This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juas View Post
    Actually it will. But well, I won't be surprise is they just forget everything and don't make anything.
    15 minutes later: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...-vegetarianism
    Here's some +rep for you BloodmageR. Not like you'd care about it but still.

Okay, let's stop bumping the thread. Too bad there aren't any currently active members in Tokyo where Juas currently is. It would've made a great interview.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by xxGODLIKExx View Post
      15 minutes later: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...-vegetarianism
      Here's some +rep for you BloodmageR. Not like you'd care about it but still.

Okay, let's stop bumping the thread. Too bad there aren't any currently active members in Tokyo where Juas currently is. It would've made a great interview.
      Yeah, but can see who had to made the thread, the same that asked other to make it if they wanted to talk about.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_293080_1467446443955_602[/ATTACH]

Comment

• tmvaegis' interview

After a lengthy drive from Sacramento, I arrive at my interviewee’s hometown. After taking in some of the pleasant atmosphere of this tree-filled city, I arrive at the downtown destination he specified. It looks to be the central city park of the downtown area, with people coming and going about their business in a relaxed sort of manner.

There are benches, as well as a large fountain where people are taking pictures or focused strongly on their phones. On one of the benches is a thin, dark haired guy playing an acoustic guitar, seemingly in his own world. I was about to spare some cash when I recognized tmvaegis based on his description and approached him. Within feet from him, he seemed to remember why he was there in the first place, smiled widely at me, and stood up to shake my hand. After a few minutes of pleasantries (and a bag of potato chips he shared with me), I take a seat next to him on the bench, take all I need and we proceed with the interview.

Q: Why have you chosen this place for the interview?

A: Aside from the home I was born and raised in, there is no better place I’d like to be other than here. *He pauses for a moment* It’s the atmosphere, you know? If you want to experience this city in the best way, you come downtown. As you can see *he points to his guitar, now in its case*, sadly, guitars have been my most loyal friends. *Laughs* Plus, while I’m here, I can feel inspired, yet relaxed, knowing that this is my hometown, and this is where I’ve always belonged. *He laughed to himself, then exclaims proudly* My roots are deep here!

I nod and smile to myself looking around. I have to admit that every time I’ve visited other countries, I’ve always liked to just sit in a park and see… well, life.

Q: That’s pretty cool. How do you see yourself in HF?

A: *He sighs deeply* Ah, the ole’ Hongfire. You know what’s funny? *He pauses to allow me to shake my head. He smiles deeply.* I can’t even remember how or why I got on HF in the first place! *He chuckles* Seriously, no clue.

Such sincerity makes me laugh.

A: At any rate, hmm. *He pauses, briefly, staring at the fountain in a moment of Zen* Mostly, I just think of myself as another member. When I joined HF, I was just another lonely guy who needed somewhere to escape. Somehow I found myself on HF, discovered Sexy Beach 3, and it just kinda snowballed from there. *He smirks to one side of his mouth* I guess you could say my specialty is creating women for others to observe and enjoy, and that’s basically it. Whether they like them or not, oh well, *he laughs* at least I tried. I try to be helpful, when I can, but quite often I lurk in the usual threads for H-games I enjoy.

Q: How do you think others see you in HF?

A: *He raises an eyebrow at me, then grabs a potato chip* Now that is something I try not to think about. But how do I think they see me? *He stares lucidly at the fountain again, then turns back to me* I suppose there are a few ways I believe they would see me. One, being that I’m a guy who takes pride in creating girls for games like AG3, AA2, and PlayClub. The other, on a slightly more negative note, would be that he’s a guy who’s obsessed with breasts and hates loli’s.

We both share a laugh… wait, what did he say about lolis!? I laugh even harder.

A: Hate is a too strong word, though. No, I’m not a fan of loli’s or what they represent, but I understand there are quite a few who love them with a borderline obsession, so it’s best not to say anything. Different strokes for different folks, really.

They are just fetishes and I’ve seen a lot of weird stuff in Japan about all kind of things, as I always say, I’m pretty happy staying in the surface. We just look around a bit, I stare at some running girl’s ass a few and then come back to reality.

Q: So... how is tmvaegis outside of HF?

A: *He chuckles and smiles* I’d like to think I’m pretty much the same person outside of HF that I am on it. In actuality, I’d say that’s pretty accurate. I’m laid-back, sarcastic, love to talk about music and movies. I’m definitely less perverted *he grins*, for sure. *He nods slightly to the front of him* You see that girl with the glasses and short, black hair?

I look in that direction and nod, grabbing a potato chip he offers from his bag

A: Well, right now, I’m thinking, “Damn, she’s cute”, and that’s all that would come out of it. Where I’m at right now in my life, I don’t want a relationship. *He shakes his head and looks down, then looks up at me again* I’m content with the quiet life I live right now, you know? A life without stress or negativity.

Q: You wouldn’t believe how much I agree with that.

Although when we both smile, we can’t hide the sadness in our eyes very well.

Q: This takes us pretty well to our next question, what’s your current situation?

A: *He looks at me and pauses for a while* It’s pretty pathetic, I gotta say. As it stands, I’m struggling to find another job. Sometimes I wonder if getting my degree was really worth it, in the end. *He sighs* This country is in worse shape than people realize, but I’d be a fool to blame anything or anybody but myself. I love music, but what good is an AA if it has nothing to do with music? All my old friends in this city have either moved on, or mostly, just people I don’t want to be around. I don’t like drinking, smoking, or any of that shit, so that basically makes me an outcast around here. *Laughs* HF has been my sanctuary, though. There’s some cool people on there, at least.

That’s the saddest part of growing up, indeed. I wanted to talk a bit about a similar situation with friends disappearing or just turning into very different people… but I just give him a look of complicity and smile.

Q: Well, tell us about some of your hobbies.

A: *He smiles broadly* Aside from lurking around the HF dungeon, I like to listen to and play music. I’ve played guitar for quite some time now, and I always get a bit of relief from it. Same with music. I generally stay in the rock realm of music. You know, bands like Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, or The Mars Volta, though not too many people know about them. On the flip side, I like Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, and even old-school chip-tunes from classic NES games. *Laughs* Of course, I read, too. I like fantasy stuff. Of course, manga’s cool, too, otherwise I’d be an outsider on HF. But yeah, writing, music, art, that’s my sanctuary. Oh, and the Souls series of games, too. Love Dark Souls.

He sneezes, Instinctively I say “Salud” (Spanish) then I change it to “Bless you” while he chuckles.

A: Thanks, thanks, I always joke that I’m allergic to the sun.

We both laugh

Q: Well, I always say I’m allergic to people.

We laugh a bit more

Q: Tell us something you've been enjoying lately.

A: Lately? *He exhales and squints his eyes in thought* The Sims 4, I guess. I consider it my PG-13 outlet outside of all the other stuff I generally associate with HF related activities. As you might guess, I enjoy being a ladies man and harem the hell out of that game. *Laughs* It’s not really sports season, otherwise I’d enjoy watching Football or Basketball. I like the Oakland Raiders, but they’ve been pretty shitty for a long time now. *He shakes his head and rolls his eyes in feigned dismay* Sucks, man. Sucks big-time. TV wise, I hate what’s on TV *He pauses* all the sitcoms blow, these days. And reality TV? Such a sham. I used to watch this show called Mystery Science Theater 3000 where this guy and 2 robots would be stuck up in space and forced to watch crappy movies. Loved that show!

No idea at all about that show but I really like science fiction or science on TV. Like Cosmos or this TV series about the Manhattan Project. But overall my favorite ever was Amazing Stories.

Q: Alright, final question. Based on your life experience, give us one piece of advice.

A: *He doesn’t hesitate* That’s easy for me: Be yourself. No matter what anyone else tries to tell you, stay true to who you are. I can’t stand how easily people are manipulated by what they see or hear on TV or the media or whatever. It’s *He pauses briefly* like the public obsession with phones and social media, altogether.

I strongly nod here.

A: People try to change themselves to suit what’s popular. What they end up doing is forgetting who they are and becoming just another sheep or stooge. Believe in who you are, and whatever happens will be what you decide, and no one else.

Q: Amen to that.

He shrugs and picks up his guitar to play for a little bit I was hoping some chicks come to us but nothing happens. He tells me more about music and his hometown while we walk around the downtown area, also inquiring about where I come from. We grab some pizza and a soda at a local place he recommended, chat some more, and go our separate ways with a friendly hand shake and wave.

Chips: 0$.
        Last edited by Juas; 08-09-2015, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Thanks tmvaegis once again for the interview!

Let's talk a bit guys!

Comment

• @Juas: I saw it yesterday but didn't have time to reply... ^^;

@tmvaegis: Hello and thanks for jumping on the interview train! Do you really play guitar in public like you were at the beginning of Juas' interview? I think I'd be too embarrassed to do that. xD I agree with a lot of the stuff you said. I also joined HF at a time when a lot of my real life friends were moving away to start their own lives and I wanted a way to stay connected with a community. My degree isn't related to my work at all, so there are plenty of times when it doesn't even matter. I don't drink or smoke either, and I don't like the way social media is influencing society--there are a few good aspects to it, but a lot of bad ones too. I'm also a person who needs a creative outlet, although in my case it's writing, drawing, and making games (my sister is the musical one in the family ). Good luck finding a job and with everything, really! And remember to stay true to yourself! ^^

Comment

• I think we all want to know the answer to the real question... what flavor/brand were the potato chips? I had a craving for some throughout the interview.

Playing guitar is definitely a great way to occupy your time, and it also has the added benefit of being able to impress people at the park! That's kinda funny that you don't remember how you found HongFire, generally from what I hear the vast majority are googling some h-game, usually Sexy beach or AA and end up here. Yeah I'm not into partying/clubing either so I hear you when you say that isn't the type of friends that you'd like to hang out with. Haha, Mystery Science Theater 3000 is hilarious! It has really gained a cult following more recently. I agree completely with you on the be yourself, but man I've gotten so much flak for not being on all the social media, you need a strong backbone at times. Anyways, thanks for contributing your time for the interview tmvaegis! I didn't know too much about you beforehand since we don't visit the same areas so it's pretty cool to learn some stuff about you. And of course as always thanks Juas for this awesome thread!

Also @Juas it totally doesn't matter but usually you would add the cost of that pizza and soda at the end total right?

Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodmageR View Post

Also @Juas it totally doesn't matter but usually you would add the cost of that pizza and soda at the end total right?
                I know it but that was out of the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by stukasa View Post
                  @Juas:
                  @tmvaegis: Hello and thanks for jumping on the interview train! Do you really play guitar in public like you were at the beginning of Juas' interview? I think I'd be too embarrassed to do that. xD I agree with a lot of the stuff you said. I also joined HF at a time when a lot of my real life friends were moving away to start their own lives and I wanted a way to stay connected with a community. My degree isn't related to my work at all, so there are plenty of times when it doesn't even matter. I don't drink or smoke either, and I don't like the way social media is influencing society--there are a few good aspects to it, but a lot of bad ones too. I'm also a person who needs a creative outlet, although in my case it's writing, drawing, and making games (my sister is the musical one in the family ). Good luck finding a job and with everything, really! And remember to stay true to yourself! ^^
                  No problem, it's a smooth, fun ride! For the first couple years I was a bit embarrassed to do it (because I sucked, lol), but once I started growing more comfortable with myself and my skills, it didn't matter so much, anymore. I would have thought that my tech degree would be a huge benefit, but that's clearly not been the case. -_- Like many things, social media can be a wonderful thing, and a terrible thing. The problem is that, more often than not, the negative aspects of it are more at the forefront, and I blame the media for that. Always with the negative stories or just about these stupid celebrities that should mean little to nothing to us (The Kardashians, for example). Society in this country is on a downward spiral, and it worries me.

He he, well, cool that she's into music. As it turns out, I'm also the only musician in the family, too. Most who tried give up, which is a shame. Many thanks for the support, and same to you!

Originally posted by BloodmageR View Post
                  I think we all want to know the answer to the real question... what flavor/brand were the potato chips? I had a craving for some throughout the interview.

Playing guitar is definitely a great way to occupy your time, and it also has the added benefit of being able to impress people at the park! That's kinda funny that you don't remember how you found HongFire, generally from what I hear the vast majority are googling some h-game, usually Sexy beach or AA and end up here. Yeah I'm not into partying/clubing either so I hear you when you say that isn't the type of friends that you'd like to hang out with. Haha, Mystery Science Theater 3000 is hilarious! It has really gained a cult following more recently. I agree completely with you on the be yourself, but man I've gotten so much flak for not being on all the social media, you need a strong backbone at times. Anyways, thanks for contributing your time for the interview tmvaegis! I didn't know too much about you beforehand since we don't visit the same areas so it's pretty cool to learn some stuff about you. And of course as always thanks Juas for this awesome thread!
                  lol, well, I was thinking Lays regular potato chips, as it was the first thing that popped in my mind. A lot of other tasty options, but sometimes it's good to stick to the basics, you know?

I keep telling myself it's not just a hobby, lol, but I'm starting to fear it may turn out that way. Most people kinda go about their business; it's not the "chick-magnet" to girls like many would have you believe, lol. Maybe if I was on stage in a band, that might be different...maybe. You may very well be right about googling Sexy Beach, but I really can't remember how that would lead me here. It had to have started somewhere, right? Oh well, it shall remain a mystery to me.
                  I experienced bars/clubs enough to know that it's not somewhere I want to be. There have been a couple speak-easy lounges that were pretty cool, but that's it. I like laid-back, relaxing environments.

Yup, love that show! I was so bummed out when it ended, though, but still grateful for it. What's cool is that the creators gave so much support for "circulating the tapes" (tapes, lol), and we still do, thanks to YouTube or whatever. Such a classic show.
                  I've always been someone with a strong-will and not one to back down from my beliefs, so I guess that helps me to deflect all the obsessive people. That...and I just don't care, lol. Say all you want, "Eww, where's your smart-phone? Why aren't you on Instagram?" Bla bla blah. Just because you have a smart-phone doesn't mean you can't be stupid, he he.
                  No prob! Truth be told, I don't know much about you, either. It's like you said, we hang out in different corners of this labyrinth we call HongFire. Your interview was cool, too, and FWIW, FFIV is still my favorite.

Thanks again to Juas for the interview, it was a ton of fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X