Remove Advertisement
Page 1 of 142 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation Aggregator v0.4.9

1. Translation Aggregator v0.4.9

Remove Advertisement
    Download Translation Aggregator 0.4.9

Translation Aggregator basically works like ATLAS, with support for using a number of website translators and ATLAS simultaneously. It was designed to replace ATLAS's interface as well as add support for getting translations from a few additional sources. Currently, it has support for getting translations from Atlas V13 or V14 (Don't need to have Atlas running), Google, Honyaku, Babel Fish, FreeTranslations.com, Excite, OCN, a word-by-word breakdown from WWWJDIC, MeCab, which converts Kanji to Katakana, and its own built-in Japanese parser (JParser). I picked websites based primarily on what I use and how easy it was to figure out their translation request format. I'm open to adding more, but some of the other sites (Like Word Lingo) seem to go to some effort to make this difficult.

JParser requires edict2 (Or edict) in the dictionaries directory, and supports multiple dictionaries in there at once. It does not support jmdict. You can also stick enamdict in the directory and it'll detect some names as well, though the name list will be heavily filtered to avoid swamping out other hits. If you have MeCab installed, JParser can use it to significantly improve its results. TA can also look up definitions for MeCab output as well, if a dictionary is installed. In general, MeCab makes fewer mistakes, but JParser handles compound words better, and groups verb conjugations with the verb rather than treating them as separate words.

TA also includes the ability to launch Japanese apps with Japanese locale settings, automatically inject AGTH into them, and inject its own dll into Japanese apps. Its dll can also translate their menus and dialogs using the ATLAS module (Requires you have ATLAS installed, of course). Versions 0.4.0 and later also include a text hooking engine modeled after AGTH. The menu translation option attempts to translate Windows-managed in-game menus, and is AGTH compatible. The AGTH exe and dlls must be in the Translation Aggregator directory for it to be able to inject AGTH into a process. AGTH is included with the most recent versions of TA.

The interface is pretty simple, much like ATLAS: Just paste text into the upper left window, and either press the double arrow button to run it through all translators, or press the arrow buttons for individual translation apps. Each algorithm is only run once at a time, so if a window is busy when you tell it to translate something, it'll queue it up if it's a remote request, or stop and rerun it for local algorithms. If you have clipboard monitoring enabled (The untranslated text clipboard button disables it altogether), it'll run any clipboard text with Japanese characters copied from any other app through all translators with clipboard monitoring enabled. I won't automatically submit text with over 500 characters to any of the translation websites, so you can skip forward in agth without flooding servers, in theory. I still don't recommend automatic clipboard translation for the website translators, however.

To assign a hotkey to the current window layout, press shift-alt-#. Press alt-# to restore the layout. Bound hotkeys will automatically include the current transparency, window frame, and toobar states. If you don't want a bound hotkey to affect one or more of those states, then you can remove the first 1 to 3 entries in the associated line in the ini file. Only modify the ini yourself when the program isn't running. All other values in those lines are mandatory.

Pre-translation substitutions modify input text before it's sent to any translator. Currently applies to websites, ATLAS, Mecab, and JParser. There's a list of universal replacements ("*") and replacements for every launch profile you've created. I pick which set(s) of substitutions to use based on currently running apps. Note that you do not need to be running AGTH or even have launched a game through TA's launch interface for the game to be detected, but you do need to create a launch profile. May allow you to just drag and drop exes onto the dialog in the future.

MeCab is a free program that separates words and gives their pronunciation and part of speech. I use it to get the information needed to parse words and display furigana. If you have MeCab installed but I report I'm having trouble initializing it, you can try copying libmecab.dll to the same directory as this program. Do not install MeCab using a UTF16 dictionary, as I have no idea how to talk to it (UTF16 strings don't seem to work). Instead, configure MeCab to use UTF8, Shift-JIS, or EUC-JP. If you have both MeCab and edict/edict2 installed, you can view a word's translation in MeCab by hovering the mouse over it. Also, JParser can use MeCab to help in parsing sentences.

JParser tends to be a better choice for those who know almost no Japanese - it tells you how verbs are conjugated, handles some expressions, etc. MeCab may well be the better choice for those who know some Japanese, however.

Source, attached below, is available under the GPL v2.

Thanks to (In alphabetical order, sorry if I'm leaving anyone out):
    Hongfire Members:
    Freaka for his innumerable feature suggestions and reported issues over the course of development.
    Setsumi for TA Helper and for all his suggested improvements and reported issues, particularly with JParser.
    Setx for AGTH.
    Stomp for fixing the open file dialog not working properly on some systems and adding the tooltip font dialog, and fixing a bug that required admin privileges when certain other software was installed.
    Might sound like minor contributions, but feedback really drives the development of TA.

Non-members:
    KingMike of KingMike's Translations, who is apparently the creator of the EUC-JP table I used to generate my own conversion table.
    Nasser R. Rowhani for his function hooking code.
    Z0mbie for writing the opcode length detector/disassembler I use for hooking. Apparently was intended for virus-related use, but works fine for other things, too.
    And the creators and maintainers of edict, MeCab, and zlib.

You might also be interested in:
    *Setsumi's TA Helper and AGTHGrab.
    *errotzol's replacements script.
    *Devocalypse's devOSD.
    *kaosu's ITH (Like AGTH. No direct TA support, due to lack of a command line interface, but definitely worth checking out).

MeCab
    edict2

Changelog:
    * Fixed MeCab/JParser getting stuck when starting a new translation before the last is fixed.
    * Fixed interface lockup while mousing over an item in MeCab while JParser is running.
    * Menu translation will now translate column headings in ListViews (Needed this for the AA launcher)
    * Fixed ATLAS config crash.
    * Global hotkey support. Toggle under "File" menu (Tools is kinda big already). Currently only really supports history navigation. May add more later.

* Added history. Logs both original text and translations (For online translators). It logs up to 20 MB of original text, and whatever translations are associated with it. Currently only way to force a retranslation is to toggle one of several options (Autoreplace half-width characters, src/dest language, modify substitutions).
    * Fixed deadlock bug on MaCab mouse over while JParser is running.
    * Fix corrupting built-in text hooker settings when launch failed. Suspect no one uses this, anyways.
    * Drag/dropping an exe onto TA to open up the injection dialog now actives TA.

* JParser and MeCab each use their own thread (Mostly).
    * Changed conjugation table format to JSON - plan to do this to a lot of other files (Being careful not to mess up game settings or substitution tables). Currently have way too much file loading code.

* Fix WWWJDIC
    * Fix closing injection dialog
    * Updating process list 10+x faster
    * Process list autoupdates
    * Fixed bug that would result in injecting into wrong process when one program is running multiple times.
    * Updated included AGTH version

* Added bing support.
    * Updated Honyaku code (They didn't try and block TA, they just modified their HTML)
    * Fixed AGTH command line code.
    * Replaced "/GL" with "/SM" compile option, resulting in faster builds when one has a lot of cores.

* Regular expressions are now compiled
    * Injection validation when using addresses relative to dlls (Or function addresses in dlls) should be fixed.
    * Added option to create shortcuts. They'll launch TA (If it's not running) and try to launch the game using the current injection settings (Injection settings that you'd get at the launch screen - the current settings are not saved - it always uses the most recently used ones).
    * Appropriated some of Setsumi's code to make tooltips larger.

* Multiple subcontexts now supported. Separate them with semi-colons. AGTH code converter will add two subcontexts, when appropriate.
    * Using aliases for hooks added. Prefix a hook with "[Alias Text]" and that's what will be displayed on the context manager screen as the hook's name. Makes it easier to see context strings.
    * Locale selection added to injection dialog.
    * "Hook delay" added to injection dialog. Actually doesn't delay hooking, delays how long before hooks that use filtering based on calling function's dll are enabled. Generally only the default hooks do this. Increasing this delay may circumvent issues with games that crash when launched with AGTH, but work fine when injected after launching.
    * Added "!" and "~" operators.

* Stomp's admin privilege fix when using some 3rd party software added.
    * Excite fixed
    * Fixed sanity testing for injection addresses, so when specify a dll or exe name in a text hook, shouldn't erroneously think it's an error when the module isn't loaded in the current address space.
    * Fixed some JParser dicrionary common word parsing, when using versions of edict with entL entries. Also changed treatment of Kanji entries when only their corresponding Hiragana are marked as common.
    * Fixed substitution matching Hiragana with Katakana and vice versa.
    * Fixed a clipboard-related crash bug.
    * Fixed hooks causing crashes when relocating call/jumps (Hopefully...)
    * Fixed AGTH repeat filter length placement (oops).

0.4.2b
    * Fixed substitution loading/deleting.
    * Fixed << and >>.

* AGTH code conversion tool.
    * Injection code checker added.
    * New child process injection handler (Really nifty injection code for that...). Should be a little more robust than before.
    * Option not to inject into child processes added.
    * Auto copy to clipboard added.
    * Both extension filters fixed.
    * Both eternal repeat filters fixed/upgraded.
    * Phrase repeat filter fixed/upgraded.
    * OpenMP/MSVC 2008 SP1 runtime requirement removed
    * char/charBE fixed
    * GetGlyphOutline fixed
    * Copy to clipboard crash when auto translate disabled fixed.
    * Slightly improved dll injection error handling.

* More context/filter options.
    * Repeated phrase filter now handles cases where phrase is being extended by a couple characters each time (xxyxyz, etc). Extension filters no longer really needed, unless the repeat starts out too short.
    * Option to handle eternally looping text.
    * Option to ignore text without any Japanese characters.
    * Text which substitution rules reduce to nothing no longer overwrites translated text.
    * Log length limit added.
    * Options to manage default internal text hooks added.
    * Clipboard treated as a context. Its default settings should mirror the old handling.

* Added it's own text hooking engine. Probably still buggy.
    * Fixed excessive redrawing when a hidden furigana window had clipboard translation enabled.
    * Works with new, even more poorly formatted edict files.
    * Handles EUC_JP characters that Windows does not (Doesn't use them properly with WWWJDIC at the moment, however). Only really fixes loading edict files with those characters.
    * Fixed right clicking when full screen.
    * Fixed not checking auto Hiragana mode.
    * Less picky when reading MeCab output.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 02-16-2013 at 06:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement

3. Seems to be a great program. Just add "Auto paste on clipboard change" and "Auto translate on paste" options and it would be convenient to use with AGTH.

Few technical notes:
    1) I always get cut off in Babel Fish translation on '「' and '」' symbols. They are indeed turn into '\0' in html response. But how they are processed is not a bug in Microsoft's code, but in yours: you use 'strstr' and 'strlen' functions and they work with null-terminated strings, so '\0' is end-of-string marker for them. The simplest workaround is to use something like this after you do MultiByteToWideChar/WideCharToMultiByte with length and before any str* functions:
    Code:
    for (int i = 0; i < text_len; i++)
        if (!Text[i])
            Text[i] = ' ';
    Text[text_len] = 0;
    2) You do too many MultiByteToWideChar/WideCharToMultiByte conversions. It's better to just MultiByteToWideChar once from any source encoding you have into UTF-16 and than work with wcs* and *W functions instead of str* and *A. Also i think it's better to use *W WinAPI everywhere for consistency.

3) Instead of looking into hardcoded "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ATLAS V14\\" and "C:\\Program Files\\ATLAS V14\\" i think it's better to use registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\ProgramFilesDir or SHGetFolderPath api.

4) MS Visual C++ 6 is very buggy - you should really switch to Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 (Express editions are free).

5) There are some fair ways to reduce compiled program size, not just UPX'ing. ^_^ In general packing programs is bad - they take less hdd space but more ram when work.

6) Are you sure '#ApplicationLocale' do something useful for you? I thought it works only on creating new process, not on loading dlls. Or you are using it for calling self with "/ATLAS:DICTSEARCH" ?

4. Thanks for the feedback. Automatic clipboard translation support is definitely a good idea.

1) Actually, I never use strlen before I strip HTML from the file. Turns out that there's a null in the middle of the Babelfish webpage. When you use japanese quotes, you get "\0Translation.\0" No other non-ASCII characters in there at all, so it's not a codepage thing. Might be because I'm using a GET rather than a POST, and Yahoo prefers that I POST using ISO-8859-1, or could just be a yahoo thing. Either way, now that I know what it is, not hard to fix, or at least implement a workaround.

2) Only unneeded calls I know of for either is with my Babel Fish code, which calls them both one extra time in a vain attempt to fix the null issue. My code to locate the translation currently expects ASCII/multi-byte strings. Once I cut that out, I switch to exclusively using unicode, though I probably do use ASCII too much elsewhere.

3) I do check the registry key (HKCU\Software\Fujitsu\ATLAS\V14.0\EJ\TRENV EJ). If the directory or key doesn't exist, I check the two hard-coded locations as well. Probably unnecessary, but there doesn't seem a key for the ATLAS directory or executable itself, which makes me nervous.

4) I code/debug with MS VC 2005, but VC 6.0 gives me such wonderfully small exes without having to redistribute a couple MB of dlls. I know that exe size doesn't really matter, but 75 KB vs 19 KB...

5) You're right. UPX claims it requires no additional memory, but now that I look at reported memory usage, it does actually use about the size of the compressed exe in extra RAM. Won't use it for future versions. Though with UPX the exe itself still takes up less RAM than without UPX but with VC 2005...

6) You're right, launching "/ATLAS: DICTSEARCH" in another process is the only reason for that. Atlas's dictionary interface doesn't work correctly unless the locale is Japanese, and I'd be nervous about launching it in another thread while a translation is running, anyways.
    Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 11-17-2008 at 06:37 AM.

5. 3) Of cource i've seen that you check atlas registry key. My idea was that it's bad to hardcode 'Program Files' location because it easily could be in some other place like 'D:\Program Files'.

4) Look at my AGTH - i use 2005 environment with 2008 SP1 compiler. So, if you know what to do it's possible to get all bugfixes and optimizations of new compilers and compiled size less than you get in VC 6. If you are interested how to do it - i can tell you more.

6. 3) Oh, right. Good point.

4) Please do, I'd love to be able to compile smaller exes with VC 2005 or 2008.

7. Interface should remember its position/sizes.
    In vertical view it could be more space-efficient to have beside text area only one vertical button with name of translation engine on it (that would do Translate action), maybe add checkbox above or below it without text that would mean include this engine in auto translation. Though it's arguable because it would be much less obvious than now.

It would be great to have something like http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75958 that give you just reading.

See PM for instructions how to compile with VC 2005/2008.

8. I've been thinking of moving the translator name/buttons above the text edit controls instead of to the side, so they take up less space. Can also add toolbar-ish icons to them with tool tips and such.

Mecab support looks like it'll be relatively easy to do. Could have a couple modes for hiragana, katakana, and english text. Hooking it up directly to a J to E dictionary might be nifty, too.

And thanks for the instructions.
    Last edited by ScumSuckingPig; 11-17-2008 at 12:34 PM.

9. This is such a great program and one I've been hoping someone would come out with, so thank you very much!

Just a few things that can be improved or added:

1. Custom order of boxes in both one column and two column mode.

2. Add a translation editor shortcut button for Atlas (this would pretty much eliminate the need at all to have Atlas open)

3. Another good translation site is http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ It is a lot like Atlas but it has a bigger dictionary.

Keep up the great work and thank you again!

10. Bug: minimize -> restore -> only original text left.

It would be nice to have option to hide original text too.

11. I really like 0.0.4. I was trying it since the first version throughout the week and one of my minor peeves was the clipboard and window frame memory and you fixed it so quickly. I'm sorry I can't provide better feedback but hopefully I'll run into some noteworthy bugs with more trials.

Thank you eagerly looking forward to future updates.

Page 1 of 142 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast