Remove Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [RPG Maker VX] The Way Home v.13

1. [RPG Maker VX] The Way Home v.13

Hello there Hongfire,

I'd like to present you all with a game that I have been working on. So without further ado
    http://www.mediafire.com/?e66bi9lmucv0ccn

The basic premise is that the main character woke up in a strange world and must make the journey home. On the way he makes friends, woos ladies, and fights bad guys. Unlike most RPG Maker games this game is more about exploration than anything else, so while there is a main storyline you are more than encouraged to leave the beaten path.

Obviously what is posted is incomplete and subject to change. Of particular note is the CGs, which are temporary. I plan to replace them if I get an artist.

So this is the part where you potentially come in. I am in need of a team, specifically writers and artists. So if you are interested just shoot me a PM or post in here.

Thanks, and I hope you all enjoy the game.

Spoiler
    Last edited by Mando; 01-16-2012 at 12:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    Remove Advertisement

3. Downloading now to give it a shot. A screenshot or two would help people decide if it's something they might like or not.

4. That was much better then what I was expecting from a post without even a screenshot. You even have more then one area playable in your first release!
    I like that you skipped combat and leveling, and focused more on exploration and discovery. That being said, I hope you plan to add more fleshed out or hidden scenes later on. "Talk with girl, Instant H-Scene" is fine as decoration amongst more complex scenarios, but holds little substance by themselves.

5. @zirpcev - This is by no means my first release so don't be too impressed.
    I tried to add a wide variety of compexity for getting scenes, some are easy to appeal to people who get discouraged easy. Some are more difficult encouraging real exploration. A good way to keep track of how many scenes there are left for you to discover is through the "gallery" a term I use loosely, because you can't actually re-see most of the images, but yea, that's what it is there for. As for the really simplistic scenes I do want to flesh them out, that would be one of the writers jobs.

@Regless - I'll try to put some screenshots up for everyone.

6. Took me a while to figure you cannot rest. You regain HP and MP by having sex.

anyone knows how to get scenes 2,3,20,24,25?
    I got all the rest.

Money cheat
    Spoiler
    go to the port town (third town), the salon (place where you can upgrade your looks in the port town), and talk to the lower hat on the lower right table, it'll give you 100 gold every time you talk to it, doesn't tell you though.

Scenes I matched (numbered top to bottom, left to right)
    Spoiler

1. Go to bottom left building in starting town where the children are at, peek through the window closest to the door
    2. Use the white flowers near the building for #1, enter and pay 5G for Pactia
    3. Same as #2, for Robin
    20. Lose to wolves.
    24. After losing to wolves, meet the queen, you must have 5 or more looks, which means you have to get your hair messed with near the pub in Vamir, you have to wash yourself by talking to the catgirl/foxgirl/whatevergirl in the inn in Node, and I think the only other place to up your looks at the salon in the port city, which can be done three times
    26. You need to get some heavenly brew. If you don't have enough money, Once you have the heavenly brew, talk to Terri

No boxes:
    A. Iif you get 3 beauty treatments in 3rd city, then interact with beautician again she will sleep with you and it doesn't have a box to match. (might or might not require that you have already had 2 looks before going there)

also how do I
    Spoiler
    Move the boulder in the first area with wolves, east of the village with the animal people
    Last edited by MrTTAO; 04-21-2012 at 03:43 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MrTTAO View Post
    anyone knows how to get scenes 2,3,20,24,25?
    I got all the rest.
    2 and 3 are in the brothel, go to it, and go a ways past the windows, there are some flowers next to the building, talk to the wall right next to those, you're in, talk to the butler and you can pay to sleep with 2 of the prostitutes (the other one is busy with another guy, you saw them going at it through a window for scene 1).

For one of the final scenes (think 24 or 25, but could be 26) you need to get some heavenly brew. If you don't have enough money, go to the port town, the salon (place where you can upgrade your looks in the port town), and talk to the lower hat on the lower right table, it'll give you 100 gold everytime you talk to it, doesn't tell you though. Once you have the heavenly brew, talk to Terri or whatever her name is in the port town bar, give her a gift, and there you go.

Another one of the final scenes (24-26, can't remember which, I did a lot of stuff, got all three I think, so I don't know which one goes where), you get from taking the Queen in the winter village's letter. Not sure how to go about that, but you can, then go to her house and talk to her. There's also an angel scene I'm pretty sure, but not entirely sure how to get that.

Also, not sure if this is for scene 20 (I'll do some experimenting in my game), but one screen east of Node, where you serenaded the girl, east of that is a tree with flowers in front of it, talk to the tree to find a underground place.

Oh, also, about your second spoiler question, lose to wolves. Before you do so, remove any party members you have, Patrick gets healed from sex, but party members don't. This will get you to the winter area (which you'll need to get the sex with the queen there scene)

Edit: Ah, did some testing, you get scene 20 automatically after being beaten by wolves, and 24
    Spoiler
    is the one that deals with the queen, you must have 5 or more looks, which means you have to get your hair messed with near the pub in Vamir, you have to wash yourself by talking to the catgirl/foxgirl/whatevergirl in the inn in Node, and I think the only other place to up your looks at the salon in the port city, which can be done three times

And I checked, 25 is the only one I don't have, forgot that I just assumed that one was angel girl.... Not sure if there's even a way to make yourself more pure in the game. Also, there are a few repeatable scenes which don't have chests in the gallery, I've encountered 2 that I know of for sure, and I think I saw one or two more, but can't quite remember.
    Last edited by 2095conash; 04-21-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: New info

8. Quote Originally Posted by 2095conash View Post
    2 and 3 are in the brothel, go to it, and go a ways past the windows, there are some flowers next to the building, talk to the wall right next to those, you're in, talk to the butler and you can pay to sleep with 2 of the prostitutes (the other one is busy with another guy, you saw them going at it through a window for scene 1).
    Thanks, I couldn't figure out those flowers.

For one of the final scenes (think 24 or 25, but could be 26) you need to get some heavenly brew. If you don't have enough money, go to the port town, the salon (place where you can upgrade your looks in the port town), and talk to the lower hat on the lower right table, it'll give you 100 gold everytime you talk to it, doesn't tell you though. Once you have the heavenly brew, talk to Terri or whatever her name is in the port town bar, give her a gift, and there you go.
    That is scene 26, already had that one. But thank you.

Another one of the final scenes (24-26, can't remember which, I did a lot of stuff, got all three I think, so I don't know which one goes where), you get from taking the Queen in the winter village's letter. Not sure how to go about that, but you can, then go to her house and talk to her. There's also an angel scene I'm pretty sure, but not entirely sure how to get that.

Oh, also, about your second spoiler question, lose to wolves. Before you do so, remove any party members you have, Patrick gets healed from sex, but party members don't. This will get you to the winter area (which you'll need to get the sex with the queen there scene)

Edit: Ah, did some testing, you get scene 20 automatically after being beaten by wolves, and 24
    Spoiler
    is the one that deals with the queen, you must have 5 or more looks, which means you have to get your hair messed with near the pub in Vamir, you have to wash yourself by talking to the catgirl/foxgirl/whatevergirl in the inn in Node, and I think the only other place to up your looks at the salon in the port city, which can be done three times
    Thanks, I never considered losing to anything so that is why I didn't get those 2 scenes.

Also, it has been my experience that allies heal too when you have sex.

Also, I can't remove my allies from the group, it tells me there is no one in reserve to take their place. I am also such a high level that losing is going to be a long difficult arduous process, which I am currently trying to achieve.

I've encountered 2 that I know of for sure, and I think I saw one or two more, but can't quite remember.
    I just found a confirmed one, if you get 3 beauty treatments in 3rd city, then interact with beautician again she will sleep with you and it doesn't have a box to match.

I went ahead and updated my previous post with various info
    Last edited by MrTTAO; 04-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MrTTAO View Post
    Also, it has been my experience that allies heal too when you have sex.
    Ah, I only noticed one time, after losing to the wolves with 2 party members (didn't get the mage, since I didn't know that you could talk to people on balconies yet), you get scene 20, and Patrick was fully healed, but my other two party members were dead, so it got troublesome.... Also, I think that if you TALK to an Inn keeper than you get healed, not sure, might have just had a sex scene between fighting and heading to the Inn, but after I talked to the Inn keeper after some fighting everyone was full health. This was the Node Inn keeper by the way.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTTAO View Post
    I just found a confirmed one, if you get 3 beauty treatments in 3rd city, then interact with beautician again she will sleep with you and it doesn't have a box to match.
    I already had that one, there's also one in Node, in one of the houses (the one next to the guy who trains you), there are stairs, go down them, there's a teleport circle there, use it and you'll get teleported to a place where you get a repeatable scene, no effort needed. Also in the house that you barge into (In Vamir.... And someone calls you out on it threatening to call the police), if you have at least 1 looks, and you flirt, afterwards you can go back in the house and repeat the scene, but that one has a chest in the gallery (you can open the chest by raping her for the scene once, or you can flirt with her to get the repeatable version, either way opens the chest in the gallery)
    Last edited by 2095conash; 04-21-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: New stuff to say

10. Quote Originally Posted by 2095conash View Post
    Ah, I only noticed one time, after losing to the wolves with 2 party members (didn't get the mage, since I didn't know that you could talk to people on balconies yet), you get scene 20, and Patrick was fully healed, but my other two party members were dead, so it got troublesome.... Also, I think that if you TALK to an Inn keeper than you get healed, not sure, might have just had a sex scene between fighting and heading to the Inn, but after I talked to the Inn keeper after some fighting everyone was full health. This was the Node Inn keeper by the way.
    It seems to depend on the scene. Some seem to not cure you, some cure only you. Some cure the whole party (currently in party, those in reserve are not cured).
    If it cures the whole party it will bring back KO units

I already had that one, there's also one in Node, in one of the houses (the one next to the guy who trains you), there are stairs, go down them, there's a teleport circle there, use it and you'll get teleported to a place where you get a repeatable scene, no effort needed. Also in the house that you barge into (In Vamir.... And someone calls you out on it threatening to call the police), if you have at least 1 looks, and you flirt, afterwards you can go back in the house and repeat the scene, but that one has a chest in the gallery (you can open the chest by raping her for the scene once, or you can flirt with her to get the repeatable version, either way opens the chest in the gallery)
    I had seen both, yes.
    The repeatable scenes fully heal and recharge the whole current party (but not reserve memberS)
    Last edited by MrTTAO; 04-21-2012 at 07:05 PM.

11. So where do you find the elemental that wanted the orbs?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast