Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Anime forums you used to frequent are now dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Anime forums you used to frequent are now dead?

I used to frequent this one:

www.animeyume.org

It was a great site that featured torrents to new unlicensed anime, podcasts of anime reviews and even had its own radio station.

A rather lively community, that was, though the forums were more often dead than anything else.

It's most likely dead now, as I have been unable to access it for 2 months.

Do you guys know of any other formerly bustling anime forums that have met their demise?
    From inability to leave well alone;
    From too much zeal for what is new and contempt for what is old;
    From putting knowledge before wisdom, science before art, cleverness before common sense;
    From making the cure of a disease more grievous than its endurance;
    Good Lord, deliver.

no it was only this HF that was really my only anime site
    My Requests(recently updated) , Bishoujo Games Monthly Releases (still without doujins)
    "I am a latent masochist, please rule over me, Mistress"-Croah Vartel[/center]

Comment

three, I think... that was quite long ago...
      They just vanished >.o

Rep to whoever can find me the full version to Chikan wa Hanzai's ED. Forgot the title though. [what? nobody? nyoron...]

Comment

Used to go to animeboards. That's now pretty much inactive.
        Also used to frequent noated mostly for trading, and I don't go there anymore. Probably dead.
        Also used to go to cardcaptors-uncensored, which has always been a bit quiet and might as well be dead.

Comment

I thought it was only me... so animeyume.org is really dead
          sad tsktsk
          but was it 2 months ago? I was only unable to access it for like 5 weeks
          HF-Typem00n ; HF-Mecha
          Need friends on sc2 SEA

Comment

used to hang around crunchyroll.

but the interests are too shallow.

plus, there's no drama quite like HF!

Spoiler
            Originally posted by starcaptor
            I would say Lisa Hayes would probably have the best historical account since shes been on the ship for quite a while. I remember talking to hongfire one on one in the forums for only one thing, and that was...why was the website called hongfire?

Comment

HongFire FTW, btw where's hongfire anyway...I seldom sees him posting in the forum
              HF-CLU-ISM #9 HF-DORAMA #? (i forgot ~_~) HF-TOUHOU #166
              Musicians! UNITE! HFDI

.................................................. ...im cute =^^=

Comment

tomodachianime.com
                wait was that a forum?!?!
                bah!! was dead for about a year now
                Are you one of those humans
                who are ok to EAT?

Comment

Originally posted by DK3411 View Post
                  I used to frequent this one:

www.animeyume.org

It was a great site that featured torrents to new unlicensed anime, podcasts of anime reviews and even had its own radio station.

A rather lively community, that was, though the forums were more often dead than anything else.

It's most likely dead now, as I have been unable to access it for 2 months.

Do you guys know of any other formerly bustling anime forums that have met their demise?
                  2 months, more like 2 weeks I think, but anyway any idea what happened to the site?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroki Okane View Post
                    three, I think... that was quite long ago...
                    They just vanished >.o
                    poor papaya Y-Y

it's the end for heaven clan. Not many active members and well, too hard to run 2 forums at once >.>
                    So, they had to let the inactive one go
                    Last edited by helixfire; 03-15-2007, 11:06 AM.

thanks blozzee for the siggy
                    will the REAL helixfire please sit down

Comment

Just one. This.
                      When reading my posts, please imagine hearing them in Norio Wakamoto's Kaneto Shiozawa's voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayeate View Post
                        Just one. This.
                        Is this forum dead?

I've only been to HF...

Comment

Nah. This place has loads of drama from time to time. Though, more often than not, the drama ends with someone (or a few people) getting banned for a short duration.
                          From inability to leave well alone;
                          From too much zeal for what is new and contempt for what is old;
                          From putting knowledge before wisdom, science before art, cleverness before common sense;
                          From making the cure of a disease more grievous than its endurance;
                          Good Lord, deliver.

Comment

It depends on where you go,all the forums i go to are active.
                            "He was kind of person who usually sat alone. Not because he was lonely,but because there was no one smart enough to talk with" ~ Eric Luna

"Its Over Now We Are Retreating I Never Thought That We'd Be Beaten. All This Blood Is On My Hands, Thousands Dead Due To My Plan. Its All My Fault, Is This God's Will After All? I Look Across This Blood Soaked Land All This Blood Is On My Hands" ~ General Lee After His Loss At Gettysburg

You can't pretend to be Asian. If your not..then your not. Nothing can be done to change that.

A ~~>YouTube<~~ account that everyone should see.

Comment

I've only been to HF, but it's not dead and thats a good sign ^_^
                              I'm back.

V.

Comment

Working...
                              X