Thread: Gibo [h-game] problem, Screen goes blank and I can't play!

1. Gibo [h-game] problem, Screen goes blank and I can't play!

I have played Gibo before and I wanted to play it again and when I installed it, it didn't work. I know how to install it, I used Daemon tools. I don't know why because it was successfully installed and when I started the game the screen went blank but I could still hear the music. I can't skip the intro either. I pressed ctrl+alt+delete and when i saw Gibo it was not responding. I have played this game and the same version i have on my computer 2 times before but it doesn't show me the screen.
    Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem, I would be very thankful if anyone knows how to correct this error!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

Remove Advertisement

3. I have the same problem. The screen shows nothing but I can hear the music of opening but I can't do anything....

4. just del op.avi or rename it to op.a

Cheers

5. Quote Originally Posted by shinangels View Post
    I have played Gibo before and I wanted to play it again and when I installed it, it didn't work. I know how to install it, I used Daemon tools. I don't know why because it was successfully installed and when I started the game the screen went blank but I could still hear the music. I can't skip the intro either. I pressed ctrl+alt+delete and when i saw Gibo it was not responding. I have played this game and the same version i have on my computer 2 times before but it doesn't show me the screen.
    Can someone PLEASE help me with this problem, I would be very thankful if anyone knows how to correct this error!
    You need to download and install Indeo Video version 3.x.

Try Googling for iv5setup.exe. It's a free download, and includes version 3.2. Do the custom install, and make sure you de-select the IE and Netscape add-ons, because they'll cause the install to freeze and fail.

After you've downloaded and installed Indeo Video Version 3.2, reinstall Gibo - Stepmother's Sin and the game should launch as normal.

@Noctis: Errmm... kudos i guess for trying to help. But next time perhaps you might just want to try and check the actual date of post? Specially when commiting trhead necro =P Last post was in 2008 I'm fairly sure the original op has either found a proper fix since.. or given up xD

7. i dont see any ie and netscape addons and do you have to usecustom settings
    Last edited by broadroad8; 10-16-2011 at 10:51 AM.

I don't know whic game is it but the most games which turn to blank/black screen requires an MPEG-4 codec
    Umemaro Omega - Volume 2 [Game Edition + Movie Edition + English Edition]

Click on the image to being directed to LeonX' Hidden Treasury
    (Got the permission from 2 admins to share the link in my sig!)

9. can you give me a name of an mpeg-4 codec to donwload

K-Lie codec pack should solve the solution!
    If not, download a seperate MPEG-4 codec! (Google search^^)

Good luck my friend!
    Umemaro Omega - Volume 2 [Game Edition + Movie Edition + English Edition]

Click on the image to being directed to LeonX' Hidden Treasury
    (Got the permission from 2 admins to share the link in my sig!)

11. Quote Originally Posted by broadroad8 View Post
    i dont see any ie and netscape addons and do you have to usecustom settings
    Well, the last time I got it to work successfully, this was the method I used. There are three options for installing iv5setup. The first option is "custom" and it's the one you need to use in order to be able to review and approve the addons.

Unfortunately, this fix doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. I'm still using Windows XP, and there seems to be an incompatibility between certain versions of this OS and the game. At this point I've installed Indeo Video 3.2, the Combined Community Codec Pack, and the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, but the game still won't play. I can hear the music, but the game will freeze and hang on a black screen even after the opening movie has ended.

Hopefully you'll have better luck, but if all else fails, you can always go to the installation folder, find the opening movie (Op.avi) and rename it. This will generate an error message when the game attempts to play the movie since it's now "missing" but at least you can get past the error message and actually play the game.
    Last edited by Noctis27; 12-08-2011 at 10:24 PM.