Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ When I had classmates, the last thing I remember that really made me laugh was the reaction of one guy who really likes metal when I introduced him to Baby Metal : 3 The faces of shock, disgust, yet intrigue despite it all had me in tears leaning against a wall...

< I want to make sure I never, ever, ever run out of thyroid meds again. This most recent return to hibernation was infuriating -- well, if I had enough energy to have emotions it would have been...

V What's one thing you'd never want to be without?

sigpic

Comment

• ^ Black tea.
      As the Southern boy I am, I drink tea as if it were water. While there are other infusions that I'm fond of, cold black tea is my favorite. I'm not even kidding when I say I rarely drink water when tea is available.

< Corn might be a close second. Speaking of which, I just popped some popcorn. The absolute best way to do it is on the stove; use coconut oil (plain vegetable oil gives it a nasty flavor; other oils are okay, but coconut tastes the best), add just a bit of salt to the pot, and add more to taste when it's done; this way, there's no need for butter to make it taste good (which makes it soggy), so it'll last a day or so just fine.
      The oil you use determines the flavor; as I said, don't use plain vegetable oil. The reason I suggest coconut oil is because it gives everything you cook with it a slightly sweet taste, which goes better with popcorn than the heavy, oily flavors from most other oils (and vegetable oil is just nasty).
      And remember, only spend your money on normal coconut oil; the refined stuff they're putting out now takes all the good stuff out of it, and removes the scent and taste.

< And now, on a slight tangent, I want some pork rinds. Going to visit the butcher to get some soon!

V What's your favorite junk food that isn't potato chips?
      Do I need to say anything?
      [/URL]
      I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

• ^ Nachos.
        < Well, my mother is now in intensive care, and things are not looking good. We're talking to a lawyer to protect us from getting screwed over by our relatives when that time we dread finally comes, though the amounts involved are not that large. I have had too many bad experiences with my uncles and aunts on both sides of the family as my own parents have gone through these crises not to do something like that.
        > I can only hope that my mother will live long enough to see me turn 40... She has a lung infection that hasn't responded to some of the really powerful antibiotics she had been given, though hopefully the new course they have is going to help. If only she had agreed to take chemotherapy after the resection of her tumour two years ago, but that's pissing in the wind to whinge about that now.
        v How are you doing, health-wise?

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

• ^
          How .. am .. I .. doing. Now that's a question.
          > I expect my life to end in 2036, between that time and the present, there are chances of injury, trauma, infection and getting a wooden stake through my heart in my sleep, and mental health is a subject on its own -- don't ask. (I'm a firm believer that the WHO definition of well being is a bunch of utopic garbage)
          > Now I don't know if that answers your question or not, but that's all the information I can give you.

> People say I have divination-tier abilities on prognosis. I swear, some even came and asked me straight up "is my dad going to die?"
          < but really, it's the same with those rumors about me being a vampire .. though the fact my appearance hasn't changed much in 10 years is worrying, even for me.

< I mean, it's not that mystical when you get into statistical facts.
          < I knew for example, that Wada wasn't going to make it to the next year.
          < his condition exceeded my expectations even, because back in 2014 when it was determined that it had recurred, I already knew that, well, that was it. Matter of fact, I didn't even expect him to be in Digimon Tri, and when he cancelled his live performance in 2015, I was like, called it man just let the poor guy live the rest of his life in peace.

< Now this is tangential, but in all honesty, I think that an average person with cancer, which is to say, someone without the money to afford the early stage brachytherapy, chemo, radio, let me tell you, that person would have died within a year and a half. I think the fact Wada pretty much bit the bullet, enduring for as long as 12 years after the diagnosis made, really speaks about the quality of treatment he received, so that he could spend his last days committing to the pleasure of doing what he liked to do the most.
          < In contrast, you have people breathing through a tracheostome lying on a bed and struggling to make it out of the next surgery alive, so they can hope to live another 2 years at least.

On a related note, do you smoke? if yes, since what age? and when did you stop? (if you didn't already have some self respect and stop smoking)
          V

Ringo Mogire BEAM
          | HF-CLAMP #148 | HF-TYPE MOON #215 |

Comment

• ^ I never even had a cigarette near my mouth in my entire life.

< It's one of the few things in my life that I'm sure I did 100% right.

v A anecdote from your life where you're 100% sure you did the right thing in hindsight?

Comment

• ^ All the stuff i went through in the dark chapter of my life in dealing with a family member's paranoia condition. Looking back was really a dark time and i still feel sad about it. But now, the condition has been managed since there have been times of relapse but right now its fine, and i hope it continues to be fine in the future. I think i get "triggered" and may have some form of PTSD whenever i catch a glimpse or hints whenever the paranoia coming back...

< So i did my first mid term, and man was it stressful in studying for it and doing it. Doesn't help when the prof was vague in teaching and at times spent a good chunk of that valuable teaching time chatting with his students of a previous course...

V Do you believe in that theres a quota for luck? And would you spend all that luck on something like the lottery?
              Last edited by sithstormjedi; 05-18-2016, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• ^ No and No.
                < Well, my mother's still on death watch. I can only hope that she lives long enough to see my 40th birthday.
                v A trolley is hurtling down a track towards five people. You are on a bridge under which it will pass, and you can stop it by dropping a heavy weight in front of it. As it happens, there is a very fat man next to you - your only way to stop the trolley is to push him over the bridge and onto the track, killing him to save five. Should you proceed? Why or why not?

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

• Originally posted by stormwyrm View Post
                  ^ No and No.
                  < Well, my mother's still on death watch. I can only hope that she lives long enough to see my 40th birthday.
                  v A trolley is hurtling down a track towards five people. You are on a bridge under which it will pass, and you can stop it by dropping a heavy weight in front of it. As it happens, there is a very fat man next to you - your only way to stop the trolley is to push him over the bridge and onto the track, killing him to save five. Should you proceed? Why or why not?
                  ^ No. I would have no right to take that man's life. Now if he wants to jump on there to save them then that would be okay, because it is his life to give. But I have no right to take his life because it doesn't belong to me, and I have no authority over it.

< I'm sleepy

V Do you watch ecchi anime?
                  sigpic

Comment

• ^ Oh yes.
                    < So with that choice, five people are dead rather than one. So you have killed those five people by your inaction just as surely as if you had pushed all five of them over the bridge instead of the fat man. Did you then have the right to take their lives as well? Were they your lives to take, do they belong to you more than the fat man's life did? What makes the lives of the five people you killed less important than the fat man's life?
                    v How do you get on-line?
                    A. Fiber
                    B. Cable
                    C. Wireless
                    D. DSL
                    E. Dial-up
                    F. Carrier Pigeon (RFC 1149)
                    G. Other - specify

Comment

• Originally posted by stormwyrm View Post
                      ^ Oh yes.
                      < So with that choice, five people are dead rather than one. So you have killed those five people by your inaction just as surely as if you had pushed all five of them over the bridge instead of the fat man. Did you then have the right to take their lives as well? Were they your lives to take, do they belong to you more than the fat man's life did? What makes the lives of the five people you killed less important than the fat man's life?
                      v How do you get on-line?
                      A. Fiber
                      B. Cable
                      C. Wireless
                      D. DSL
                      E. Dial-up
                      F. Carrier Pigeon (RFC 1149)
                      G. Other - specify

^ I have comcast xfinity and I get about 90 mb/s download speed and 10 mb/s upload. So whatever that qualifies as.

< The problem with your argument storm is that I didn't kill those 5 people. In this hypothetical situation I did nothing to cause the death of these people. They were already heading to their demise. However, this fat man was not facing death, and if I were to push him then I would be directly responsible for his death. And you say by my inactivity I killed them, but by 'inactivity' you mean my refusal to murder a man. Well yes, I would refuse to murder a man to save another, just like I would refuse to torture or rape someone to save lives. The ends do not justify the means. I would only be creating more evil in the world, and we have enough of that as it is.

V Funniest anime you have seen lately?
                      sigpic

Comment

• ^ How about Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt? Especially if you're an afficionado of the good Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon shows, like me.

< So because I did not do the bloody reasearch and didn't knokw that MP3 is actually of lower quality than CD, I now have to convert all my records to files again, this time to FLAC. (>_<) I'm about 400 CDs in.

v What format do you use to store music and why?
                        Last edited by JAHT; 05-19-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• ^ MP3 because normally everything reads MP3
                          < ...
                          V Tell us something recent you've missed or forgot to do until it was too late:
                          sigpic

Comment

• ^ Many stuffs specially my assignments and homework recently. (Bad time management)
                            < Format and re-installed Win8.1 in one of my brother's friend laptop which wasn't booting win after turning on. He seems happy now since his laptop is working again plus he saved some money by not going to repair shop
                            < Formatting 128gb flash drive is taking way too long >_<
                            V Where do you keep your backup files mostly ?
                            1) Internal HDD
                            2) External HDD
                            3) Flash Drive
                            4) SSD
                            5) SD Card
                            6) CD/DVD/Bluray
                            7) Cloud/Dropbox or other online storage
                            8) Floppy disk
                            9) non of the above (please mention)

Comment

• ^ Internal HDD, since I take my external HDD with the curent project files to the editing booth to work.

< I got so much anime to catch up to after finally having some money again, after watching the third Puella Magi Madoka Movie I started the first Fate/Zero Blu-ray yesterday.

v Is there a work that totally passed you by when it first came out and you only get around to take a look and appreciate it years later?

Comment

• ^ There are very many. Off the top of my head there is Terminator 2: Judgment Day. My sister was only eleven back then and since I only went to the cinema with her and my dad at the time, we couldn't see it as she was too young to be let into the theatre. I only got to see it years later when it came out on cable.
                                > And so I managed to get all of the money out of my mother's bank accounts, instead of letting them sit there until she finally passes away. We'd pay not only attorney's fees but estate taxes that way.
                                > And so my 40th birthday is tomorrow. And I'm spending it on death watch with my mother. There's only one way it could possibly be worse.
                                v What diseases are endemic in your family? (e.g. diabetes, hypertension, certain forms of cancer, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X