Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: G.E-Hentai/Scio.us Downloader v5.2a

1. G.E-Hentai/Scio.us Downloader v5.2a

G.E-Hentai/Scio.us Downloader is program that downloads manga image files from g.e-hentai and scio.us
    Accpets both the image page URL and the thumbnails list gallery page URL

Features
    -----------
    - gets manga files from g.e-hentai and scio.us
    - accepts both image page URL and thumbnails list gallery page URL
    - select which files you want to download from a checklist
    - preview window to preview images(not available for all images)
    - send download list to Clipboard
    - send download list to Free Download Manager

Important to note that Lu.scio.us downloading is not completely compatible at the moment, if the internet explorer on your pc can't load pictures from lu.scio.us they may not load in this program correctly.(see readme.txt for more details)

As i've heard before, If you download a large amount, you may get a bandwidth error, this program will automatically keep trying until the error is gone(I'm stuck with slow internet connect so I'm unable to test a large download at the moment).

this program was mostly just made for the fun of it, please feel free to comment or report problems (program and screenshot attached below).

Update: 7/08/2011 - version 5.2, cpu usage extremely reduced and file saving bug fixed
    (for example, you can't download this file in v5.0: http://g.e-hentai.org/g/333668/e64002475a/ )
    7/10/2011 - version 5.2a, can now load galleries that have over 999 images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapshot.png 
Views:	3472 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	197201  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pizzacat; 07-10-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: v5.2a update
    To see my h-project blog, click here.

Sakurahime - Maids Perfect - Manga Downloader - Anime Updater

"from now on you and I are buddies!"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

Remove Advertisement

3. Thanks a lot for this application

But receiving an error,

when I paste the url link of the manga from g-hentai into source location and click on load list ... it shows error Line -1: Error : Subscript used with non-Array variable.

An idea why its happening ?

4. could you give me the the url link you used and maybe a screenshot of the error message?
    and does it do that for every link your try?
    for example does this url work?: http://g.e-hentai.org/g/340519/22fca6805b/
    Last edited by pizzacat; 05-29-2011 at 03:42 PM.

5. does this work with exhentai.org as well?

6. Quote Originally Posted by pizzacat View Post
    could you give me the the url link you used and maybe a screenshot of the error message?
    and does it do that for every link your try?
    for example does this url work?: http://g.e-hentai.org/g/340519/22fca6805b/
    I tried 3-4 links and yes everytime I tried the same error message appeared. I also tried your url link but unfortunately the results are same.
    Here is the screenshot with your above url link -

Hope you will find out what's wrong with it

7. @cobra88king8 Sorry I keep getting the sad panda when I try to visit that site, I may try to add support for it late(once I figure out how to get it to work and debug this current one).

@xcaliber9999 thanks, the screen shots is very helpful. Looks like the it successfully gets the file information, but the error appears when cleaning the temp files. Seems like it's having trouble finding the location or getting access to your temporary internet files

I've tried a few things and reproduced your error 2 different ways, I got the same error when the temp directory didn't exists, also when the temp folder was completely empty(which maybe be odd if your missing the index.dat file i think...)(clicking on the "t" button lets you change the temp directory if you were wondering). Tested it in both english and japanese locale and it seemed to work fine,
    I'm guessing one of the following maybe the problem:

1) doesn't have access permissions to dir(not running pc as admin?)
    2) directory does not exists (normally it would tell you this)
    3) your temp folder is completely empty (have you use Internet Explorer lately?)
    4) the default temp folder location was changed by someone (unlikely, as it would likely make it pass that array error)
    5) problem with filesearch/temp filesearch inside the program(i'm pretty sure it's not this)

What operating system are you using?
    Are you running your pc as the administrator?
    What version of internet explorer do you have?(shouldn't make a difference normally)
    could you show me the text in the data.txt file?(in the same folder as the program, this may tell what the problem is)

try clicking on the "t" button and follow the guide to locate your temporary internet files.
    If you still have problems after this, I'll send you a test file which may find the problem.

@all I'm wondering if anyone else is having this or any other problem, as it works just find both my pcs, anyone else having problems?
    Last edited by pizzacat; 05-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

8. Sorry for the late reply ^^;

Everything is working fine now. The main problem was with temp folder the dir path was set at a different location. So its working fine now. Thanks again for your application

Looks like we have now two G.E-Hentai downloaders, yet none of them work on ExHentai. So I'd highly appreciate it if you add ExHentai.org support to this program of yours.

Harpy,
    Dragonewt, Doll, Ghost, Scylla, Centaur, Queen Bee, Lamia.

Cheers for this, may come in very handy
    Test run seems good so i don't think i'll have any problems.

11. wow, lots of replies

@xcaliber9999: so it was changed from the default directory? I am a little curious to why it didn't detect it automatically, maybe your old temp folder existed and was completely empty? Either way, great to hear that it's working for you now.

@Kamigoroshi: yea I noticed someone else has a working g-e.hentai downloader here(seemed to work well when I tried it). I've figure out how to get on the Exhentai website, I see it has a lot of manga that's been removed from g-e.hentai. The site is protected somewhat more than g-e.hentai but it looks like I figured out how to bypass that, so I should hopeful be able to add support for exhentai whenever I try to update the program (But it maybe a while until then since I'm making an h-game now, unless a lot of people want me to do it now). ^^'

@JayD907: Thanks ^^, let me know if you have any problems.
    Last edited by pizzacat; 06-07-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast