Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
31 results in 0.0089 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

• [Review] Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare

[Review] Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare

Minimum Requirements:
    OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 @ 1GB
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Recommended Requirements: OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 @ 4GB DirectX: Version 11 Network: Broadband Internet connection Hard Drive: 55 GB available space Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c Compa...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Bioshock Infinite (XBOX360, PS3, PC)

[Review] Bioshock Infinite (XBOX360, PS3, PC)

Bioshock is one of the best games of the current generation for both critics and gamers due to its excellent story and pace. Ken Levine, the mind behind the game, created a masterful game in 2007 so all gamers have been waiting for a long time to see something completely new from him. But the wait is over and Bioshock Infinite is here.

Story

"Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt". Booker Dewitt knows nothing about that girl they mention, but he accepts the offer with great pleasure. It sounded like a good deal, or at least that's what he thought before being left in a lighthouse on the coast of Maine during a storm. Following his instincts he searches for someone or some information, but somehow he ends up in a rocket that sends him to Columbia, a flying city where the girl he is looking for lives. Booker, our detective, should then stay unnoticed between the citizen...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Evangelion 3.0 You can (not) redo

[Review] Evangelion 3.0 You can (not) redo

After three long years, the fans of Evangelion have finally received the new and expected movie, Evangelion 3.0 You can (not) redo as the third out of four movies that comprises the Rebuild of Evangelion project. Will it keep the same high-level of the previous movie? Let's take a look.

Story

Previously on Evangelion we had Rei Ayanami, Asuka Langley, Mari Makinami and Shinji Ikari piloting giant robots called Eva fighting against angels that appear to destroy humanity. During 1.0 we saw Shinji and Rei defeat a couple of them without too much effort, on the opposite that what we saw in Evangelion 2.0 were each battle claimed suffering and pain.

At the end of that movie our main characters were facing their limit point through the chaos and destruction caused by the angel Zeruel who seemed unbeatable. In the last moment Shinji, piloting the Eva 01 and wanting to save everyone, but specially Rei Ayanami, defeats the angel. But...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Dead Space 3 (XBOX 360, PS3, PC)

in Home

[Review] Dead Space 3 (XBOX 360, PS3, PC)

Dead Space was one of the best games in 2008 for several reasons; a unique atmosphere, a great story about madness and decay and something different than just aliens as enemies. Visceral games continued the successful formula with animated movies and two direct game sequels in 2011 and a few days ago with Dead Space 3. Isaac Clarke, probably the most famous engineer in the gaming history, is back.

Story

Dead Space, above all things, is a story about the Markers and a man who fights against them. The Markers are strange structures found in different places of the Universe that have unlimited power. Humans found one on Earth and tried to replicate and use it as energy resource for their colonies and stations in space.

But the Markers are something very different; they are alien devices that manipulates other creatures to kill themselves and others in a spiral of chaos,...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] DmC Devil May Cry (XBOX360, PS3, PC)

in Home

[Review] DmC Devil May Cry (XBOX360, PS3, PC)

During the last couple of years the new image of Dante (the famous and loved character from the Devil May Cry franchise) has been the target of countless critics and taunts from fans although that was the only thing we knew about this new game. Surprisingly Capcom decided to let an occidental studio like Ninja theory to develop the game this time and the result is, well, let's check it out!

Story

Dante is a young man that likes to enjoy all kinds of pleasures and living by his own in Limbo City. During one his usual hangovers he finds himself under the attack of demons that had been seeking him. But among all the enemies there's a young girl that is trying to help Dante and that's pretty weird since the girl is almost invisible. Actually Dante has been dragged into the limbo and that's where the demons are able to attack him, Kat (the girl) knows that and tries to help him...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Dishonored (XBOX 360, PS3, PC)

in Home

[Review] Dishonored (XBOX 360, PS3, PC)

Dishonored is a game developed by Arkane Studios under the seal of Bethesda
    . All the information we had about this game was pretty clear and the videos and images shown were very interesting. Now that the game has been finally released we take a deeper look at the final result of this revenge story in first person view.

Story

Lord Protector Corvo Attano comes back to Dunwall from a long journey where he tried to find a cure for the plague (pestilence) brought by rats that has been killing the civilians of the town. Sadly he only has bad news for the empress and his young daughter Emily, there's no other town with such problem and there's no information about how to solve such disaster. The main problem comes during your conversation with the empress where a bunch of mysterious assassins attacks you, kill the empress and kidnap Emily just to disappear leaving Corvo alone in the crime scene. The consequences are obvious, ...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Darksiders II (XBOX360, PS3, PC)

in Home

[Review] Darksiders II (XBOX360, PS3, PC)

Darksiders was one of those few games that appears each generation from time to time from nowhere to dazzle all gamers. After the great main feeling, THQ and Vigil games decided to make a sequel that has been released this summer following the same formula of the first game, but how is the final result?

Story

The story of Darksiders II is not exactly the sequel of the original game, not even a prequel, it's a parallel story. In Darksiders we played as War (one of the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse) who has been summoned to Earth to start the Apocalypse and bring order into the battle between Heaven and Hell, but the truth is that the other Horsemen haven't arrived yet and War is accused by The Charred Council of starting the Apocalypse prematurely.

In this parallel story we play as Death, another Horseman who knows that War is innocent and there's some secret conspiracy behind all that. To prove that his brother...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Batman: Arkham city

in Home

[Review] Batman: Arkham city

Year: 2011
    Developer: Rocksteady Studios
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Platform: Sony Playstation 3, XBOX 360, PC
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Stealth
    ESRB Rating: Teen (T)

"How does it feel to stand on the very stone that ran with your parents' blood? Do you feel sad? Full of rage? Or does that outfit help bury your feelings? Hiding your true self. You're truly an extraordinary specimen... I look forward to breaking you."

- Dr. Hugo Strange
    What does it feel like? To be the known world over as the legendary dark knight? The raining lord of justice? The so-called savior of the meek and oppressed? What would it take to fit in right in his shoes? Will you carry all the weight? Will you face the world that is waiting for you, basking in their dire fangs and bloody claws as they rip you apart limb-to-limb. In a the shallow pit of hell aptly named, Arkham City, you will have a chance to find out. ...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Lollipop chainsaw (XBOX360, PS3)

[Review] Lollipop chainsaw (XBOX360, PS3)

Suda51 is a Japanese independent director who makes unique games like No more Heroes, Killer7 or shadows of damned. His last work, a hack and slash game called Lollipop Chainsaw is a game that follows the same irreverent style of the previous works of Suda51.

Story

Juliet Starling is a cheerleader of the San Romero high school and today is her 18th birthday. For this special day her family is preparing a party for her at the end of the day. But first she wants to spend the day with her boyfriend Nick so she gets her bicycle and goes out just to find a zombie infestation. But she isn't afraid at all, she comes from a zombie hunter family and she can defend herself with her pink chainsaw and her special cheerleader movements.

Sadly when she finds Nick in the park he is about to turn into a zombie so Juliet decides to cut his head off and turn her boyfriend into a talking living head easy to wear. Now their mission is finding...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Heroes of Ruin (3DS)

[Review] Heroes of Ruin (3DS)

Time ago SquareEnix and Nspace showed an action RPG (or hack and slash) game that was called as the 3DS Diablo due to its similar mechanics, online features and proximity in their release. Now, once it's already released in Europe we can check the real experience of Heroes of Ruin.

Story

During one century the war has brought chaos and ruin to the world of Veil and it seemed it wasn't going to stop until the appearance of the War Lords. These non human Lords were extremely powerful creatures that fought together to bring the peace to the world once and for all. Once all nations were in peace, each Lord founded a city for those people that wanted to start a new life.

Several years later one of those War Lords, Ataraxis, ruler of the city of Nexus, has been cursed and it's been turned into a sleepy creature. Since that could...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Pandora's Tower (Wii)

[Review] Pandora's Tower (Wii)

Pandora's Tower is the last game that completes the triangle of RPG jewels
    (among Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story in what was called Operation Rainfall) for the Wii in its last breath of life as console. This game was released a year ago in Japan developed by a small team called Ganbarion, the result a great love story from a very dark point of view.

Story

Elena is a young girl that has been chosen to sing at the Harvest Festival and Aeron, her lover, watches the ceremony between the crowd when suddenly something attacks her and causes the chaos in the imperial city of Eliria. During the following madness Aeron and Elena are helped by a strange merchant from the Vestra tribe called Mavda that asks them to run out from the city and hide in a remote place called "The Observatory".

Some kind of mark has appeared in the back of Elena, that mark is the proof of an old curse called The Beast's Curse, if nothing is done, Elena will turn into a beast. That's...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Asura's Wrath (XBOX360, PS3)

[Review] Asura's Wrath (XBOX360, PS3)

During the last games conventions E3 and TGS in 2011 many games were announced. One of those games was Asura's Wrath by Capcom. It was showed as an action game with huge enemies and based on oriental religion and culture. Now it's been released so let's check out the final result.

Story

The Eight Guardian Generals are fighting against thousands of Gohmas protecting Earth. After the battle, Asura, who fought bravely and gave the victory to the eight divinities, is summoned by the Emperor to find the dead body of the Emperor. Asura is accused of murder and runs to protect his family, but his wife has been murdered too and his daughter, Mithra, has been kidnapped.

Rage invades Asura's mind and he discovers that his comrades, the other Seven Generals, are behind all that madness and they hold M...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] The Last Story (Wii)

[Review] The Last Story (Wii)

Hironobu Sakaguchi, father of the Final Fantasy saga
    , left Square-Enix some years ago and since then he has been working on some RPG games like ASH, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. His most recent game, "The Last Story", comes exclusively for the Wii in its last years as game console. Let's see the result of the return of Mr. Sakaguchi to Nintendo.

Story

The Last Story sets us in Lazulis Island, a prosper city of the human Empire. The leader, Count Arganan is having some troubles recently with the Gurak (ancient enemies of mankind) and he needs someone to clear a certain cave. This is what Zael and his friends are payed for since they are a band of mercenaries. During his mission Zael explores some old ruins to receive a mysterious power called “The Power of Outsider”. Something long time ago mentioned in old prophecies. Count Argan...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

[Review] Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Mario Kart. Probably those two words are enough for you to know exactly what I'm going to talk about. In the game history there are many great and funny games that last one generation of consoles, however others (and mostly Mario related games) are rebuild over and over for each new console keeping the same spirit of the original games. This time we talk about the new Mario Kart exclusive for the Nintendo 3DS.

Gameplay

Mario Kart 7 is not the revolution of the saga since it's been the same in the last 3 consoles (DS, Wii and 3DS) but it has some new interesting things, but first we're going to remember the common things. In MK the main event is the Grand Prix with the 4 cups (Mushroom, Flower, Star and Special) with 16 completely new tracks and the other 4 classic cups (Shield, Banana, Leaf and Lightning) with 16 classical tracks from previous games...
    See more | Go to post

• [Review] Final Fantasy XIII-2

in Home

[Review] Final Fantasy XIII-2

~ Final Fantasy XIII-2 ~
    ~ Square Enix ~
    ~ Age Rating: 16+ ~
    ~ Genre: JRPG ~
    ~ PS3/Xbox 360 ~

Kupo~~

Well its been a while I wrote one of those, so here it is finally, bit late, but here it is, Final Fantasy XIII-2, one of the rare ocurances where Square Enix actually continues a story with the same characters, and there are already 2 other games in this universe too (Type-0 (I'll review this one when the localised version comes out) and Versus), not the same characters tho, so at least square seems to like this universe a lot.

The game has been improved quite a bit, but like with all improvements, some new problems came out, dont get me wrong, i loved the game, but it does deserve its critisism where its due.

Also i apologise that this review is somewhat long, it wasnt intentional, but somehow it ended up twice longer than my normal reviews, so its a bit too long, but i couldnt really find where to narrow it down without removing relevant information. Also the screenies are a bit blurry, the game it self is sharp, but i dont have the ability to take my own screenshots on my current PS3 setup and finding ones without various companies logos plastered all over them is surprisingly hard.

So my ranting aside lets dig into the game.

Release dates:
    • December 15, 2011 ~ Japan
    • January 31, 2012 ~ NA/PAL
    • February 2, 2012 ~ Australia (Wow Ausies actually got a game before Europe did for once)
    • February 3, 2012 ~ International

Ratings:
    • ACB: M
    • CERO: B
    • ESRB: T
    • PEGI: 16

Graphics: Well the graphics are pretty much what you expected, not may changes here, they did reduce the texture resolution a little bit, but that is mainly because the last game choked in framerates a bit, especially on the 360 and this game features even larger areas. But apart from that the game is still one of the best looking console games to date. The new areas in the game are designed really really well, and some look really stunning, Acadamia 4XX AF for example, i know this name wont mean much for those who haven't played, but to sum it up its the major city of the game. Either way, you will get what you expected from the game, graphics are top notch and even if there are a couple things to pick on here and there, it is still a pleasure for the eyes.

Sound: The sound is top notch, i really cant complain about anything here, i played the dubbed western version and watched videos of the Japanese one and voice acting is great in both of them, the music is great too, which is a trend in Final Fantasy series anyway, it has a lot more vocal songs than the last one, but they dont get annoying, and the Dying World 700AF music is just amazing, especially combined with the atmosphere there.

Story: This i will write in 2 sections, the one right below this in spoilers WILL contain spoilers and read it only if you beat the main story or if you dont care.

Well like with any story involving time travel the story does get messy a bit, but it is a very well writen one and i actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The story in a rough nutshell involves Lightning disappearing right after the end of the last game, and Serah being the only one that can remember her, so she joins up with a new character Noel, who is sent by Lightning to bring Serah, and they set out to find a way to get Lightning. It gets a lot more complicated than that, but i dont want to spoil anything for anyone. All the characters from the previous games make at least an appearance, some more involved, some less, but they are all still there. Story wise apart from the ending i dont really have a lot of things to pick on. As for the ending, here comes the spoiler part.
    Spoiler
    Ok seriously the ending was a punch in the face, like trully, i was sitting there with a WTF face all throughout the credits, they win, everything is fine, new cocoon launches with its incomprehensible name, happy music plays, everyone's happy and then... Serah just dies, really, they just killed her off, snap, just like that, and then everything just breaks apart and goes to shit, Lightning is frozen or dead or whatever, goddess is dead, Valahalla pops into existence, Mog dies too, not that anyone cares about him after Serah died... And if you unlocked or youtubed the secret ending, you also find out that Caius is still alive and that was his plan all along, which is like a second punch in the face. Really that is the most messed up ending in all of final fantasy series, i mean a lot of them had character deaths, some more sad, some less, but this one is just WTF.

And the director isnt even being clear of what will happen with the series from this point, one of his arguments was that did that cos he wanted the players to explore the paradox endings, but i call total BS on that cos the paradox ending aren't even related to the ending and while are fun, dont add anything to the main story, the second thing he mentioned is DLC expansions. So at this point it is unclear, either there will be a FFXIII-3 which would be something totally new to the series since they never continued one story that long, and this one already has 2 games in it and 2 others that are based in the same universe (Type-0 and Versus) or it will be released as a DLC, either way that means money out of pocket to actually see a proper ending, stupid square enix.

• Serah Farron - The true main character of this story, while both her and Noel are the leads, the story circulates around her a lot more than Noel. She is Lightnings sister, and was the only non playable core character in the previous game, now she is back, kicking an awesome battle dress. She is supposed to be 21 in the game, but i wouldn't give her one year over 16 personally, if that, but she is still pretty hot. Personality wise, i would have to label her "normal", meaning she doesn't have the extreme personalities like the characters in the previous games. She is likable though and makes a solid main role.
    • Noel Kreiss - The new addition to the series, a guy from a very distance future, traveling back in time with hopes to create a new future. Personality wise i found him a bit plain though, he is an alright character, i liked him even, but he could have held more depth.
    • Mog - Technically a main character, he is more like your personal assistant flying around you all the time, he also acts as Serahs weapon, transforming into it during battle. But boy did he get on my nerves sometimes, his personality is just silly, as if they weren't sure what to give him, so they made him into a.. greedy money loving mog? or something of the sort, although if he does annoy you, just toss him around a bit, he always screams like you are torturing him every time you throw him.
    • Lightning - She acts as a narrator of the game this time, observing everything from Valhalla, personality wise she hasnt changed at all from the previous game, still tsundere to the core, she is also playable for a bit in the prologue part of the story. (Also obtainable as a pet in DLC, see DLC section).
    • Sazh Katzroy - Only makes a short cameo appearance in the story, however now has his own DLC expansion which allows you to get him into his party (See DLC section)
    • Hope Estheim - Needs to be mentioned too as he plays quite a big role in the game, he is somewhat different than the Hope you seen in the last game, his personality is actually mature and strong now instead of the EMO boy in the previous game, and despite the fact i hated him in the last game he is actually not so bad here. Also his looks are changed some what, since the first time you encounter him is 10 years since the first game.
    • Vanille and Fang also make a Cameo appearance along with some new side characters, i will skip these to avoid making the section too long.

Gameplay: Well the gameplay it self is very similar to what all of the final fantasies were, you have the running around part and the battle part. Unlike in the previous game, they switched back to the old system of random encounters, however it doesn't follow the same swooosh screen every 5 steps like before, now the monsters spawn next to you and you get this timer called moogle clock, during this timer you can either A) Hit the enemy before it hits you and get a preemptive strike B) Get hit by the enemy in which case the battle starts normally C) Try to run away, if you cover a set amount of distance between you and the enemy, the battle will cancel out, however some enemies are so persistent that they will change you to the ends of the world. If the timer runs out and neither of the previous mentioned point is reached, the battle will still engage and you will have the retry option locked, which means you cant use retry to fast end the fight and try to run away again and will have to see it through to the end (if you die you still get the retry option however).

The maps them selves have undergone a lot of changes too, the previous game was accused over and over for being too linear, so now the areas are much wider, with plenty of side paths and such to explore, you no longer feel confined by 2 walls all the time, there are a lot less "invisible walls" that you could find in the previous game too, and your character can jump, which is actually used quite a bit in some areas.

But the biggest addition is of course the time travel stuff, which allows you to hop back and forth between all the stages of the game, i call them stages, because they are separated by drastic location changes and loading (the loading times are a bit on the long side too, but the areas are huge and detailed so it's forgivable.). This does make the game some what less linear, though you still have to follow quite a straight path if you follow the story, there is a part where you can go two different paths, but in the end you will still have to do both of them, so its just choosing which doing first. It also has a time reverse option, which is quite nice, what it is, is basically an overglorified save game +. You can do that on any stage and that will allow you to replay that stage like you never done it before (minus the quest item collection), while letting you keep your characters as they are, it is used quite a bit to collect fragments, but mainly its just fun to go back and whoop some bosses ass you had troubles with before.

The promised multiple endings are a bit of a false advertising, the only real alternative ending i would say is the bad ending you can get while getting the story (which btw you should get while you play the story the first time, will save you time backtracking later, it wont make you loose any work you put in anyway). The other endings labeled paradox endings are... well they are technically endings, but they are just really cutscenes of "what could have happened if..." and while they are quite fun to watch, they usually cut off right before it gets interesting and just makes you go aww, but what then. One of them is really funny though (The flan one for those who already played). There is no confirmation if these will be continued in DLC content or not, so it is hanging in the air so to say.

Moving back to the whole time idea a bit, it is executed quite nicely, most of the areas will change some what depending on what time you are in, some over going cosmetic difference (Like it will be different season or something), to being completely new maps, but even the cosmetic changes will change the surroundings quite a bit, things get affected by time wear, areas can become accessible or inaccessible, and so on.

The NPC/City issue has been addressed too, now there is plenty of NPCs and cities, though the shop is centralised still like in the previous game, though instead of a floating console (which never made sense in some areas), you now get this Chocolina chick that sprouts the most annoying lines ever and i find my self mashing X to skip dialog every time i talk to her just to shut her up. There are plenty of side quests too, like seriously plenty, a bit too many even i could say, im not sure about the quest count, but it will range between 60 to 100 depending if you count chain ones or not.

During the story and from side quests you will get these items called Fragments, as items them selves they serve no purpose apart from having descriptions in your item list, by collecting certain amounts or all the fragments in certain areas, you will get fragment skills, which are gameplay skills, instead of battle skills, i will cover them right after the battle section. But getting them all is a pain, each quest will reward you one, so that means if you want to get all of them, you are inevitably stuck with doing all of them. And there are several very annoying ones, the top 3 being the slot machine one, where you need to win 7777 coins out of it, thankfully that one is easily solved by buying a ton of casino coins, and jamming the auto play key on your controller, and go away for an hour or two, and if you're lucky you will have gotten it. The second one is revealing all maps at 100%, which is just tedious and the gold medal winning one is of course kill EVERY monster in the game, all the bosses, special boss modes you might miss in your initial play through and so on, and boy does this game have a huge bestiary, ranging easily over 200, so be ready to pull up a guide if you want that one, because the game isnt nice enough to tell you what mobs you are missing.

The grinding is less grindy too, at least XP wise, if you bother collecting fragments and get as much as you can before finishing the main story line (a couple of them require you to have it finished), just the rewards from obtaining them will be enough to max out 4 or even 5 of your jobs, the others you will max out just by leveling your pets. So that saves a lot of grinding, unlike in the previous game where the amount to max out end game was about the same you needed to max out before the main boss.

But with making something good, they have to go ahead and spoil it with something else. For those who played the previous game and actually bothered getting the ultimate weapons, remember farming Trapezohedron? Remember the jolly 5% drops from Adamantoises, well guess what! They made that even harder to get, now it drops with the same marvelous 5% drop rate from a monster that is a lot harder to kill than a Long Gui (The nastier version of Adamantoise), and now you need a whooping 2 of them to craft it, and if you want auto haste hermes shoes, throw in another one, so thats at least 5 or 6 if you do both chars. So its a nightmare, i honestly have the game at 100% completion, but i only have 1 of the weapons. Luckily there are alternatives, one being a 50% ATB charge boosted weapon, which is frankly faster than the 6ATB block weapon, since 5+50%=7.5, but has less dmg, so it balances out on about the same, and the other is the Odin weapon, which is only really worth for commando mode, it is 5 bars and no boost but if you have all the fragments it has NASTY dmg.

Battle system: This one hasnt't really gone through that many changes, if you played the previous game hop past the first paragraph to the second one where i will discuss the changes from the previous game. As for the ones who haven't played the first game, here's a quick rundown. The game uses an ATB (Active Time Battle) battle system, which you could see through out the whole game series being improved bit by bit, though unlike in older games like VII, it uses the style of X-2 and XII and is real time, though you still have to wait for your turn bar to charge up. For those who are unfamiliar with this at all, you basically have a bar charging and once the bar is full (or part full, depending what you do) your character will execute the action. Unlike in previous final fantasy games (with the exception of XIII of course) you control only one character and the other characters will be controlled by the AI, which seems to cause a lot of arguments about the game being less involved, i could counter that argument by using the same ever so popular FF VII as an example, but thats already a side discussion and not part of the review. Another new addition is the Paradigm system (onc...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X