Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Paper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Paper

    So I got my essay back. I wasn't expecting much cause I wrote it the night before but... Does it really deserve a D??? D = 50%
    What would you give it ?
    Edit: Shit I forgot to erase my student number and stuffs... Nuuuuuu I hope none of you saved it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ProcessedCheese; 11-27-2009, 06:41 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ProcessedCheese View Post
    So I got my essay back. I wasn't expecting much cause I wrote it the night before but... Does it really deserve a D??? D = 50%
    What would you give it ?
    if you really think its a good idea to ask the people of HF to grade your homework than you prob deserved worse than a d

    Comment


    • #3
      what are the requirements of the essay, and what was expected for you to write about and/or answer in the essay?
      EFFECTIVE JULY 2011: ALL H & ECHII ANIME/MANGA/GAMES ARE TO BE BANNED FROM TOKYO

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TenguSan View Post
        what are the requirements of the essay, and what was expected for you to write about and/or answer in the essay?
        I'm sure logic is involved, let someone more qualified help. =D
        Admins I've tamed: TSR, Lisa, Shragei.

        Comment


        • #5
          only in your own mind soul

          Edit: ^_^; i guess soul is banned now
          Last edited by TenguSan; 11-27-2009, 06:07 PM. Reason: see:edit
          EFFECTIVE JULY 2011: ALL H & ECHII ANIME/MANGA/GAMES ARE TO BE BANNED FROM TOKYO

          Comment


          • #6
            I read it, and id give it an F.
            正義を心に閉ざし、自由のために有れと叫ぶもの。時代のうねりについていけぬ者はこうで仕方ない。死を受け 入れずに、どうやって生きていくのかね?肉は腐り、骨が砕くのに、まだ死ぬのを怖がるのか?

            Comment


            • #7
              It's clearly worth of an 6-. And no, we don't have the letter rating system over here.

              Harpy,
              Dragonewt, Doll, Ghost, Scylla, Centaur, Queen Bee, Lamia.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by robobunghole View Post
                if you really think its a good idea to ask the people of HF to grade your homework than you prob deserved worse than a d
                That makes no sense... Asking someone to grade a paper on some anime forum does not relate to the quality of the paper. I don't care if it's a good idea or a bad idea, that's fucking subjective. Considering that there's a club for writers on HF, I was hoping to get some feedback from them, I don't see why I would deserve an F for asking for feedback.

                6-???

                And Super, why would you give it an F? You don't even know the criteria. If you're saying my writing sucks... then sure that's your opinion, but you can't really give a grade if there's no criteria.
                I added the criteria, ignore the first half of it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ProcessedCheese; 11-27-2009, 06:35 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ProcessedCheese View Post
                  That makes no sense... Asking someone to grade a paper on some anime forum does not relate to the quality of the paper. I don't care if it's a good idea or a bad idea, that's fucking subjective. Considering that there's a club for writers on HF, I was hoping to get some feedback from them, I don't see why I would deserve an F for asking for feedback.

                  6-???

                  And Super, why would you give it an F? You don't even know the criteria. If you're saying my writing sucks... then sure that's your opinion, but you can't really give a grade if there's no criteria.
                  I added the criteria, ignore the first half of it.
                  If you wanted me to grade you based on the criteria, you shouldve provided a criteria. Otherwise, you cannot complain when i grade it based on my own criteria. Hence, your mistake, sir.
                  正義を心に閉ざし、自由のために有れと叫ぶもの。時代のうねりについていけぬ者はこうで仕方ない。死を受け 入れずに、どうやって生きていくのかね?肉は腐り、骨が砕くのに、まだ死ぬのを怖がるのか?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'll give you an A, but you will never see you essay ever again.

                    thanks blozzee for the siggy
                    will the REAL helixfire please sit down

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ProcessedCheese View Post
                      That makes no sense... Asking someone to grade a paper on some anime forum does not relate to the quality of the paper. I don't care if it's a good idea or a bad idea, that's fucking subjective. Considering that there's a club for writers on HF, I was hoping to get some feedback from them, I don't see why I would deserve an F for asking for feedback.

                      6-???

                      And Super, why would you give it an F? You don't even know the criteria. If you're saying my writing sucks... then sure that's your opinion, but you can't really give a grade if there's no criteria.
                      I added the criteria, ignore the first half of it.
                      the fact your asking people on a anime forum to grade a paper you wrote at the last minute and got a bad grade on could be seen as suggesting you fail to take your classes/homework seriously much less put any effort into them

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ^
                        I still don't see why asking an Anime forum to grade my paper relates to the quality of my paper. But yeah, the fact that I worked on it at the last minute can show that I don't try hard.

                        Originally posted by SniperTak View Post
                        If you wanted me to grade you based on the criteria, you shouldve provided a criteria. Otherwise, you cannot complain when i grade it based on my own criteria. Hence, your mistake, sir.
                        Kay, agreed. Can you grade it again please ? So far, grades are F, 6- and an A.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok, if you're in high school, it's maybe a C+ or B-. (Because HS in the Western Hemisphere except for 2 or 3 schools, have no standards)

                          But for college it's understandably a D, and for grad school it would be a definite F.

                          There are waaaay too many generalizations, not only about present societies and their values, but also about the cultural values of audiences and readers in antiquity. To a hardcore literature professor, it would infuriate them.

                          This alone undermines the vast majority of any possible arguments you make. Statements should be supported, at best with citations from published text, there are too many that aren't supported by anything, not by textual evidence nor by well-known academic consensus.

                          As a literature enthusiast myself I couldn't stand to read more than a paragraph's worth per page without wanting to kill something. Sorry.
                          Last edited by KuriosAkantha; 11-27-2009, 07:25 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Kk thanks, 2 F's, A and 6-.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ProcessedCheese View Post
                              ^
                              I still don't see why asking an Anime forum to grade my paper relates to the quality of my paper. But yeah, the fact that I worked on it at the last minute can show that I don't try hard.



                              Kay, agreed. Can you grade it again please ? So far, grades are F, 6- and an A.
                              if you cared enough to try harder next time
                              you would be asking a teacher or a tutor not the people you'll find here
                              what we say is worthless

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X