site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potentially Harmful Spam-ware Trojan Detected Through Ads On this Site

Okay, this is unacceptable. One of the ads tried to install a fake anti-viral app while I was on this site. To those who are not familiar, these things pretend that some sort of virus is running on your computer. It then conveniently gives you the option of downloading and installing something to clean it. Some of the more malicious versions of these applications actually act as a virus themselves and will only go away if you BUY their so-called software.

This is just a particularly nasty, and sometimes dangerous, form of advertising which more often then not lets even worse stuff come through. I thought this site had better standards when it came to things like this. Apparently not. I'll tell you one thing, if I ever see that happen again, I won't be coming back. It's just not worth it.

One other thing, I've seen more convincing versions of these types of pseudo-virus scanners before as well. If your intent is to try and install damaging software on a persons computer through this site, at least take some pride in your work.
    Last edited by wizardgenx; 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM.

When did this happen to u?
    What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Comment

Working...
    X