Another program request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another program request

Hey, does anyone know a good Ubuntu compatible software for ripping copy-protected DVD's?

I'm trying to rip the episodes of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R1 (Anime Legends Edition) to my computer so I can make an AMV. Problem is, it's DRM'ed up the ass. I tried looking for a torrent instead, but the only one I could find was on PirateBay and it was dead as a doorknob. Besides, I don't really feel comfortable downloading a torrent of an an anime that is licensed in the US. So far I've only DL'ed Japanese-only H, and I haven't been sent one of those emails for copyright infringement lawsuits, but I don't want to take the risk.

If you can point me to a good program for getting the files off DVD, then I'll show you guys the AMV when it's finished! You'll probably have to wait until mid-September though, because I'm entering it into the AMV contest for Nan Desu Kan in Denver, and I won't be posting it to YouTube until after the contest.

Thanks!

~Zer0
    CONSENTES DEI JUNO JUPITER MINERVA APOLLO MARS CERES
    MERCURIUS DIANA BACCHUS VULCANUS PLUTO VESTA VENUS

k9copy
    DVDrip
    Brasero

or you could install win in ubuntu and run dvd rip software in wine.

Comment

I don't have an Unbuntu here, but in mandriva (another Linux) there is
      * dvdrip,
      * acidrip (a frontend for mencoder)
      * vlc

for using some of these on an protected Dvd you should install libdvdcss lib64dvdcss

Comment

Working...
      X