Remove Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sakamichi no Apollon/ Kids on the Slope

Sakamichi no Apollon/ Kids on the Slope

[Official Japanese Site] [Official English Site] [ANN] [AniDB] [Baka-Updates Manga]

Description:

Summer 1966, Nishimi Kaoru has moved from city to city and school to school because of his father’s job.
    So the first day at his new school was just routine for him. Being intellectual and the new transfer student, he has always been seen as an outcast and all Kaoru had to do was bear it until the next time he moved.
    But things were slightly different this time. First, he started to get close to the class president, Mukae Ritsuko, and, secondly, unlikely as it seemed, grew closer to Kawabuchi Sentaro.
    Sentaro was infamous for getting into fights, skipping class and was an overall bad boy. Strangely enough, the three of them find common ground in music, namely jazz, and Kaoru finds himself actually enjoying the new town.

PV:

Be at ease, no yaoi involved here.
    Director of this series is Watanabe Shinichiro, who most probably will easily recognize due to his work on Cowboy Bebob.
    After watching the first episode I can say it's a nice, realistic, down-on-earth anime with likeable and believeable characters. A nice change from the moe and ecchi anime this season in any case.
    Last edited by Kamigoroshi; 04-21-2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Removed deleted videos

Harpy,
    Dragonewt, Doll, Ghost, Scylla, Centaur, Queen Bee, Lamia.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

Remove Advertisement

Initially, this series isn't on my watch list this seaosn, but I'm really liking the first episode. Totally impressed with the quality of animation during Sentarou's drumming scene and the jazz theme is definitely something refreshing.

4. Watched the first episode yesterday. This looks really promising.
    The art style is very elegant, the animation incredible (how could it not be?), and the 60s jazz soundtrack will be perfect without a doubt.

We might have a masterpiece coming up. It's been a while I haven't been expecting a new episode with such excitement.
    Last edited by Phatkap; 04-18-2012 at 12:19 PM.

I have read the manga before and don't remember this series is about jazz...

^ Both the anime and manga are all about jazz. Just watch the second episode and you'll know what I mean.

Harpy,
    Dragonewt, Doll, Ghost, Scylla, Centaur, Queen Bee, Lamia.

7. This anime is so good.
    I haven't had such a blast since Usagi Drop.

Mr. Shinichiro Watanabe thank you!

8. The reason I occasionally dump on certain anime I find disappointing is to ensure that when I praise a show it actually means something. As when I praise this one for example Blues is more my thing than jazz but I'm looking forwards to having my perceptions challenged. Being set in the 60's is especially inspired.
    "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."

9. When I heard Yoko Kanno and Shinichiro Watanabe were going to be involved in this I knew I had to see this anime. Definitely was not disappointed! Especially after the finale some weeks ago. The series ended but it was one of those rare endings that left me feeling satisfied, like everything came full circle. Very lovely series. Bet the manga is even more fulfiling.

10. Just grabbed the series and planning to start watching it immediately.
    "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."

Blog Entries
    now that this show is finished its about time to batch download the whole series! damn, this season does not appeal me much. I really wish I had time to pick this up last season.

I love jazz music!

“As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin."
    - Pablo Neruda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast