This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "Hongfire Update" Thread

I'm currently writing out a document containing different changes and updates
    of what I would like to see done on Hongfire.com, and then presenting it to
    TSR, and Lisa Hayes, and see if we can't get some of these bugs and changes
    to be completed instead of the "hiatus" we seem to be stuck in.

I know there are some other threads for suggestions and that, but I want to
    make a compilation of things that you, the users of this forum, would like to
    see...I know some of you would have some crazy ideas!

So far, my list contains:

1) Fixing the menu bar
    - Replacing torrents/ddls with the mods sections
    - Adding back in FlashChat
    - Removing the Wiki

2) Remove trading thread

3) Organize Technology Sub Section
    - Replace Linux with "Mobile/Other OS"
    - Smart Phones / Gadgets & Smart Phones combined into "Mobile Hardware"
    - Remove company review

4) Update Club Houses Sub Section
    ...haven't gotten around to how to do this yet

5) Roleplaying Sub Section could go into The Underground as its sub section

6) Future ideas on possibly getting our tracker/torrents back

7) Flagging, Captcha and other attempts at curbing spam bots
    ...and that's about as far as I've gotten.

Please help me flesh this out more as I want to present this in a viable way
    and help get this forum re-energized!
    Last edited by darkandshadow; 12-11-2012, 05:22 AM. Reason: Updated

Originally posted by Bond Travolta View Post
    I just remembered.
    The last april fool the onion emoticons were replaced with ponies as a joke and it was said the origional onions were going to be restored eventually. However, some are still in their pony form and I hope they could be restored to their former glory if possible?
    I just remembered.
    The last april fool the onion emoticons were replaced with ponies as a joke and it was said the origional onions were going to be restored eventually. However, some are still in their pony form and I hope they could be restored to their former glory if possible?
    I just remembered.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++. Quoted thrice for triple justice. This is important.

Comment

Since updates are now underway, doing anything about the ponies that overwrote a few onions? You can always keep the ponies if Shragei wants them, but hope you restore onions using different codes then. Pretty please? <- See why?

Comment

LOL I feel you. I come back and found my signature changed to a pony lol
        What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
        http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Comment

Just a few small irks, most likely people have mentioned this already. Clicking on the tab for the gallery (which has since moved to the second place, it used to be in the third spot) sends you to the gallery, but the tab still says 'Forum'. The gallery thumbnails still annoyingly cover up portions of the text. And again, the onion smileys. You can keep all the ponies, even restore the ones that used to be there during the April Fool a few years back, but give them different codes. I'm sure there are some people would want to use the ponies, but I want all the old onion heads back.

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

Also as a spam thread just reminded me... I don't exactly use the new user form very often (read: at all), but did you guys implement some sort of captcha? On registration form or for the first few posts of a new user.

Comment

Originally posted by sailabc1 View Post
              Also as a spam thread just reminded me... I don't exactly use the new user form very often (read: at all), but did you guys implement some sort of captcha? On registration form or for the first few posts of a new user.
              Checked the registration form, and it has the usual "copy the random alphabets into the box" kind of captcha. And so far i've seen a few movie spambots running around still (not much but still some left).

And for a selfish request: think its a good idea to create an idolm@ster club in the Offical club section? The revival of the touhou section got me thinking about it.
              Last edited by sithstormjedi; 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM. Reason: alphabet not words.

Comment

Originally posted by sithstormjedi View Post
                Checked the registration form, and it has the usual "copy the random alphabets into the box" kind of captcha. And so far i've seen a few movie spambots running around still (not much but still some left).

And for a selfish request: think its a good idea to create an idolm@ster club in the Offical club section? The revival of the touhou section got me thinking about it.
                Yeah, seems to be the exact same spambot with the same lines every time. Extremely annoying and it's targeting the member's introduction this time. >.>

As for the Idolm@ster club idea. According to Lisa in this thread, you need to post an "Unofficial" thread here and if there is enough activity then it may be eventually added. I'd recommend making a thread there first~

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by sailabc1 View Post
                  I just setup a new blocker hopefully it will stop bots registering.

Originally posted by sithstormjedi View Post
                  you can first made a group http://www.hongfire.com/forum/group.php and try to get more people to join your group. If there is enough activity and user join your group. Then your group will be promoted to a club and receive your own club forum section and you will be promoted to leader and will have moderator power for your own club forum.

Originally posted by BloodmageR View Post
                  Yeah, seems to be the exact same spambot with the same lines every time. Extremely annoying and it's targeting the member's introduction this time. >.>

As for the Idolm@ster club idea. According to Lisa in this thread, you need to post an "Unofficial" thread here and if there is enough activity then it may be eventually added. I'd recommend making a thread there first~
                  Yeah as long as we have enough demand and activity we will add it. So if anyone want to make any clubs pelase go ahead, start a thread or group first and start getting members
                  What screen resolution are you using in 2016?
                  http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum/...-using-in-2016

Comment

Originally posted by HongFire View Post
                    I just setup a new blocker hopefully it will stop bots registering.
                    I found 2 bot accounts spamming again, so it seems it's not working...
                    "Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, `if you only walk long enough." - The Cheshire Cat

"All around the Sta-actus plant, the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun - POP! Goes the bandit!" - Tiny Tina

Comment

I decided to resurrect this thread to give this idea consideration once more. I'm not suggesting the shoutbox as anything permanent, just something temporary that we can use before the admins finish repairing the flashchat.

EDIT: Looks like someone moved my post here. I thought I posted in the right place, my apologies
                      Last edited by xxGODLIKExx; 12-05-2014, 04:49 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxGODLIKExx View Post
                        I decided to resurrect this thread to give this idea consideration once more. I'm not suggesting the shoutbox as anything permanent, just something temporary that we can use before the admins finish repairing the flashchat.
                        It's probably just as much of a hassle for them to put shoutbox in the frontpage as making Flashchat work again. And in my opinion shoutbox wouldn't look as good or be as useful anyway. As a suggestion I think you should have just added it to the HongFire update thread instead.

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

When I make a comment against a post, it gets posted successfully but it still shows "Working..." on top of page and my cursor spins a circle like it's still busy. Refreshing page fixes it though.

Comment

Any update on avatars?
                            #1 Aojiru Fan! The High Prophet of Inyouchuu, Lewd Demon Bugs

Tentacle Club | MeiohSubs | Tentacle Tumblr | Artbook scans! - Inyouchuu Etsu / Aojiru Works

Comment

Working...
                            X