Remove Advertisement
Page 227 of 728 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 277 327 727 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 7275

Thread: AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

1. AGTH - text extraction tool for games translation

Current AGTH version: 2011.5.9

Before asking something make sure you've read this first post, guides and searched in this thread.

Related links

AGTH home site: http://sites.google.com/site/agthook/

Guide by mastress: http://blgames.proboards25.com/index...ead=1141106731

Screenshot guide by fhc: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

Advanced AGTH Video Tutorials by Freaka: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80401

Itadaki (external toolset for adding furigana (reading) to kanji): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958

Translation Aggregator (tool for querying many translation engines): http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94395

AGTH general information

AGTH is a tool for capturing text from running programs. Main purpose - extracting text from japanese games for translation.

AGTH requires Windows 2000 or newer NT-based system, x64 and server variants are also supported. Recommended operation system - Windows 2003 and newer (yes, some features won't work on XP). With Vista/Win7 you would likely want to run AGTH with elevated rights or disable UAC.

Running program under AGTH

AGTH consists of hook module agth.dll and loader agth.exe.
    To load application - pass its name to agth.exe as command line argument.

Example for running from shortcut:
    1) Create shortcut for game.
    2) Open properties of created shortcut. In "Target" field will be something like
    Code:
    "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    3) Append to the start of "Target" field full path to where you extracted AGTH, so it will be like
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"
    4) Make sure that "Start in" filed hasn't changed after you changed the "Target" and there is space between AGTH and game exe paths.
    5) Run game from this shortcut.

Before name of game exe you can specify some options for AGTH. Each option must be separated by spaces from both sides.

Example of running the same game but also automaticaly copy captured text to clipboard:
    Code:
    "C:\AGTH\agth.exe" /C "C:\Games\Maou no Musume-tachi\twins.exe"

Working with loaded AGTH

After load AGTH will create its window, where it will show captured text.

AGTH separetes text into several 'text threads' based on 'context' (to avoid mess from mixing text of game, menu, title...).
    Displayed text thread could be chosen by drop-down list in the upper part of AGTH window. As game runs, new text threads could be found and added to list.

If you close AGTH window it will not detach it's hook from the running applications, so if AGTH is started again it will continue to hook the text, hook options will be unchaged too.

Additional features

AGTH can try to correct locale of programs - useful for running japanese games with system locale set to non-japanese.

/R option tries to correct locale the AGTH-way - minor visual glitches are possible, but overall program should run like started on system with specified locale.
    /L option works exactly as running program under AppLocale (also this option requires installed AppLocale).

Both options can be used together.

AGTH can be used just for fixing locale without any text hooking.
    Example of starting QuickATLAS with locale overriden to japanese (useful in case when you see only '?????' in it instead of characters):
    Code:
    C:\AGTH\agth.exe /L /NH "C:\Program Files\Atlas\QuickATLAS.exe"
    If you can't find useful text - try options /X3 and/or /V with loading by /P

Recent changes

• Added new type of user hook: Code.
    • Hardware hooks now also work on 32-bit XP SP3.
    • Improved /R override, now it should be able to run InnoSetup installers.
    • Added symbol '◇' to default filtering.
    • Removed user hook type: Hex.

• Added support for LiveMaker engine.
    • Added support for IronGameSystem engine.
    • Updated KiriKiri support.
    • Updated RealLive support.

• ASLR support, can be disabled with ':' at the end of user hook.
    • Improved /R override, just /R performs more aggressive process 'japanization' than /R411
    • Updated RealLive support.

• Locale override support for Win7 (/R option).
    • Internal threading optimizations.
    Last edited by Setx; 05-09-2011 at 04:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

Remove Advertisement
    For the game:

[RUNE] Yuki Nochi, Fururu!: (fururu_v101) /HA8*0@47A570 or /HAN2C@47CED6

these /h commands don't work, unfortunatly. Yes I applied the patch to update to v101 and no its still not hooking the proper text. I tried the /x and the /v command and still no luck. Any help here?

Game can be found here:
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...highlight=RUNE

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mongolfier View Post
    I have a problem running AGTH with Popotan game.
    Without AGTH it works but with AGTH it leads to game crush.
    This is my first expirience using AGTH so probably I do something wrong.
    Maybe there was such information in this thread but I'm to lazy to read more then 200 pages)
    Some games can only be hooked by using the /pn or /p option. I'm not sure if that's the case with Popotan, since I don't have the game myself. Anyway, you can try using /pn option to hook the game. You'll have to run the game first without agth, then run agth with the /pn(Game exe file).

For example, say that game exe file is named Popotan.exe, your target line using the /pn option would look like this, assuming the agth exe is in the C:\agth directory:
    "C:\agth\agth.exe" /C /pnPoptan.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Haiyami View Post
    For the game:

[RUNE] Yuki Nochi, Fururu!: (fururu_v101) /HA8*0@47A570 or /HAN2C@47CED6

these /h commands don't work, unfortunatly. Yes I applied the patch to update to v101 and no its still not hooking the proper text. I tried the /x and the /v command and still no luck. Any help here?
    Did you see any Userhook thread in agth? Sometimes, in my case, agth doesn't automatically jump to the userhook thread.

More h code goodies:
    Title: 恥淫ノ教室~女教師とその娘に××する~
    Chiin no Kyoushitsu ~Jokyoushi to Sono Musume ni xx Suru~
    Company: erogehonpo
    /HA4@418FD8
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88148

Title: 春色桜瀬
    Haruiro Ouse
    Company: Purple Software
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88020
    /HA-4@435910

5. question:

Is there a program like atlas that will work with agth but translates the japanese into chinese?

6. Has anyone gotten AGTH to work with Little Busters!EX (ecstasy) yet? Whenever I try to open both programs it says "Error: can't install hook".

7. Re: [RUNE] Yuki Nochi, Fururu!

I figured out what went wrong. Both of those codes work. It's just that this game requires the /pn option to work. Seeing that another game from RUNE, Shishunki, also requires the /pn option gave me the clue. So the code should be :
    (fururu_v101) /HA8*0@47A570 /pnfururu.exe or /HAN2C@47CED6 /pnfururu.exe

8. Does anyone know the code for "タユタマ -kiss on my deity-"?
    Thanks!

Edit: nvm I found it.
    Last edited by Rikto; 08-03-2008 at 07:45 AM.
    何でも先頭に“男の”をつけるとカッコ良いぞ。

9. well i'm back lol, and I got Nursery Rhyme to work where i can somewhat follow along w/ the story. however, i do have instances where i'll be getting a lot of ".." s or "/|/|" s in the middle of text on atlas where words should be (or at least i think they should be-- it seems there are words missing, replaced with .. XD). i checked agth, and it hooks everything exactly, so that's working for me now thanks to everybody's help.

if the all those periods on atlas are normal, then it's fine, i can still follow along.
    but if there's anything i can do for a better translation, i'd like to know =]
    Last edited by noClouds; 08-03-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: addition

10. Quote Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
    Has anyone gotten AGTH to work with Little Busters!EX (ecstasy) yet? Whenever I try to open both programs it says "Error: can't install hook".
    It sounds like agth is trying to hook onto something that's not there. You should check to make sure the path for the game's exe file is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by noClouds View Post

if the all those periods on atlas are normal, then it's fine, i can still follow along.
    but if there's anything i can do for a better translation, i'd like to know =]
    Sometimes when Atlas is trying to translate a grammatically incorrect sentence, the translation tends to contain a few of those periods. And I don't think there's much that can be done with Atlas.

Another h code for your enjoyment:
    ぱすてる☆ななな~魔法少女はオトコノコ!?~
    Pasuteru☆Nanana~Mahou Shoujo ha Otoko no Ko!?~
    Company: Apple Mint
    http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88210
    /HSC@4044D0 /KF /W43C37D

The /w portion is optional. There are a few UserhookS threads, so if you don't want to search for the thread with the dialogue everytime you start the game, you can add the /w option. Please note, the texts in the choices are in another UserhookS thread, for those that want to play the game without a walkthrough.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ozdog View Post
    It sounds like agth is trying to hook onto something that's not there. You should check to make sure the path for the game's exe file is correct.
    The Properties of the short cut looks like this right now.

The exact Target code is: C:\agth\agth.exe C:\KEY\リトルバスターズ!EX\RealLive.exe

I'm almost certain it is not a directory issue since Little Busters does open with the shortcut, AGTH just doesn't hook.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

12. So here's the problem Im having.

"im using agth 2008.5.4.0 "

It says that " when u click on the shortcut of the game it will load the game + agth "

but whenever I try play the game via the shortcut i made
    ( which I already put the path to agth in target )
    the game wont load , only the agth.

This is the first time im playing a jap game with agth.

qoute:
    I had an issue before where suddenly AGTH no longer worked with any of my game shortcuts, even though it had worked before previously with no problem. After clicking a game shortcut, AGTH would load, but the game would not load. After going into the Windows registry (Start > Run > regedit) I searched for "agth" and deleted all instances. After that, everything started working again great.

Tried this method be4 , still wont work.

Im trying to play Lucky Cosplay with the agth.

Target: C:\AGTH\agth\agth.exe /C "D:\Eroge\Lucky Cosplay\LuckyCosplay.exe"

Start in:"D:\Eroge\Lucky Cosplay"

Any help please ?

Page 227 of 728 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 277 327 727 ... LastLast