Seafood restaurant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafood restaurant?

For the guys who like to eat out, what seafood restaurants do you like? I keep seeing Red lobster on TV but my friend said it's not that good. They recommend Pappadeaux. Also, I heard about Joe's crab sack and the boiling crab but never try them
    If my enemy is a magical girl, I will not stand in awe as she goes airborne, drops all of her clothes, and starts spinning in preparation to transform. I will wait until her regular clothes are gone, then yank her down and start fighting. If her shock at my breaking the Law of Uninterruptable Metamorphosis doesn't paralyze her, the fact that she's in her birthday suit will.
    If I Ever Become an Anime Villain, an Evil-Overlord-inspired list.

Red Slobster & Joes Crabs Shack are basically what you expect them to be, a high end version of Long John Silvers.... Haven't heard of Pappadeaux, but it might be a regional. For me the best seafood usually involves getting to someplace coastal, then finding a Chinese grocery store. Ask a couple of the clerks where THEY go when they want good seafood. I can honestly say some of the best fish I have had in my life were served in Chinese and Japanese restaurants.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
    Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"

Comment

Pappadeaux is a Southern chain that specializes in Cajun style seafood. It is spicy. Red Lobster is not too bad but expensive for what you get. There is a place in Texas called Rock Fish. they are a chain but I don't know where all they cover. They have good seafood and serve other as well.
      “If Apple made a car would it have windows?"

Comment

Boiling Crab...Yummy... (There are actually tons of seafood restaurants I like, it all depends on my mood.)

Comment

I always see the Red Lobster ads on tv and it drives me up the wall because there aren't any where I live. They don't have the greatest of reputations though so I shouldn't complain too much. Never heard of Pappadeux however. Crab is awesome, especially with black bean sauce. I prefer the rock crab to the alaskan king crab however, if you want decent legs on a king crab you need to shell out a gazillion bucks for a giant one and pray there's someone to split the bill with. The best seafood restaurant I've ever been to closed down, it was called The Seven Seas and was a floating restaurant. Converted ferry boat serving an all you can eat seafood buffet with everything from clam chowder to frog legs for $20. Just unbelievable. Oh yeah, smoked salmon is delicious. Along with BBQ eel. If you can find a decent chinese dim sum place ha gow, prawn dumplings, are a favorite.
          "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."

Comment

Originally posted by Karis Fra Mauro View Post
            I always see the Red Lobster ads on tv and it drives me up the wall because there aren't any where I live. They don't have the greatest of reputations though so I shouldn't complain too much. Never heard of Pappadeux however. Crab is awesome, especially with black bean sauce. I prefer the rock crab to the alaskan king crab however, if you want decent legs on a king crab you need to shell out a gazillion bucks for a giant one and pray there's someone to split the bill with. The best seafood restaurant I've ever been to closed down, it was called The Seven Seas and was a floating restaurant. Converted ferry boat serving an all you can eat seafood buffet with everything from clam chowder to frog legs for $20. Just unbelievable. Oh yeah, smoked salmon is delicious. Along with BBQ eel. If you can find a decent chinese dim sum place ha gow, prawn dumplings, are a favorite.
            ah the seven seas. i've been there a few times.
            Alot of small chinese restaurants closed because of the damned HST. And added that the asian food quality competition.

As for seafood i usually eat at Chinese family restaurants and sometimes sushi places.
            I usually grab my seasonal fishes like sockeye salmon at the Fisherman's wharf.

But as for seafoods in America... the only one i know of is Ivar's Fish bar down at Seattle.

Damn i miss eating seafood now. Here at Taichung Taiwan, the food served is too heavily seasoned for my tastes. The fish variety is great. But sadly most of the food served at restaurants cannot compare to the ones served back at Vancouver...
            And can you believe that Sushi here is factory mass produced and then shipped to common sushi places which are actually Conveyor belt served restaurant with one or two chefs that drop the food on the belt and other small jobs?
            Last edited by sithstormjedi; 03-14-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Talking about Jap and Chinese food, I know a place called TokyoOne, 25 bucks for dinner, pretty expensive but they have all kind of sushi, king crab legs, boiled dungeness crabs, seafood hot pot, so it's pretty nice.

About BBQ eel, I like it, especially after watching the last episode of Denpa Otoko but so far they only sell it on sushi.
              If my enemy is a magical girl, I will not stand in awe as she goes airborne, drops all of her clothes, and starts spinning in preparation to transform. I will wait until her regular clothes are gone, then yank her down and start fighting. If her shock at my breaking the Law of Uninterruptable Metamorphosis doesn't paralyze her, the fact that she's in her birthday suit will.
              If I Ever Become an Anime Villain, an Evil-Overlord-inspired list.

Comment

In some asian superstores (japanese/korean) they usually sell BBQ Eel in a package where you can just open and eat it like that and serve it with rice.

Comment

i've only been to Red Lobster once, and it was pretty average. My friend said his wife LOVES the cheddar biscuits, and I'm a cheese person, but they weren't that good to me.
                  I've had some good crab soup in Baltimore, a lot of places like to add sherry, which is great, and one place even topped it with a softshell crab.
                  <Haruhi-ism #17> <Type-Moon #144>

Comment

Red lobster is pretty great and yeah those biscuits are the shit um sometimes me and my family go to a restaurant in Texas called Seaisland which is pretty great
                    Florida has amazing seafood though if you want some good shit
                    We usually get a grouper sandwich down there when we go
                    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”
                    ― Norman Cousins

Comment

I know a great place, it's one of those "all you can eat" restaurants with a funny owner:
                      Spoiler
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_293080_1467446443955_602[/ATTACH]

Comment

I got some discount coupons for a frying dutchman burger at de dutch pannekoek house, but I don't think they have seafood BBQ eel on sushi is nice but yeah it's pretty tiny. If it's unagi donburi it's a bit more substantial. There's an asian supermarket chain called T & T supermarket that sells a nice big eel for $10 or so. I don't even bother with rice, just scarf down the entire thing and spent the next hour happily digesting with a grin on my face.

Comment

I got some discount coupons for a frying dutchman burger at de dutch pannekoek house, but I don't think they have seafood BBQ eel on sushi is nice but yeah it's pretty tiny. If it's unagi donburi it's a bit more substantial. There's an asian supermarket chain called T & T supermarket that sells a nice big eel for $10 or so. I don't even bother with rice, just scarf down the entire thing and spent the next hour happily digesting with a grin on my face.
                          The eel tastes better if you buy the sauce for it.
                          I like eating it as a donburi. As a sushi... not so much. My favorite sushi is Saba (mackerel) both light or heavy marinated (raw mackerel is rare)

Comment

Happily the $10 eel comes with sauce. I just wish they'd sell it at a discount after 6 PM like they do their deli stuff. Saba eh? I don't go out for sushi too much these days, there's so many low quality pseudo-japanese places out there it's easy to get tricked. Everyone makes a huge deal about Tojo's being the best place for sushi in Vancouver but $18 for a single roll?! The only people who can afford that are asain tycoons visiting here to snag all the property and gangsters looking to spend the proceeds from their grow-ops. I used to love a restaurant called The Clubhouse run by a pervent who'd only hire waitresses with gigantic boobs. Alas he sold it to new management and it's just like any other place.

Comment

Happily the $10 eel comes with sauce. I just wish they'd sell it at a discount after 6 PM like they do their deli stuff. Saba eh? I don't go out for sushi too much these days, there's so many low quality pseudo-japanese places out there it's easy to get tricked. Everyone makes a huge deal about Tojo's being the best place for sushi in Vancouver but $18 for a single roll?! The only people who can afford that are asain tycoons visiting here to snag all the property and gangsters looking to spend the proceeds from their grow-ops. I used to love a restaurant called The Clubhouse run by a pervent who'd only hire waitresses with gigantic boobs. Alas he sold it to new management and it's just like any other place.
                              Your in vancouver yes? Try Richmond sushi/ Kingsway sushi (one near metro town) they are very nice places to eat at.

Comment

Working...
                              X