12-18-2012, 12:58 AM #1
[H-GAME RPG] SIM BROTHEL 2: REVIVAL
Hello folks, I'm here to inform everyone about our WIP Sim Brothel 2: Revival, a spiritual rpg successor to the original Sim Brothel game on Newgrounds. Sim Brothel 2: Revival is a fully fledged rpg with a focus on expanding, managing and growing your brothel, much like the original game, save for one major exception; it's an rpg! (I mentioned that already didn't I?)
In addition to the brothel management mechanics, Sim Brothel 2: Revival includes a vast game world, quests, a story line(WIP), and various character classes which influence dialog and story, and of course a battle system.
Although the game is still very much in development at this time, there is still a decent amount of content thus far to play and enjoy(we have some quests here and there, a world to explore, several brothels, and around 300+ girls to fill said brothels with) and it is being worked on, refined, and expanded frequently.
Currently the game must be downloaded via SVN.
SVN is a small, efficient, and easy to use shell extension that will keep you up-to-date with the game. it can be downloaded here http://tortoisesvn.net/
Make a folder where you want the game to be stored. I suggest somewhere accessible, like your desktop. Right-click this folder and select SVN Checkout.
It will ask for an address, enter:
That should start the download. Once the download is finished you should be set to go(although sometimes we break our game with updates ). You can update to the latest version by right clicking on the game folder and using the update svn function, we commit changes and additions to the game daily.
There are also several other features as well that can be useful such as svn clean up(right click, context menu-fixes any errors relating to the svn if you have them, generally) update to revision(right click, context menu- will revert the game to an older possibly more stable version) etc.
FYI, The game is around 2gigs or so now and the download will probably take a while(30mins to an hour(+?) depending on your connection speed)
Chat & Forum-
Please come join us in our chat and/or forum, the chat in particular is almost always active where we are usually discussing the game, responding to error reports, and assisting newcomers. Chat link http://sb2revival.chatango.com
Forum link http://sb2revival.lefora.com/ (you must fill out an application and have it approved to participate on the forum)
And last but not least..
Help us!, lend your talents to our project!
We are in need of more devs and are actively looking for people with coding/programming/scripting knowledge of RPGMAKER XP. Spriters too! they are in short supply(aren't they always?) so we would very much appreciate your help!
Contact me via pm if interested, or just show up and start talking with us in the chat!
Last edited by Unaltered Beast; 03-12-2014 at 05:56 PM.
12-18-2012 12:58 AM # ADSAdvertisement Circuit advertisement
- Join Date
02-12-2013, 05:10 PM #71Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
Ok, Guess I have to wait for the fix for maya. Just want to know before I update, what does the new version include?
02-13-2013, 05:05 AM #72
Latest updates are awesome.
A couple of observations:
1) What's up with alchemist girls? I found only two of them, and they don't want to work as alchemists.
2) Where's that mage with his slave seals hiding? Somewhere near the start of the game he appeared in the scene in brothel, saying that he developed a technique to seal slave's magic abilities. This happened two times for some reason, no idea where he is now. Is this all right?
3) I've seen some girls with "dancer" that are unable to dance. Am i missing something?
4) Medics and teachers are not gaining any exp for their work. Or they are just slow as hell.
Note that i started playing just before that awesome brothel system upgrade, might be something went wrong in my save?
02-13-2013, 09:00 AM #73Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
- the ivory tower
No47, as someone who's spent too much time playing various versions, and follows the dev chat, but isn't a developer:
1) Programmers say alchemy isn't implemented yet.
2) All the mage does is help you control your slaves (and apparently help with training/testing girls if you're playing Maya). There's never any reason to talk to him outside the events.
3) I'm not sure I've seen a case of that myself, but girls with high enough agility can dance without the "dancer" trait, so maybe girls with too low agility can't dance even with it? In any event, you should make high agility girls without "dancer" dance, as they'll have a chance of acquiring the "dancer" trait, as well as "athletic" (good for working as whores) and "nimbleness" (sends agility through the roof; excellent for your adventuring party so they can get in first strikes in combat).
4) I think they just don't. Assigning girls to those jobs helps other girls, not the girls assigned to those jobs.HF-Hentai #479
Astonished to find that while I am, sadly, neither the sluttiest nor the most pervy member of HF-Hentai, I seem to be the most experienced. Come to me if you need any advice! Well, if you're silly enough to trust OKcupid tests.
02-13-2013, 09:14 AM #74
02-13-2013, 01:44 PM #75
02-13-2013, 05:10 PM #76
Oh, about alchemy, it was part of the old menu script and we are working on it to redo the system.
02-14-2013, 05:00 AM #77Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
about the kasumi and ayane quest
Last edited by Selius; 02-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.
02-14-2013, 03:39 PM #78
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM #79Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
is it possible to teach slaves new abilities?
the help text says you can if you hit the left or right arrow keys while in a skill trainer menu but it doesn't work for me
02-14-2013, 07:49 PM #80
slaves have to be in your party first. The trainers only teach combat skills right now.