This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Unsolved] Bug report after upgrade 11/06/2016

Please report any bugs you see in this thread. Please make sure it's not listed below first

Currently not working (Systems)
    1. Downloads
    2. Gallery
    3. Reputation icons
    4. Avatars

Thanks

##################
    Edit by TheShadow:
    Known bug so far
    Location Error Message Effects Status
    Main Page the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) Unable to open website randomly Unsolved
    Website SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG Unable to use SSL for the website Unsolved
    Website - Footer Server time travel to end of May Show some message at footer Unsolved
    Private Message System Error in java : Post / Post2 Unable to send PM to other users Unsolved
    Message Box Error in java : Post / Post2 Unable to post if message is Quoted Solved
    Message Box None Spoiler Box have no name or icon Unsolved
    Message Box Error Loading Preview: Post Unable to preview post before posting Solved
    Message Box error_converting_message

Error information: " 403 error Forbidden”: Post
    Unable to change to Source Code Solved
    Message Box – Image Upload Local Request Timeout : Post Unable to upload images to server Solved
    Message Box – Image Upload URL Error:
    This is not a valid image file. (upload_invalid_image)
    Unable to upload images to server Unsolved
    Image Preview None It doesn’t open an overlap image, instead it redirects into image URL which result losing the page Unsolved
    Profile File was only partially uploaded due to server problem. Unable to change Avatar Image Unsolved
    Profile Signature is disabled Unable to provide Signature Unsolved
    Post That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message. Unable to Flag posts Solved
    Attachments White Page : Post Unable to download Attachments Unsolved
    Visitor Message Doesn't Display After posting Visitor Message, the Message doesn't show until refresh the page Unsolved
    Last edited by TheShadow; 06-12-2016, 01:30 AM.
    What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Got Error when i try to delete the "Flag Reports" in my Message Center. Also, clicking on the links gives me the message "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

Click image for larger version

Name:	HF_Err1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	5677570

Anime Girls - Transformers and Shoot-em-ups, you're Rolling Out with the right one

SP's Wingmen: Aeji, afarinah, Brave Magnus, Dark One, devilsmaster, Girogex, gmanime, hamtaro1113, Huway, LoneGunMan, Judau Ashta, mikeroach113, Shamensyth, Zargon Maximus

Comment

Originally posted by HongFire View Post

I was wondering why no one reply in the announcements topic. Was just about to ask. So you guys can view the threads in announcements but can't reply to it?
      In none of the announcements threads you created I was able to post anything, although the "Post Reply" button is shown. There is no edit box at the bottom either.

Not a bug, but a request. The first post on later pages would be my top #1.

There is no "Move Post" in the moderation options, a bug or currently switched off?

Edit:
      post #2 in that thread works, but this does not, it takes me to the FP. I used the working example to show that Japanese characters seem to work in general.

Edit2:
      now the same post with the repeating #{post ID} syntax. Alright, that works. URLs without #{post ID} are generated e.g. in "HF-modding/translation" and later pages
      Last edited by enimaroah; 06-16-2016, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Strange you should be able to upload avatar. did you try a smaller size one?

I was wondering why no one reply in the announcements topic. Was just about to ask. So you guys can view the threads in announcements but can't reply to it?
        Well I did not. I did tried uploading a different picture and it worked.

Yeah, I thought those announcements were locked.

Comment

Yeah, they seem to be restricted to only allow mods and admins. As mentioned, the reply button is available, but does nothing when clicked, and there is no quick reply box available. The thread doesn't display as locked and I saw no symbol or text suggesting it was restricted access, but the only assumption I can make is that normal members, VIPs, donors, etc. are restricted from that subforum; it's the only one I've noticed that does this.
          Do I need to say anything?
          [/URL]
          I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

Avatars enabled again is good, but just 120x120 pixels, I guess, so the old wide avatars do not even work properly anymore...

赤いオンドリ - 僕はオタクです!
            34 years of ero animations (1984-2017)

Comment

Originally posted by redrooster View Post
              Avatars enabled again is good, but just 120x120 pixels, I guess, so the old wide avatars do not even work properly anymore...
              I agree, I hope the size is increased or that veterans can have larger avatars again like last time.

I did not upload anything, my old profile picture seemed to carry over and get cropped.
              #1 Aojiru Fan! The High Prophet of Inyouchuu, Lewd Demon Bugs

Tentacle Club | MeiohSubs | Tentacle Tumblr | Artbook scans! - Inyouchuu Etsu / Aojiru Works

Comment

There does seem to be a bit of a bug when trying to upload an avatar from an image host since when I get to the resize part it flashes up a message that it isn't a valid image file and keeps on popping up when I try to continue on from that part.

The image was my old avatar (which I'm now using since I managed to download it from the host and use the upload option which does work) which is 75 square and is hosted on photobucket so host blocking isn't the problem.

Comment

eta on when download area will be up again?
                  people are bumping thread for re-up cause download area is down.

Comment

That reminds me, when I uploaded my avatar again (from my computer, not an image host), it didn't allow me to resize it; it just flashed up the dialogue and dropped it before I could read it. This was only on the one I'm using currently, though; the wider one (which became resized) showed it, and when I clicked into that dialogue without inputting an image, it showed it.

It's not terribly bothersome in my case, because this image is close to the size constraints (perhaps why it skipped?), but if it's happening to others with images that they'd want to resize, then it may become an issue.
                    Do I need to say anything?
                    [/URL]
                    I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

• Thanks guys for reporting. We are working on it. There is also some permission bug on the forum. For example you guys should be able to reply threads in the announcement forum. Even with settings enabled you guys can't seem to reply.

I've already sent a support ticket to the software developers. they are looking into it.

We are trying to fix all the bugs as soon as possible.

Comment

• ^

This seems to be the exact opposite for Groups, members can enter moderated groups and post in there eventhough they're not part of said groups.
                        Posting in a group also increases the post count, this wasn't the case before IIRC. Not sure if that's a bug though, it could be the forum settings.

Regards,
                        Snooley

Comment

• Download counters don't seem to work anymore.
                          My launchers: Koikatsu, Play Home, Honey ♥ Select, Secrossphere, Sexy Beach : Premium Resort ...
                          and my MEGA folder with updates for all Unity-based ILLUSION titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snooley View Post
                            ^

This seems to be the exact opposite for Groups, members can enter moderated groups and post in there eventhough they're not part of said groups.
                            Posting in a group also increases the post count, this wasn't the case before IIRC. Not sure if that's a bug though, it could be the forum settings.

Regards,
                            Snooley
                            Hi can you tell me which group is that. Also do can they still post?
                            -----

Also can you guys try to reply in the http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-announcements see if you guys can reply now?

Comment

• No change for me, cant reply in Server time travel to end of May.

Comment

• I believe the thread caching is still suffering from huge issues.

Here's how it looks like :

Here, I'm a looking at the first post on the first page of the Honey Select Pre-release thread while being logged as Dr Yoshi. It is still showing the very first version of the message, the one I write last week.
                                If I edit my message, it's showing me a whole different version of the message. The Editor Preview is showing me the post version from yesterday.
                                But if I check the post history, you can see that the database has been properly updated with the latest edits I made. What is shown on the forum is totally outdated, implying a cache issue.
                                To make things clear, I checked the exact same thread in "Incognito Mode" (non-logged user). The forum is now showing another whole different version from 5 days ago. But ironically, it says "Last Edit : Yesterday" while the true last edit was made a couple hours ago, as shown by the edit history from the previous image.

So, HongFire, it would be great if I could have some feedback on this issue :
                                • Are you using any caching software like Varnish or memcached ? Did you double-check their configuration ?
                                • It's probably unrelated, since I'm browsing without any local cache (as shown by the dev tools), but are you using mod_headers or mod_expires ? Those also have caching directives, so you also should double-check your .htaccess files.
                                • Did you follow the recommendation I made a few pages ago and rebuilt the post caches, index caches and various counters ? I know, this is going to make the server choke a bit for a couple hours/days depending on the size of the db, but this has become necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X