Clear All

• [Unsolved] Attachment related bugs 25/06/2016

Some attachment bug I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachmentbug.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	5681204

What happen is I first uploaded 2 images as photo. And then after posting the topic. I went back in and tried to make a bigger thumbnail for the images I've already uploaded as photo by selecting insert > large. Then I will get this error message.

Also if a image is uploaded as photo there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it, by selecting edit photo and click on the remove icon doesn't seem to work. Have to delete the whole post in order to delete that photo?

Thanks.
    What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

The new editor allows to paste an image from the clipboard which is immediately shown, although you dont see any uploading. You can see the result when converting your input with the "Source" button. The feature would be cool if it would work.

Spoiler
    Last edited by enimaroah; 06-29-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I suppose my Signature also counts as one (Having Signature can be re-enabled in the User Settings->Account->Conversation Detail Options - Visible Post Elements - Show Signatures)

First I saw my signature picture just shown as being named "sigpic" and when I re-uploaded it to HF (making it an attachment) it it was shown like it should be however now it is only read as [/ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_292719_1467148536048_916[/ATTACH] (without the additional slash, otherwise it tries to show the pic indeed, even if I wrap code tags around it, which should afaik disable the code being read but maybe that was just mah ol' MyBB. Incidentally it is a small .gif and here, Let me try reuploading it:
      Spoiler

Name:	le whip.gif
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	5683331

Last edited by SakuraKoi; 06-29-2016, 10:37 AM.
      I am a cream whip, nothing more and nothing less.
      Oh, and I am a cream whip that made a List of CM3D2 Mods [Always WIP and totally NSFW], mind you.

Comment

I was currently uploading 2 topics in the gallery and I keep encountering a huge bug.

I am trying to upload some more/new pictures to the gallery and when I upload it refuses to display the correct size. I noticed that png files were sort of work sometimes and sometimes it would not work. So I just kept using jpg/jpeg files or converted them to jpg/jpeg.

Now when I try to upload a jpg/jpeg it just shrinks to an extremely smaller size that it is suppose to be. Seems like none of the options for size work. It wasn't always like this, but it did start for myself as of yesterday July 8th 2016 at 3:07 PST. I was in the The Girls of Overwatch [NSFW] and Japanese Idols [NSFW] when this happened. I even tried to start a new topic to see if it was just that particular topic(s) but the new topic had the same problem so I canceled it.

Example:

Large size

Name:	20130104_134201.jpg
Size:	952 Bytes
ID:	5687504

Full size

ID:	5687505

Medium

ID:	5687506

Small

ID:	5687507

Ok, I just uploaded a few images on other sites and it was good uploads. So it is happening here and I am not sure if anyone else is encountering this problem.
        Last edited by KensaiAkamei; 07-09-2016, 02:19 AM. Reason: more text

Comment

Happened to me as well when I uploaded an image in png format. The image was converted into jpg and rescaled. When I converted the image myself and uploaded the jpg the image was not rescaled. For uploading I used the "Upload Attachment" button on the right hand side not the "Share Photos" on the left.

Comment

Yeah that is what I have been using since the upgrade, the "Upload Attachment" button on the right. I still can't get the images to upload correctly to their designated size. Even if I try to convert the file to another. It still won't work.

Comment

Wow, just tried it again. Seems to be working. Maybe it had some weird internal processing error and needed a day clock refresh to fix. Sweet, now to get to work.

Comment

....I spoke too soon, sob....

Comment

Ok this attachment bug is really bad. I cannot upload anything without it being extremely unsatisfying and I am not the only one experiencing it. Several other members and an uploader are experiencing the same problem. They clearly said so in the -Gallery-Wallpaper Battle July 2016 posts #11 and #12 and perhaps #7 too but didn't say anything although he clearly put a link to imgur. Hopefully we can resolve and fix this bug because I really enjoy uploading and seeing some uploads in the gallery.

Comment

During the last week several members complained about problems with uploading images to their posts. Were there changes made in HF which would explain that?

I will post the links to the posts if that helps.

Comment

I do not seem to have a problem from my PC.

Name:	panda_kiss.gif
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	5767830

Comment

One of them illustrated the problem.

Name:	df4837d117966f9ae41c3fdc6cc556d2.jpg
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	5768088