HF Useless tabs and forums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF Useless tabs and forums

So allot has changed since i signed up and its still the same old HF and allot is left unused. If bt is no longer allowed it should be removed right? Old threads that havent had interaction in 2 or so years should be deleted dont you think? If a person is perma banned shouldnt they be removed from your friends list and removed from hf altogether? It just seems theres allot left over that is no longer needed that can be cleaned up.

Actually bt/DDL section was just added in again recently in August 2015 however with the activity level(or lack thereof) you're right it might not justify the tab space. I don't agree with deleting old threads since they're valuable resources/history of the forum however locking them and perhaps even moving them to a "graveyard" section is a good thought to clean up the viewing space on the forum. I don't feel it's necessary to automatically remove permabanned users from friendslist but honestly I just like knowing who I added over the years. Nobody is "removed" completely from HF unless under extreme circumstances and you can't even request that sort of thing but their offensive posts might be removed.

I do feel the less used sections can be reorganized or removed, such as clubs/roleplaying/etc. and more of an emphasis placed on creative projects. Also there's a thread over here for forum improvement suggestions~

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodmageR View Post
      Actually bt/DDL section was just added in again recently in August 2015 however with the activity level(or lack thereof) you're right it might not justify the tab space. I don't agree with deleting old threads since they're valuable resources/history of the forum however locking them and perhaps even moving them to a "graveyard" section is a good thought to clean up the viewing space on the forum. I don't feel it's necessary to automatically remove permabanned users from friendslist but honestly I just like knowing who I added over the years. Nobody is "removed" completely from HF unless under extreme circumstances and you can't even request that sort of thing but their offensive posts might be removed.

I do feel the less used sections can be reorganized or removed, such as clubs/roleplaying/etc. and more of an emphasis placed on creative projects. Also there's a thread over here for forum improvement suggestions~
      It just feels allot of stuff is bloat and wasted space nowadays so what you said can work too. Thanks ill check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zetchzie View Post
        It just feels allot of stuff is bloat and wasted space nowadays so what you said can work too. Thanks ill check it out.
        The vast majority of "new" sections/sub-sections were added in September 2011 shortly before the DMCA so at the time it seemed like HF was incredibly active and it would be useful but they've mostly just crowded up the space since then. I agree with you and I've mentioned for years about "streamlining" the site so it's more visually appealing to new members as well as encouraging casual browsing but the top staff have been incredibly busy. Anyway, I must admit I am glad that the staff do a good job dealing with the spam bots, those are ridiculously annoying and seeing them rampant in the threads would dissuade users from being active more than anything.

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodmageR View Post
          The vast majority of "new" sections/sub-sections were added in September 2011 shortly before the DMCA so at the time it seemed like HF was incredibly active and it would be useful but they've mostly just crowded up the space since then. I agree with you and I've mentioned for years about "streamlining" the site so it's more visually appealing to new members as well as encouraging casual browsing but the top staff have been incredibly busy. Anyway, I must admit I am glad that the staff do a good job dealing with the spam bots, those are ridiculously annoying and seeing them rampant in the threads would dissuade users from being active more than anything.
          I look back on my old threads and cringe lol. Now I just hang around the game mods comunity to help. Anyways im off to bed take care BloodmageR

Comment

Some of the threads on the stickies I consider them kinda useless. Lack of updates and stuff that is not really relevant anymore.

Comment

The DDL & BT tab was placed there because there was a lack of activity after the section went live, but it hasn't improved that much.

Also if someone decides to derp out and revive a long since dead thread, then just report it and it will be dealt with whenever a moderator for the specific section is available (sticky thread are exempt from the no dead thread revival rule).

Comment

Working...
              X