Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jenallia's Wrath (RPG Maker VX Game)

1. Jenallia's Wrath (RPG Maker VX Game)

Hi Hongfire! I've lurked here from time to time, but never actually had an account or anything like that. Someone I know mentioned that I should get word of my game on here, so I'm following their advice.

The game's called Jenallia's Wrath, it's a standard RPG game with Text-based H elements at the moment (working on fixing that eventually), as the author I can't really say if it's good or not (I always feel like there's stuff I can do better) but some folks have seemed to like it so far, so I figured I'd post it here, hopefully get some feedback on anything I could improve. These next two months are a bit hectic, but I plan to eventually get the next version out!

Current version: 0.5

Summary

When the first of their kin appeared in the world, magic users were viewed with harsh prejudice. In most cases, magi were killed, or abandoned as soon as their latent power became noticeable.

Centuries passed... Removing mage-kin from the world was commonplace until the great kineticist Jenallia came to be. Managing to escape death, she was the first recorded mage to have understood her powers, and quickly put them to use. The reports claimed that small villages had been attacked at first... Then watch towers, strongholds, eventually entire castles! As Jenallia's uprising grew, so did the number of mage-kin under her watchful eyes...

These kin began to follow in her footsteps, seeking out those of magical power, and teaching them to control their curse. Soon, an empire had formed under her, from which mage-kin not only lived freely, but ruled over others.

With the increasing number of mage-kin, Jenallia had found various reports of magical abilities she had never heard of. Seeking out rare individuals of different magical prowess, the four domains of magic were established- Mind, Body, Anchor, and Kinetic.

In the years that followed, the wars began to die down as peaceful solutions were found. History records that Jenallia had continued to resent those of nonmagical descent, but that her disciples had forced her to end her various conquests.

Five centuries have passed since Jenallia's empire was established, and while its borders have changed from the occasional war, it still remains as the only region where mage-kin are not resented and killed, and the largest empire in the world.

In Jenallia's Wrath, you control Nytarra Mel, a young mage with a modest frame, brought to the Northern Institute to train and master her powers. Her reason for being there? A dark past, shrouded in lies, false memories, and conspiracies far and wide regarding the true nature of the mage-kin.

Pictures! (last one is content that'll be in the next update)

Spoiler

Current Version download links

http://www.4shared.com/file/vFa0Pje_/Je ... Wrath.html

Alternative Link

http://www.filedropper.com/jenalliawrath

Link to my Development Blog (I try to keep development information here to keep it out of the way)

http://jenallia-wrath.blogspot.com/?zx=97238acba1c124df

FAQ

Spoiler
    Q: Wait a second, if this game is about Nytarra, why is it called Jenallia's Wrath?

A: You'll find out eventually

Q: It says I'm missing a runtime package?

A: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package Download the VX one

Q: A Missing Music File is crashing my game! How do I fix this!?!?!?

A: Copy/paste a music file from your folder, rename it to the missing music file. Go to an area where the music changes, and when you go back the problem will be resolved.

Q: X is wrong, X needs to be fixed, X feels out of place!

A: Thank you for informing me! I will do what I can to fix X. If X is fine, I will inform you and we can discuss this politely.

Q: I think Nytarra should have sex with X

A: I'm more than willing to come up with a scene where Nytarra has sex with X, Y, Z, and every other variable inbetween! Please ask me if I have current plans to make X sexable. If I don't, you're welcome to send in a short storyboard/script of how you think it'd play out and if it's reasonable I'm willing to add it and give you credit. Note that certain things such as jailbait and light bondage are fine, but that if it's too hardcore, it'll be an auto-no.

Q: I want Nytarra to form a giant orgy/harem/etc.

A: I won't say no, but I will tell you that it'll be the hardest thing to accomplish in-game. Most of the characters want a monogamous relationship with Nytarra, so forming any sort of sexual relation with more than one, let alone all the folks traveling with her will be very hard. Because I'm trying to make characters dynamic, you may be presented the option to break some characters, harden others to the harsh realities of life, but doing so might have its disadvantages in the story. (A Nytarra focused on sex/making her companions weaker mentally is less focused on her mission!)

Q: Why isn't X a follower? I want X to be a follower

A: Through the majority of the story, Nytarra isn't exactly looking to draw attention to herself, which is exactly what a large party would do. Not to mention each new party member is potentially four or more lines of dialogue per party-based conversation, not to mention when the party is grouped together for Nytarra to talk to them one-on-one. It'd be too much of a hassle and I'd be even more late on updates then I already am!

Q: Hey! Why isn't there any pics to go along with the juicy bits!?

A: Originally this game was designed as text-based H-scenes only, it's now going to be updated to include 3DCG, so just give me time to make them!

Q: Hey! This isn't half bad! How do I get good with RPGmaker VX?

A: I learned the basics of it from: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/t...l/rpg-maker-vx The rest you have to figure out on your own or find guides for.

Q: I spotted material that I own and/or someone I know owns and it wasn't given credit! How do I fix this/how do I get it removed?

A: Well, I certainly hope you don't want it removed, but if you do I understand, lets discuss it if that's the case please! Otherwise, simply give me a shout if I forgot to give you credit! I find a lot of material on my phone when I'm just browsing around for fun, and when I do I typically derp and forget to write down the person's name for credit reasons... I'm sorry!!!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

3. I like it.

The story is good. I like the options for dealing with your allies so far. Try to leave an option for close friends but not lovers though. Seemed like at the end a few of the conversations were, a) F*** You B) OK.... C) I LOVE YOU
    The option D) Yeah that does make you look good (in a non romantic way) would be even better.

As for 3DCG, I like the idea in theory, but other games seem to fail in that department. Yes I like an uniform art direction and that makes 3DCG better that mix and match random art, but it can also look cheap if done poorly. IMO do not make the men featureless and incorporeal. It really looks cheap and generic when the male character is invisible, or translucent. More detail the better, heck Skyrim screenshots using sex plugins could generate some detailed 3DCG. Lesbian animations seem to be in short supply but there are a few and time will produce more. Oblivion has an even larger verity of animations which could be used to make good 3DCG but you would have take a hit on detail. Note that is what I would do, feel free to ignore me.

Comments about in game story.
    Spoiler
    I like the story so far. The rape that is told about your past is a great tool to make the player hate the headmaster, and also gives the player a framework to help role play.
    Really well done so far.

The one sex scene I had was good. It was a nice and detailed lesbian scene that had options on how to react. Thumbs up man.

I will await your next update.
    Last edited by Xj347; 01-08-2013 at 10:14 PM.

4. I'm just gonna say I don't approve of the 3dcg idea, I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who's fed up with seeing
    3dcg h-scenes in games. But I see how you wouldn't have much of a choice if you're not good at drawing or don't have
    anyone to help you there, 3dcg is just the easiest way.
    Going to try the game out eventually so I can't say anything about the content yet.

5. I, on the other hand, kind of like 3dcg style. Definitely looks better to me than random set of pictures harvested over the net and allows developers who are not good at drawing, to set scenes exactly as they want. For example my favorite use of 3dcg is in RE:Anise (and other momota games).

6. Quote Originally Posted by Incopl View Post
    I, on the other hand, kind of like 3dcg style. Definitely looks better to me than random set of pictures harvested over the net and allows developers who are not good at drawing, to set scenes exactly as they want. For example my favorite use of 3dcg is in RE:Anise (and other momota games).
    Maybe I'm rather alone with my opinion then but I definitely agree on the random harvested picture set, that is the worst thing you can do.

7. 3DCG is good once you've had some practice with posing, expressions, and framing screenshots. Otherwise there's a tendency to have it look like a diorama with a bunch of Barbie dolls standing around.
    I wish those who unsettle you would castrate themselves.
    - Galatians 5:12

Elysium update thread: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291459
    Latest version: 0.11 (March 31st, 2012)

8. Kyaann: No you're not alone...I'd rather it be like Zauber with animated h sprites...speaking of which was nice until the whole sex change part kicked in.....

....or pure text with random dialogue triggers based on the type of h scene......possible combo of the 2 could work also,say a themed pic for a an h action like missionary with random text followed by a 2nd and 3rd image which also have random text
    Last edited by 11Z11; 01-09-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    A rep is worth a thousand words

9. Your not alone Kyaann. *places hand on shoulder* I understand. I've done a bit of 3d art but it's still way better than anything I've ever completed so I can't really knock it. but I do understand where your coming from.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kyaann View Post
    I'm just gonna say I don't approve of the 3dcg idea, I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who's fed up with seeing
    3dcg h-scenes in games. But I see how you wouldn't have much of a choice if you're not good at drawing or don't have
    anyone to help you there, 3dcg is just the easiest way.
    Going to try the game out eventually so I can't say anything about the content yet.
    To an extent I agree with you. 3DCG is so EASY to get wrong, and most use things like 3D Custom Girl... I have yet to see a good picture with programs like that personally other than profile pictures. I guess I just do not like that art style.

I really think using something like Skyrim would produce more detailed pictures, and with mods you can get all shapes and sizes nowadays. WAY less control but they look good. Then again that is my preference and not sure if I am the only one.

I will state, I normally skip games that use 3D Custom Girl for H pics. Total turn off. Personally I would go without pictures rather than use 3D Custom Girl style.

11. I've still played games with the 3dcg images but it feels like i play for the story than the h content....and if i wanted to do that,heck i could just play any normal game...really the reason you play an h anything is for the h...be cool if someone made an rpg maker game like pokemon but hentai like
    A rep is worth a thousand words

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast