Thread: Windows 7 and Hentai Games

Light Windows 7 and Hentai Games

Finally I decided to leave my Windows XP and switched to Windows 7. After all the mumbo jumbo like hardware-software compatilibilty, I found not much problems on those. The last step I have to take before switching to it is whether Windows 7 is friendly enough or not to run my collection and any other upcoming Hentai Games.

Anyone would like to share their experiences on playing H-games (with AGTH and Atlas) on Windows 7?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

Remove Advertisement

Blog Entries
    Start reading about what UAC (User Account Control) is, and how it can save your ass from being hijacked by viruses that could be found in those games....

Everything will run if you know how to set it up correctly and what permissions, ACLs, and security boundaries are...

Pretty easy...
    LittleVexy ~ 狂気の少女 ~ Kyouki no Shoujo ~
    ~ 狂気の少女 ~ Kyouki no Shoujo ~ kungfu saga

Quote Originally Posted by Einreicht View Post
    Anyone would like to share their experiences on playing H-games (with AGTH and Atlas) on Windows 7?
    Without AGTH and Atlas, the games I played run fine. Atlas works well by itself, too.

HF-Loli | HF-Mimikko | HF-Bishoujo Games | HF-Hentai

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Einreicht View Post
    Will keep it short: NO.

But disable UAC, it's just a pain in the ass. There are malware that can actually tamper with the UAC settings themselves so it doesn't really protect you, unless you max your UAC settings. And if you did THAT, you are better off just covering your telephone cable from your router to the telephone exchange with electrified fencing, that's much less hassle. There are better 3rd party solutions for protection (and a lot of even these will still give false positives from time to time, for example with AutoIt crack applications; just DL stuff from the trusted uploaders here and you should be fine).

OK, so I managed to lengthen it a bit anyway...
    Last edited by sailabc1; 12-09-2009 at 06:42 AM.

IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEE!!! TIME TO CONQUER THE WORLD WITH MY PEENUS AGAIN! GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    If you like the Rance series and the company that made it, join the AliceSoft Fan Club!

how about to playing Hgames on Windows 7 64 bit, it's same like 32bit or using XP emulator ?
    POLYGON LOVE 2 COSPLAY TECH48 KAMASUTRA....
    More information : see my blogger at here ---> http://pl2cosplay.blog131.fc2.com/
    PL2 Sailormoon Team On Darkness ----> http://www.mediafire.com/?ojavtmozgom

7. Quote Originally Posted by rsei1978 View Post
    how about to playing Hgames on Windows 7 64 bit, it's same like 32bit or using XP emulator ?
    The only games I've had problems running on Windows 7 64-bit are the old digital download games that Jast/G-Collections sold, because of the VMate copy protection that doesn't work on any 64-bit OS (unless you play them in XP Mode, they do work there). The newer ones use Software Defender, so those work just fine, as do the regular CD versions of the older titles.

Offhand I can't remember a lot of games not working on 64 bit Win 7. I can think of only 1 Japanese game that gave me problems that I needed to play on XP, but I can't remember which one it was anymore. Maybe My Fair Angel, but I can't say for sure. All in all though, the majority of them do seem to work, at least of the ones made in the past 5'ish years.

I second disabling UAC though, it just causes too much hassle for little to no protection if you exercise some common sense with your PC.
    Last edited by AG3; 12-09-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: small addendum

8. I personally keep UAC at the hdd change only, that is enough to keep the vast majority of things off. To disable it all back in Vista via super administrator was fine, but in 7 the improvement was significant enough for me to want to keep some UAC up. In comparison to setting up proper noscript/adblock/etc, this setting isn't too bad at all and provides imo a reasonable failsafe.

Proper browsing is still the best way to go though.

9. I've been using win7 for more than 6 months I guess, and only I have problem with sbeach 3 , the all others and translaters are working smooth.

10. well for me some old games made between 1997-2002 will have unexpected errors such as video don't play, crash in middle or crash when changing cgs other than that it is fine

Thanks guys, you really help me a lot. Now I'm just gonna sit tight and wait for my copy of Windows 7 to arrive.