Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ 4gb (in my laptop which I am using now) Highest I got on my main PC (16GB)
    < Catching up with One piece anime now since I kept it on hold for more than a year now
    V Last anime/games you put on hold ? Reason ? (like - bored/no time etc etc)

Comment

• ^ anime: idolmaster cinderella girls - i liked the 765 cast more, i've put it on indefinite hold until all the BDs are out for it. Game: Darkest Dungeon - Grinding the heros (and keeping them alive) takes time for the final dungeon. Its also pretty repetitive.

< Alot of these comics im reading for contemporary fiction are not my taste. For example why is Exit Wounds by Rutu Modan quite highly regarded on the internet? Same for the movies i have to watch for the class, why is Y Tu mama tambien also highly regarded as well? Maybe its because im not "artistic"

V Last non-japanese comic or movie you watched/read?

Comment

• ^ Comic: Promethea / Movie: Whiplash

< Allan Moore is still a genius writer and J.K. Simmons totally deserved that Oscar for Whiplash.

v Last time you got what you deserved?

Comment

• ^ Well, it was a good thing. A bonus in the pay (which is normal in summer and Christmas when the workers are doing a good job)
          < ...
          V Any plans for August?
          sigpic

Comment

• ^ Nothing much. Probably just try to use my new FitBit to track my activity and get some serious weight loss.
            < Ten days into the month and so far total loss has been a little above 1 kg. Which isn't all that bad. I've been trying to use the stairs instead of the elevator unless stuff I'm bringing would make it too difficult, and watching what I eat. Been going to the gym for 2-3 hours twice a week and trying to get that up to 3 times.
            v How much time did you spend exercising last week? Include such activities as walking and such, not just pure exercise like my trips to the gym.

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

• ^ Well, I've been going to a Taiko class for a few months now; it meets once per week. You'd think it'd kill your arms, but most of the effort actually comes from maintaining your stance (left quad starts getting really tired by the end). And I always take the stairs when I can (elevators make me feel like I'm going to pee); granted, I rarely have to climb more than two floors.

< Oh, and since it's been decided that I have to have my incision cleaned out again, I decided to ride my bicycle when I go to do yard work for one of my neighbors until the surgery. I'm sick of not being able to run or cycle any real distance without aggravating that incision; even worse, I've gained 5kg and my heart rate and blood pressure have increased since this shit started (back in December)... I'm still technically within the range of 'healthy', but I'm really starting to push it... I even have a gut again... GAH! Hurry up and heal!

< Made some really tasty, yet disgusting looking food recently: half-way egg salad (boiled egg, mayonnaise, mustard (yellow), dill pickle, ground black pepper) mixed with rice (which I always put hemp seeds and hemp oil in). Very good, very filling (ate a bowl, went for seconds and realized I couldn't eat anymore), full of nutrition, and everyone said it looked like it had already been eaten once... Well, more for me!

V What food do you like that everyone thinks is/looks disgusting?
              Do I need to say anything?
              [/URL]
              I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

• ^ A totally random food involving one bowl of pasta mixed with lasagna and a tin of mackerel-in-tomato sauce.

< ...and I use spaghetti as extra noodles for my instant noodles when I can spare the effort to make the former...

v Have you ever seen someone in their last hour?
                For our hearts are joined/I no longer fear anything/The strength and gentleness you have bestowed/Now I shall bestow them upon you this time!/
                Not going one step further/Embracing strongly the past/Draw the dreams/I shall no longer give in/Let us go meet it/To the future I want realized!

Comment

• ^ Yes. My mother, a month and a half ago.
                  < So Mrs. Wyrm is still in the hospital, though she is getting a lot better. Probably be back home by Monday. Acid reflux can't be pleasant. She's been plagued by gastrointestinal problems all her life, including a ruptured appendix and consequent peritonitis that nearly killed her twenty years ago (and then I would never have met her...). Just as I seem to be prone to respiratory tract issues.
                  v What diseases seem to run in your family? (e.g. diabetes, types of cancer, hypertension, etc.)

In principio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat Programma, et Programma erat Miku. Et Miku Caro Factum Est, et Habitavit in Nobis.

Comment

• ^ Poor eyesight, cysts (it's weird when you read your granduncle's memoirs and find out he had the exact same kind of cyst removed from the exact same spot as you), and cardiac abnormalities (thankfully, my arrhythmia is apparently benign, but we only found out about that when trying to make sure there wasn't a hole in my atrial septum)... Maybe some mental problems too, but those are pretty hard to track outside of schizophrenia.

< It sounds bad, but on the other hand, my father's side has excellent cholesterol stability, even though we all eat a lot of meat, even the overweight among us have healthy LDL, HDL, and triglyceride levels.

V Does your family have any hereditary perks?
                    [/URL]
                    I'm about to just spill some coffee, take a picture, call it art, and throw it on here...

Comment

• ^ Right the opposite, I have Brugada Syndrome (heart problems) that may cause sudden death.
                      < Yeah, it's so fun knowing your heart is gonna go nuts at any time.
                      V Tell us something interesting you've done this summer so far:
                      sigpic

Comment

• ^ Read a loooooot of Japanese content; also went to a family member's baptism. The fact that I attended (being an atheist) was odd in itself, but this baptism was at the beach and everyone was in bathing suits, including the pastor... Well, it was certainly more functional than doing it in regular clothes and sacraments. Also, communion now comes prepackaged for such 'away from church' events.

< Been having terrible luck lately: didn't smell that the fuel labelled 'gasoline' was actually diesel; slipped on really rough carpet, skinning my knee and hitting one of my front teeth (hurt like hell, but thankfully it didn't chip or break); and now I'm going to push my luck trying to get a truck that's reading empty to the gas station, which is at least ten miles away... I sure hope it holds out (I'm actually killing time right now to let my phone charge; it's dead, of course).

V How's your luck been recently?
                        [/URL]

Comment

• ^ id say below average. The fiio x5ii player i bought 3 weeks ago had a battery failure, so i had to get a replacement for it today. thankfully the store honored the warranty it came with, i've had quite a few experiences of stores rejecting the warranty because of some unspecified problem with the associated product.

< its pretty hot today. This year hasn't been as hot as last year. Which is nice.

V hows the weather over there?

Comment

• ^
                            It's been chilly actually, some sporadic summer rain here and there.

< so finally I get to strenghten my relationship with my neighbors from the apartment, isn't it nice?
                            > what better way to start a nice conversation than getting chased by a psychopath with a knife on your way to the parking lot, like, woah, did you see me back there mate? You bet pal, that was some impressive footwork, nice weather we have today.
                            > few weeks after moving in I already noticed that the place wasn't exactly kid-friendly, of course the obvious shady characters wandering about was one of those signs
                            < you know, when you know the streets, and there's this person that, you just know that they are dangerous right when you see them, and they aren't wearing colors or anything, but you just know it.
                            > and I'm not street savvy but I have been around for a while and I know what I'm talking about.

> and well there's also the strange calls I had been getting from some random "salesperson" getting a bit too personal with the questions, some death threats.
                            > some guy was yelling at me on the phone looking for someone who owes him money or some s*** saying "Imma kill you mother&%#$", like, what the hell dude, I just moved in two years ago.
                            > I don't know if they called the police or what, but there was this adult white male who showed up at like 2am crying and sobbing in the hallway, we all heard the shouting but it was mostly unintelligible moaning.
                            < probably a junkie looking for his fix .. we have good reasons to believe that's the case.

< I had been seriously considering getting rid of this apartment or at least putting it up for rent, but I don't know, too much paperwork involved.

So yea, how's the weather?
                            V

Ringo Mogire BEAM
                            | HF-CLAMP #148 | HF-TYPE MOON #215 |

Comment

• ^ Its cloudy and currently raining
                              < Beam7 Network : Well alteast its better than a dull boring life which most of us have. All those stuffs you mentioned you are living quite an 'interesting' life if I have to say lol
                              < Anyway reccently finished watching Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! what can I say its a borderline hentai to be honest hehe
                              < Speaking of borderline I am also started playing borderland game and so far its an alright first person shooting game (to be honest it was over hyped by people imo)
                              V So how is life right now mostly ? exciting / boring / combination etc

Comment

• ^ Right now is interesting. I'm on holidays and I've traveled to some cool places and did interesting things, but at work we are working on an app that may be pretty cool if we make a good job and my boss knows how to sell it.
                                < But I'm just gonna rest for this last days, traveling tires me a lot.
                                V Any upcoming releases or events that you are interested in?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X