This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad ad complaints

If there is a problem with the ads post it here to let us know.
    If you want to discuss the ads please do it in another thread. This thread is to let staff know about problems only.

Today I logged in with Internet Explorer and when I hit the forum page I got hit with 4 spyware attacks. If it happens again I'll try to spot what ad it was but this time my firewall kicked in and closed my browser. On a side not Shragei, what causes the ads to get viruses in the first place? I doubt that the Hongfire staff nor the advertisers want to infect visitors so I'm wondering how the viruses get there in the first place.

Comment

Had a few ads this past week from one of those yellow pages phone books, (maybe yellowbook.com) that redirected me away from here to one of their pages, sneaky ones too that made it so you couldn't go 'back' to the page you were on before. No biggie, but thought I'd mention it.

Comment

Just has a dodgy page link from a underlined word, didn't mean to click it but it happened, regardless it redirected me and I just had to shut off Firefox to get rid of it.

Had a type of loop on it saying to get back to your page you have to "run/install this free spyware tester", if thats not dodgy I don't know what is.

Comment

If you are seeing underlined links in forum posts, you have adware. These are not forum ads and you can catch it from anywhere.

ja ne

Comment

I was getting ADSOLUTION.net blocked with spy sweeper...But it has been weeks since I seen it
            Rule #6: Observe Signature & Avatar Guidelines.

Signatures, avatars and personal photos are to be appropriate content for all ages and within our specified limits. Signature limits: 700 pixels in width, 150 pixels in height and 100kb max in combined images overall and/or a maximum 5 lines of text with a font size of 1 is allowed. Invalid signatures can and most likely will be removed without warning.

Comment

There is an add with like basketball and stuff where its just nonstop screaming and whistling and no way to shut it up can you get rid of that one.

also got an autoforward:
              http://www.asklots.com/jump1/?affili...xgbz&mr=1&rc=0
              Last edited by BlackStar; 09-20-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah, today while i've been on antivir has detected " 'HTML/Malicious.PDF.Gen [virus]' "

Happened 4 or more times already in a short span,every time it happened opera said it was getting something from nnv.bnmka.info

Not sure if this in the right place.....
                A rep is worth a thousand words

Comment

Today, the site ad that popped up from the bottom of the screen did not have any images. It was just a dark shade of red...

I thought that I should mention it... since it did not seem normal.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TSR View Post
                    If you are seeing underlined links in forum posts, you have adware. These are not forum ads and you can catch it from anywhere.

ja ne
                    Are you sure? I checked other websites/forums and this is the only site that they appear on. I even ran a complete anti-virus/debug program a few days ago, and they're still there...
                    (Sorry for the double post. I just felt that I should let you guys know about this...)

EDIT: I'm being randomly redirected to ad sites every few pages. It's really getting annoying.
                    Last edited by th8827; 09-20-2009, 08:00 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

AdDoctor
                      I keep getting this auto forward recently on the site, sends me to a p[age to make it look like it is scanning my computer, I try to hit back or close and it gives me a popup asking me am I sure I want to leave, either one I choose it doesn't seem to ever go back, I end up having to close the window. It also tries to start a download.

Comment

Originally posted by TSR View Post

ja ne
                        No, this only happens on this forum and a few specific warez sites (possibly those that are sponsored by infolinks). They randomly underline some phrases in the forum, not fixed texts every time.

Comment

could you take a screenshot also tell me the address of the site? so I can send a report to the ad company to have it blocked. Thanks.
                          What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
                          http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Comment

Here. Not all ads are from shaadi.com tho, infolinks is probably the problem.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by sailabc1; 09-20-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

auto foward on the forum page is getting somewhat annoying. it not so much the ads, but the fact that i can hit "back" go back to what I was reading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ads.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	4815565

Comment

Working...
                              X